Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cdc-48.1
Description: Transitional endoplasmic reticulum ATPase homolog 1
Alias: Transitional endoplasmic reticulum ATPase homolog 1
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Nishikori S, Esaki M, Yamanaka K, Sugimoto S, Ogura T. Positive cooperativity of the p97 AAA ATPase is critical for essential functions. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:15815-20 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the growth speed of yeast cells strongly related to the positive cooperativity rather than the ATPase activity itself, suggesting that the positive cooperativity is critical for the essential functions of p97. ..
- Ramadan K, Bruderer R, Spiga F, Popp O, Baur T, Gotta M, et al. Cdc48/p97 promotes reformation of the nucleus by extracting the kinase Aurora B from chromatin. Nature. 2007;450:1258-62 pubmed..These data reveal an essential pathway that regulates reformation of the nucleus after mitosis and defines ubiquitin-dependent protein extraction as a common mechanism of Cdc48/p97 activity also during nucleus formation. ..
- Yamauchi S, Higashitani N, Otani M, Higashitani A, Ogura T, Yamanaka K. Involvement of HMG-12 and CAR-1 in the cdc-48.1 expression of Caenorhabditis elegans. Dev Biol. 2008;318:348-59 pubmed publisher..Importantly, we found the decreased expression of p97 in embryos prepared from hmg-12(RNAi) or car-1(RNAi) worms. These results indicate that both HMG-12 and CAR-1 play important roles in embryonic expression of cdc-48.1. ..
- Sasagawa Y, Higashitani A, Urano T, Ogura T, Yamanaka K. CDC-48/p97 is required for proper meiotic chromosome segregation via controlling AIR-2/Aurora B kinase localization in Caenorhabditis elegans. J Struct Biol. 2012;179:104-11 pubmed publisher..However, the amount and localization of PP1 were not changed by the depletion of CDC-48s. These results suggest that CDC-48s control the restricted localization of AIR-2 to the cohesion sites of homologous chromatids in meiosis I. ..
- Franz A, Pirson P, Pilger D, Halder S, Achuthankutty D, Kashkar H, et al. Chromatin-associated degradation is defined by UBXN-3/FAF1 to safeguard DNA replication fork progression. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10612 pubmed publisher..Our work identifies a critical substrate selection module of CDC-48/p97 required for chromatin-associated protein degradation in both Caenorhabditis elegans and humans, which is relevant to oncogenesis and aging. ..
- Noi K, Yamamoto D, Nishikori S, Arita Morioka K, Kato T, Ando T, et al. High-speed atomic force microscopic observation of ATP-dependent rotation of the AAA+ chaperone p97. Structure. 2013;21:1992-2002 pubmed publisher..In the presence of ATP, the N-D1 ring repeatedly rotates ~23 ± 8° clockwise and resets relative to the D2 ring. Mutational analysis reveals that this rotation is induced by ATP binding to the D2 domain...
- Mouysset J, Deichsel A, Moser S, Hoege C, Hyman A, Gartner A, et al. Cell cycle progression requires the CDC-48UFD-1/NPL-4 complex for efficient DNA replication. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:12879-84 pubmed publisher..Our findings identified a role for CDC-48(UFD-1/NPL-4) in DNA replication, which is important for cell cycle progression and genome stability. ..
- Sasagawa Y, Yamanaka K, Saito Sasagawa Y, Ogura T. Caenorhabditis elegans UBX cofactors for CDC-48/p97 control spermatogenesis. Genes Cells. 2010;15:1201-15 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that UBXN-1, UBXN-2 and UBXN-3 are redundant cofactors for CDC-48/p97 and control spermatogenesis via the degradation of TRA-1A. ..
- Sasagawa Y, Otani M, Higashitani N, Higashitani A, Sato K, Ogura T, et al. Caenorhabditis elegans p97 controls germline-specific sex determination by controlling the TRA-1 level in a CUL-2-dependent manner. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:3663-72 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that the C. elegans p97/CDC-48-UFD-1-NPL-4 complex controls the sperm-oocyte switch by regulating CUL-2-mediated TRA-1A proteasome degradation. ..
- Mouysset J, Kähler C, Hoppe T. A conserved role of Caenorhabditis elegans CDC-48 in ER-associated protein degradation. J Struct Biol. 2006;156:41-9 pubmed..Together, these data suggest an evolutionarily conserved retro-translocation machinery at the endoplasmic reticulum. ..