Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ced-10
Description: Ras-related protein ced-10
Alias: Ras-related protein ced-10
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Reddien P, Horvitz H. CED-2/CrkII and CED-10/Rac control phagocytosis and cell migration in Caenorhabditis elegans. Nat Cell Biol. 2000;2:131-6 pubmed..We propose that CED-2/CrkII and CED-5/DOCK180 function to activate CED-10/Rac in a GTPase signalling pathway that controls the polarized extension of cell surfaces. ..
- Chen W, Chen S, Yap S, Lim L. The Caenorhabditis elegans p21-activated kinase (CePAK) colocalizes with CeRac1 and CDC42Ce at hypodermal cell boundaries during embryo elongation. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:26362-8 pubmed..Interestingly, CeRac1 and CDC42Ce are found at the same location, which might point to their common involvement in hypodermal cell fusion, a crucial morphogenetic event for nematode development. ..
- Yang Y, Lu J, Rovnak J, Quackenbush S, Lundquist E. SWAN-1, a Caenorhabditis elegans WD repeat protein of the AN11 family, is a negative regulator of Rac GTPase function. Genetics. 2006;174:1917-32 pubmed..While broadly conserved across species, SWAN-1 family members show no sequence similarity to previously known Rac inhibitors. ..
- Akakura S, Kar B, Singh S, Cho L, Tibrewal N, Sanokawa Akakura R, et al. C-terminal SH3 domain of CrkII regulates the assembly and function of the DOCK180/ELMO Rac-GEF. J Cell Physiol. 2005;204:344-51 pubmed..Studies with W276K CrkII may offer a unique opportunity to study the structure and function of the DOCK180/ELMO Rac-GEF. ..
- Gabel C, Antoine F, Antonie F, Chuang C, Samuel A, Chang C. Distinct cellular and molecular mechanisms mediate initial axon development and adult-stage axon regeneration in C. elegans. Development. 2008;135:1129-36 pubmed publisher..Thus, C. elegans may be used as a genetic system to characterize novel cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying adult-stage nervous system regeneration. ..
- Canman J, Lewellyn L, Laband K, Smerdon S, Desai A, Bowerman B, et al. Inhibition of Rac by the GAP activity of centralspindlin is essential for cytokinesis. Science. 2008;322:1543-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, inactivation of Rac by centralspindlin functions in parallel with RhoA activation to drive contractile ring constriction during cytokinesis. ..
- Wu Y, Cheng T, Lee M, Weng N. Distinct rac activation pathways control Caenorhabditis elegans cell migration and axon outgrowth. Dev Biol. 2002;250:145-55 pubmed..However, neither ced-2/crkII nor ced-5/dock180 is involved in amphid axon outgrowth. Therefore, distinct rac regulators control ced-10 and mig-2 differentially in various cellular processes. ..
- Dalpé G, Tarsitano M, Persico M, Zheng H, Culotti J. C. elegans PVF-1 inhibits permissive UNC-40 signalling through CED-10 GTPase to position the male ray 1 sensillum. Development. 2013;140:4020-30 pubmed publisher..These data report the first case of VEGF-induced inhibition of the netrin signalling and a molecular conservation of VEGF function from worms to humans. ..
- Quinn C, Pfeil D, Wadsworth W. CED-10/Rac1 mediates axon guidance by regulating the asymmetric distribution of MIG-10/lamellipodin. Curr Biol. 2008;18:808-13 pubmed publisher..We propose that the interaction between activated CED-10/Rac1 and MIG-10/lamellipodin triggers local cytoskeletal assembly and polarizes outgrowth activity in response to UNC-6/netrin. ..
- Locke C, Kautu B, Berry K, Lee S, Caldwell K, Caldwell G. Pharmacogenetic analysis reveals a post-developmental role for Rac GTPases in Caenorhabditis elegans GABAergic neurotransmission. Genetics. 2009;183:1357-72 pubmed publisher..elegans. ..
- Doi M, Minematsu H, Kubota Y, Nishiwaki K, Miyamoto M. The novel Rac effector RIN-1 regulates neuronal cell migration and axon pathfinding in C. elegans. Development. 2013;140:3435-44 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest that RIN-1 acts as an effector for CED-10/Rac1 and regulates actin remodeling in response to restricted guidance cues. ..
- Neukomm L, Nicot A, Kinchen J, Almendinger J, Pinto S, Zeng S, et al. The phosphoinositide phosphatase MTM-1 regulates apoptotic cell corpse clearance through CED-5-CED-12 in C. elegans. Development. 2011;138:2003-14 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that the CED-12 PH domain can bind to PtdIns(3,5)P(2) (one target of MTM-1 phosphatase activity), suggesting that MTM-1 might regulate CED-12 recruitment to the plasma membrane. ..
- Guan L, Ma X, Zhang J, Liu J, Wang Y, Ding M. The Calponin Family Member CHDP-1 Interacts with Rac/CED-10 to Promote Cell Protrusions. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1006163 pubmed publisher..Hence, by coupling membrane expansion to Rac1-mediated actin dynamics, CHDP-1 promotes the formation of cellular protrusions in vivo. ..
- Qadota H, Miyauchi T, Nahabedian J, Stirman J, Lu H, Amano M, et al. PKN-1, a homologue of mammalian PKN, is involved in the regulation of muscle contraction and force transmission in C. elegans. J Mol Biol. 2011;407:222-31 pubmed publisher..The genomic deletion of pkn-1 also showed a defect in force transmission. These results suggest that PKN-1 functions as a regulator of muscle contraction-relaxation and as a component of the force transmission mechanism. ..
- Kishore R, Sundaram M. ced-10 Rac and mig-2 function redundantly and act with unc-73 trio to control the orientation of vulval cell divisions and migrations in Caenorhabditis elegans. Dev Biol. 2002;241:339-48 pubmed..We discuss the similarities and differences between the cellular defects seen in Rac mutants and let-60 Ras or lin-17 Frizzled mutants. ..
- Meighan C, Schwarzbauer J. Control of C. elegans hermaphrodite gonad size and shape by vab-3/Pax6-mediated regulation of integrin receptors. Genes Dev. 2007;21:1615-20 pubmed..These results demonstrate concomitant, but distinct roles in migration for each integrin. Notably, transcriptional control of migration termination provides a new mechanism for regulation of morphogenesis and organ size. ..
- Liu Z, Nukazuka A, Takagi S. Improved method for visualizing cells revealed dynamic morphological changes of ventral neuroblasts during ventral cleft closure of Caenorhabditis elegans. Dev Growth Differ. 2007;49:49-59 pubmed..Using this method we, for the first time, document the dynamic changes in the morphology of ventral neuroblasts in vivo during ventral cleft closure. ..
- Caruso M, Jenna S, Beaulne S, Lee E, Bergeron A, Chauve C, et al. Biochemical clustering of monomeric GTPases of the Ras superfamily. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2005;4:936-44 pubmed..Hence we propose a novel phylobiochemical classification of the Ras superfamily of GTPases. ..
- Walck Shannon E, Reiner D, Hardin J. Polarized Rac-dependent protrusions drive epithelial intercalation in the embryonic epidermis of C. elegans. Development. 2015;142:3549-60 pubmed publisher..CRML-1 genetically suppresses UNC-73 function and, indirectly, actin polymerization. This network identifies a novel, molecularly conserved cassette that regulates epithelial intercalation via basolateral protrusive activity. ..
- Cabello J, Sämann J, Gomez Orte E, Erazo T, Coppa A, Pujol A, et al. PDR-1/hParkin negatively regulates the phagocytosis of apoptotic cell corpses in Caenorhabditis elegans. Cell Death Dis. 2014;5:e1120 pubmed publisher..Our genetic and biochemical studies indicate that PDR-1 inhibits apoptotic cell engulfment and DTC migration by ubiquitylating CED-10 for degradation. ..