Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: apa-2
Description: AP-2 complex subunit alpha
Alias: AP-2 complex subunit alpha
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Garafalo S, Luth E, Moss B, Monteiro M, Malkin E, Juo P. The AP2 clathrin adaptor protein complex regulates the abundance of GLR-1 glutamate receptors in the ventral nerve cord of Caenorhabditis elegans. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:1887-900 pubmed publisher..This study reveals a novel role for the AP2 clathrin adaptor in promoting the abundance of GluRs at synapses in vivo, and implicates AP2 in the regulation of GluR trafficking at an early step in the secretory pathway. ..
- Kamikura D, Cooper J. Clathrin interaction and subcellular localization of Ce-DAB-1, an adaptor for protein secretion in Caenorhabditis elegans. Traffic. 2006;7:324-36 pubmed
- Lee I, Lehner B, Vavouri T, Shin J, Fraser A, Marcotte E. Predicting genetic modifier loci using functional gene networks. Genome Res. 2010;20:1143-53 pubmed publisher..This work thus suggests that a high-quality integrated human gene network will provide a powerful resource for modifier locus discovery in many different diseases. ..
- Chen D, Jian Y, Liu X, Zhang Y, Liang J, Qi X, et al. Clathrin and AP2 are required for phagocytic receptor-mediated apoptotic cell clearance in Caenorhabditis elegans. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003517 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a non-classical role of clathrin and AP2 and establish them as indispensable regulators in phagocytic receptor-mediated apoptotic cell clearance...
- Hollopeter G, Lange J, Zhang Y, Vu T, Gu M, Ailion M, et al. The membrane-associated proteins FCHo and SGIP are allosteric activators of the AP2 clathrin adaptor complex. elife. 2014;3: pubmed publisher..Thus, these proteins stabilize nascent endocytic pits by exposing membrane and cargo binding sites on AP2. ..