Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cdk-1
Description: Cyclin-dependent kinase 1
Alias: Cyclin-dependent kinase 1
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Poteryaev D, Squirrell J, Campbell J, White J, Spang A. Involvement of the actin cytoskeleton and homotypic membrane fusion in ER dynamics in Caenorhabditis elegans. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:2139-53 pubmed..Both proteins have been implicated in homotypic ER membrane fusion. We provide evidence that homotypic membrane fusion is required to form the sheet structure in the early embryo. ..
- Rabilotta A, Desrosiers M, LabbÃ© J. CDK-1 and two B-type cyclins promote PAR-6 stabilization during polarization of the early C. elegans embryo. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0117656 pubmed publisher..elegans embryo. They also suggest that CYB-2.1 and CYB-2.2 contribute to the coupling of cell cycle progression and asymmetric segregation of cell fate determinants. ..
- Tavernier N, Noatynska A, Panbianco C, Martino L, Van Hove L, Schwager F, et al. Cdk1 phosphorylates SPAT-1/Bora to trigger PLK-1 activation and drive mitotic entry in C. elegans embryos. J Cell Biol. 2015;208:661-9 pubmed publisher..We propose the existence of a positive feedback loop that connects Cdk1 and Plk1 activation to ensure a robust control of mitotic entry and cell division timing. ..
- Yang R, Feldman J. SPD-2/CEP192 and CDK Are Limiting for Microtubule-Organizing Center Function at the Centrosome. Curr Biol. 2015;25:1924-31 pubmed publisher..We show that conversion of MTOC state involves the conserved centrosome protein SPD-2/CEP192 and CDK activity from the mitotic cell. ..
- Ellefson M, McNally F. CDK-1 inhibits meiotic spindle shortening and dynein-dependent spindle rotation in C. elegans. J Cell Biol. 2011;193:1229-44 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CDK-1 blocks rotation by inhibiting dynein association with microtubules and with LIN-5-ASPM-1 at meiotic spindle poles and that the APC promotes spindle rotation by inhibiting CDK-1. ..
- Tavernier N, Panbianco C, Gotta M, Pintard L. Cdk1 plays matchmaker for the Polo-like kinase and its activator SPAT-1/Bora. Cell Cycle. 2015;14:2394-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Cdk1 regulates Plk1 by boosting its kinase activity. Here we discuss these recent findings and open questions regarding the regulation of Plk1/PLK-1 by Cdk1/CDK-1 and Bora/SPAT-1. ..
- Seidel H, Kimble J. Cell-cycle quiescence maintains Caenorhabditis elegans germline stem cells independent of GLP-1/Notch. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..Thus, cell-cycle quiescence can itself maintain stem cells, independent of the signaling pathway otherwise essential for such maintenance. ..
- Yoon S, Kawasaki I, Shim Y. CDC-25.1 controls the rate of germline mitotic cell cycle by counteracting WEE-1.3 and by positively regulating CDK-1 in Caenorhabditis elegans. Cell Cycle. 2012;11:1354-63 pubmed publisher..We propose that CDC-25.1 regulates the rate of germline mitotic cell cycle by counteracting WEE-1.3 and by positively controlling CDK-1, which forms a complex primarily with CYB-3, but also possibly with CYD-1 and CYE-1. ..
- Wallenfang M, Seydoux G. cdk-7 Is required for mRNA transcription and cell cycle progression in Caenorhabditis elegans embryos. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:5527-32 pubmed..Our results support a dual role for metazoan CDK7 as a broadly required CTD kinase, and as a CAK essential for cell cycle progression. ..