Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ced-12
Description: Cell death abnormality protein 12;hypothetical protein
Alias: Cell death abnormality protein 12;hypothetical protein
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Wu Y, Tsai M, Cheng L, Chou C, Weng N. C. elegans CED-12 acts in the conserved crkII/DOCK180/Rac pathway to control cell migration and cell corpse engulfment. Dev Cell. 2001;1:491-502 pubmed..We suggest that CED-12 counterparts in higher organisms regulate cytoskeleton dynamics, as CED-12 does in C. elegans. ..
- Grimsley C, Kinchen J, Tosello Trampont A, Brugnera E, Haney L, Lu M, et al. Dock180 and ELMO1 proteins cooperate to promote evolutionarily conserved Rac-dependent cell migration. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:6087-97 pubmed..This finding suggests that Rac activation by the ELMO.Dock180 complex at discrete intracellular locations mediated by the N-terminal 330 amino acids of ELMO1 rather than generalized Rac activation plays a role in cell migration. ..
- Lu M, Kinchen J, Rossman K, Grimsley C, deBakker C, Brugnera E, et al. PH domain of ELMO functions in trans to regulate Rac activation via Dock180. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2004;11:756-62 pubmed..These data reveal a new mode of action of PH domains and a novel, evolutionarily conserved mechanism by which a bipartite GEF can activate Rac. ..
- Neukomm L, Nicot A, Kinchen J, Almendinger J, Pinto S, Zeng S, et al. The phosphoinositide phosphatase MTM-1 regulates apoptotic cell corpse clearance through CED-5-CED-12 in C. elegans. Development. 2011;138:2003-14 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that the CED-12 PH domain can bind to PtdIns(3,5)P(2) (one target of MTM-1 phosphatase activity), suggesting that MTM-1 might regulate CED-12 recruitment to the plasma membrane. ..
- Chen Y, Mapes J, Lee E, Skeen Gaar R, Xue D. Caspase-mediated activation of Caenorhabditis elegans CED-8 promotes apoptosis and phosphatidylserine externalization. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2726 pubmed publisher..elegans. Our finding identifies a crucial link between caspase activation and PS externalization, which triggers phagocytosis of apoptotic cells. ..