Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cbp-1
Description: Protein cbp-1
Alias: Protein cbp-1
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Shibata Y, Takeshita H, Sasakawa N, Sawa H. Double bromodomain protein BET-1 and MYST HATs establish and maintain stable cell fates in C. elegans. Development. 2010;137:1045-53 pubmed publisher..Our results therefore indicate that histone acetylation plays a crucial role in cell-fate maintenance. ..
- Luitjens C, Gallegos M, Kraemer B, Kimble J, Wickens M. CPEB proteins control two key steps in spermatogenesis in C. elegans. Genes Dev. 2000;14:2596-609 pubmed..In sum, our results demonstrate that, in C. elegans, two CPEB proteins have distinct functions in the germ line, both in spermatogenesis: FOG-1 specifies the sperm cell fate and CPB-1 executes that decision. ..
- Walker A, Shi Y, Blackwell T. An extensive requirement for transcription factor IID-specific TAF-1 in Caenorhabditis elegans embryonic transcription. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:15339-47 pubmed..Our findings imply that in metazoans TFIID may be of widespread importance for transcription and for expression of tissue-specific genes. ..
- Yang M, Sun J, Sun X, Shen Q, Gao Z, Yang C. Caenorhabditis elegans protein arginine methyltransferase PRMT-5 negatively regulates DNA damage-induced apoptosis. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000514 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that PRMT-5 likely represses CEP-1 transcriptional activity through CBP-1, which represents a novel regulatory mechanism of p53-dependent apoptosis. ..
- Chiang W, Tishkoff D, Yang B, Wilson Grady J, Yu X, Mazer T, et al. C. elegans SIRT6/7 homolog SIR-2.4 promotes DAF-16 relocalization and function during stress. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002948 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, they reveal a novel role for acetylation, modulated by the antagonistic activities of CBP-1 and SIR-2.4, in modulating DAF-16 localization and function. ..
- Wang J, Chitturi J, Ge Q, Laskova V, Wang W, Li X, et al. The C. elegans COE transcription factor UNC-3 activates lineage-specific apoptosis and affects neurite growth in the RID lineage. Development. 2015;142:1447-57 pubmed publisher..Lastly, UNC-3 interacts with CBP-1, and cbp-1 mutants exhibit a similar RID phenotype to unc-3. Thus, in addition to playing a role in neuronal terminal differentiation, UNC-3 is a cell lineage-specific regulator of apoptosis. ..