Gene Symbol: PestiV1gp1
Species: Bovine viral diarrhea virus 1
- Cardoso N, Franco Mahecha O, Czepluch W, Quintana M, Malacari D, Trotta M, et al. Bovine Viral Diarrhea Virus Infects Monocyte-Derived Bovine Dendritic Cells by an E2-Glycoprotein-Mediated Mechanism and Transiently Impairs Antigen Presentation. Viral Immunol. 2016;29:417-29 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results suggest an important role of infected DCs in BVDV-induced immunopathogenesis. ..
- Colett M, Larson R, Gold C, Strick D, Anderson D, Purchio A. Molecular cloning and nucleotide sequence of the pestivirus bovine viral diarrhea virus. Virology. 1988;165:191-9 pubmed..A single major open reading frame extending the length of the molecule was found in the viral-sense (positive polarity) sequence. This open reading frame was capable of encoding 3988 amino acids, representing 449 kDa of protein...
- Xu J, Mendez E, Caron P, Lin C, Murcko M, Collett M, et al. Bovine viral diarrhea virus NS3 serine proteinase: polyprotein cleavage sites, cofactor requirements, and molecular model of an enzyme essential for pestivirus replication. J Virol. 1997;71:5312-22 pubmed..Finally, using a full-length functional BVDV cDNA clone, we demonstrate that a catalytically active NS3 serine proteinase is essential for pestivirus replication...
- Kameyama K, Sakoda Y, Matsuno K, Ito A, Tajima M, Nakamura S, et al. Cleavage of the NS2-3 protein in the cells of cattle persistently infected with non-cytopathogenic bovine viral diarrhea virus. Microbiol Immunol. 2008;52:277-82 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, NS3 proteins were detected in many tissues of PI cattle, such as lymphoid tissue, brain, thyroid, lung, and kidney. These results suggest that the NS2-3 protein of ncp BVDV cleaves in vivo. ..
- K mmerer B, Tautz N, Becher P, Thiel H, Meyers G. The genetic basis for cytopathogenicity of pestiviruses. Vet Microbiol. 2000;77:117-28 pubmed..Recent results showed a second way for the development of a cp pestivirus which is based on the introduction of a set of point mutations within the NS2 gene...
- Lattwein E, Klemens O, Schwindt S, Becher P, Tautz N. Pestivirus virion morphogenesis in the absence of uncleaved nonstructural protein 2-3. J Virol. 2012;86:427-37 pubmed publisher..These findings challenge a previously accepted dogma for pestivirus replication and provide new implications for virion morphogenesis of pestiviruses and HCV...
- Jelsma H, Loeffen W, Van Beuningen A, van Rijn P. Preliminary mapping of non-conserved epitopes on envelope glycoprotein E2 of Bovine viral diarrhea virus type 1 and 2. Vet Microbiol. 2013;166:195-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, the antigenic resemblance with envelope glycoprotein E2 of Classical swine fever virus is discussed. ..
- Jefferson M, Donaszi Ivanov A, Pollen S, Dalmay T, Saalbach G, Powell P. Host factors that interact with the pestivirus N-terminal protease, Npro, are components of the ribonucleoprotein complex. J Virol. 2014;88:10340-53 pubmed publisher..A proviral role to subvert RNA silencing through binding of these host RNP proteins was not identified for this viral suppressor of interferon. ..
- Tautz N, Elbers K, Stoll D, Meyers G, Thiel H. Serine protease of pestiviruses: determination of cleavage sites. J Virol. 1997;71:5415-22 pubmed..It is therefore assumed that the cleavage sites determined for BVDV CP7 are representative of those for all pestiviruses...
- Ostachuk A. Bovine viral diarrhea virus structural protein E2 as a complement regulatory protein. Arch Virol. 2016;161:1769-82 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, it is postulated that E2 acts as a self-associated molecular pattern (SAMP), enabling the virus to avoid being targeted by the immune system and to be recognized as self. ..