Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: akt-1
Description: Serine/threonine-protein kinase akt-1
Alias: Serine/threonine-protein kinase akt-1
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Zhang Y, Xu J, Puscau C, Kim Y, Wang X, Alam H, et al. Caenorhabditis elegans EAK-3 inhibits dauer arrest via nonautonomous regulation of nuclear DAF-16/FoxO activity. Dev Biol. 2008;315:290-302 pubmed publisher..Similar hormonal pathways may regulate FoxO target gene expression in mammals. ..
- Adachi T, Kunitomo H, Tomioka M, Ohno H, Okochi Y, Mori I, et al. Reversal of salt preference is directed by the insulin/PI3K and Gq/PKC signaling in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics. 2010;186:1309-19 pubmed publisher..A putative salt receptor GCY-22 guanylyl cyclase is required in ASER for both salt attraction and avoidance. Our results suggest that ASEL and ASER use distinct molecular mechanisms to regulate salt chemotaxis plasticity. ..
- Paradis S, Ruvkun G. Caenorhabditis elegans Akt/PKB transduces insulin receptor-like signals from AGE-1 PI3 kinase to the DAF-16 transcription factor. Genes Dev. 1998;12:2488-98 pubmed..This demonstrates that Akt/PKB activity is not necessarily dependent on AGE-1 PI3K activity. akt-1 and akt-2 are expressed in overlapping patterns in the nervous system and in tissues that are remodeled during dauer formation. ..
- Padmanabhan S, Mukhopadhyay A, Narasimhan S, Tesz G, Czech M, Tissenbaum H. A PP2A regulatory subunit regulates C. elegans insulin/IGF-1 signaling by modulating AKT-1 phosphorylation. Cell. 2009;136:939-51 pubmed publisher..This study reveals a conserved role for the B56 regulatory subunit in regulating insulin signaling through AKT dephosphorylation, thereby having widespread implications in cancer and diabetes research. ..
- Artal Sanz M, Tavernarakis N. Prohibitin couples diapause signalling to mitochondrial metabolism during ageing in C. elegans. Nature. 2009;461:793-7 pubmed publisher..elegans. Prohibitin may have a similar key role in modulating energy metabolism during ageing in mammals. ..
- Shen X, Valencia C, Gao W, Cotten S, Dong B, Huang B, et al. Ca(2+)/Calmodulin-binding proteins from the C. elegans proteome. Cell Calcium. 2008;43:444-56 pubmed..elegans. ..
- Hung W, Hwang C, Gao S, Liao E, Chitturi J, Wang Y, et al. Attenuation of insulin signalling contributes to FSN-1-mediated regulation of synapse development. EMBO J. 2013;32:1745-60 pubmed publisher..We propose that FSN-1 may negatively regulate insulin/IGF signalling, in part, through EGL-3-dependent insulin-like ligand processing. ..
- Quevedo C, Kaplan D, Derry W. AKT-1 regulates DNA-damage-induced germline apoptosis in C. elegans. Curr Biol. 2007;17:286-92 pubmed..Finally, we show that AKT-1 regulates apoptosis but not cell-cycle progression downstream of the HUS-1/MRT-2 branch of the DNA damage checkpoint. ..