Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cam-1
Description: Tyrosine-protein kinase receptor cam-1
Alias: Tyrosine-protein kinase receptor cam-1
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Francis M, Evans S, Jensen M, Madsen D, Mancuso J, Norman K, et al. The Ror receptor tyrosine kinase CAM-1 is required for ACR-16-mediated synaptic transmission at the C. elegans neuromuscular junction. Neuron. 2005;46:581-94 pubmed..We hypothesize that CAM-1 contributes to the localization or stabilization of postsynaptic ACR-16 receptors and presynaptic release sites. ..
- Song S, Zhang B, Sun H, Li X, Xiang Y, Liu Z, et al. A Wnt-Frz/Ror-Dsh pathway regulates neurite outgrowth in Caenorhabditis elegans. PLoS Genet. 2010;6: pubmed publisher..Our study reveals an important role of a Wnt-Frz/Ror-Dsh pathway in regulating neurite A/P outgrowth. ..
- Jensen M, Hoerndli F, Brockie P, Wang R, Johnson E, Maxfield D, et al. Wnt signaling regulates acetylcholine receptor translocation and synaptic plasticity in the adult nervous system. Cell. 2012;149:173-87 pubmed publisher..Using optogenetic nerve stimulation, we demonstrate activity-dependent synaptic plasticity and its dependence on ACR-16/?7 translocation mediated by Wnt signaling via LIN-17/CAM-1 heteromeric receptors. ..
- Moffat L, Robinson R, Bakoulis A, Clark S. The conserved transmembrane RING finger protein PLR-1 downregulates Wnt signaling by reducing Frizzled, Ror and Ryk cell-surface levels in C. elegans. Development. 2014;141:617-28 pubmed publisher..We propose that PLR-1 downregulates Wnt receptor surface levels via lysine ubiquitylation of Frizzled to coordinate spatial and temporal responses to Wnts during neuronal development. ..
- Bainbridge T, DeAlmeida V, Izrael Tomasevic A, Chalouni C, Pan B, Goldsmith J, et al. Evolutionary divergence in the catalytic activity of the CAM-1, ROR1 and ROR2 kinase domains. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e102695 pubmed publisher..Based on these data, we conclude that human ROR1 and ROR2 are RTK-like pseudokinases. ..