Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: apr-1
Description: APC Related;Adenomatous polyposis coli protein-related protein 1
Alias: APC Related;Adenomatous polyposis coli protein-related protein 1
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Natarajan L, Witwer N, Eisenmann D. The divergent Caenorhabditis elegans beta-catenin proteins BAR-1, WRM-1 and HMP-2 make distinct protein interactions but retain functional redundancy in vivo. Genetics. 2001;159:159-72 pubmed..elegans, these proteins still retain sufficient similarity to display functional redundancy in vivo. ..
- Gleason J, Korswagen H, Eisenmann D. Activation of Wnt signaling bypasses the requirement for RTK/Ras signaling during C. elegans vulval induction. Genes Dev. 2002;16:1281-90 pubmed..These data suggest that hyperactivation of Wnt signaling is sufficient to cause VPCs to adopt induced fates and that a canonical Wnt pathway may play an important role during C. elegans vulval induction. ..
- Mizumoto K, Sawa H. Cortical beta-catenin and APC regulate asymmetric nuclear beta-catenin localization during asymmetric cell division in C. elegans. Dev Cell. 2007;12:287-99 pubmed..Because beta-catenin and APC are localized to the cortex in many cell types in different species, our results suggest that these cortical proteins may regulate asymmetric divisions or Wnt signaling in other organisms as well. ..
- Cabello J, Neukomm L, Günesdogan U, Burkart K, Charette S, Lochnit G, et al. The Wnt pathway controls cell death engulfment, spindle orientation, and migration through CED-10/Rac. PLoS Biol. 2010;8:e1000297 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that in multiple developmental processes, CED-10/Rac can link polar signals mediated by the Wnt pathway to rearrangements of the cytoskeleton. ..
- Oosterveen T, Coudreuse D, Yang P, Fraser E, Bergsma J, Dale T, et al. Two functionally distinct Axin-like proteins regulate canonical Wnt signaling in C. elegans. Dev Biol. 2007;308:438-48 pubmed..We conclude that Axin function in C. elegans is divided over two different Axin orthologs that have specific functions in negatively regulating canonical Wnt signaling. ..