Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: bmpA
Description: hypothetical protein
Species: Borrelia burgdorferi B31
- Conservation of gene arrangement and an unusual organization of rRNA genes in the linear chromosomes of the Lyme disease spirochaetes Borrelia burgdorferi, B. garinii and B. afzeliiC Ojaimi
Russell Grimwade School of Biochemistry, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Microbiology 140:2931-40. 1994..garinii and B. afzelii chromosomes that encodes rRNA revealed that each chromosome contains one copy of rrs separated by 5 kbp from two copies each of rrl and rrf (encoding 5S rRNA). (ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Cloning and DNA sequence analysis of bmpC, a gene encoding a potential membrane lipoprotein of Borrelia burgdorferiL Aron
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, New York Medical College, Valhalla 10595
FEMS Microbiol Lett 123:75-82. 1994..contains a signal peptidase II sequence, and is also homologous to the gene products of the recently described bmpA and bmpB of B. burgdorferi. This gene has been designated bmpC...
- Nucleotide sequence and analysis of the gene in Borrelia burgdorferi encoding the immunogenic P39 antigenW J Simpson
Rocky Mountain Laboratories, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Hamilton, MT 59840
FEMS Microbiol Lett 119:381-7. 1994..These two open reading frames were designated bmpA for the gene encoding P39 and bmpB for the gene encoding the putative protein ORF2 encoded by the second open ..
- Identification and mapping of a chromosomal gene cluster of Borrelia burgdorferi containing genes expressed in vivoL Aron
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, New York Medical College, Valhalla 10595, USA
FEMS Microbiol Lett 145:309-14. 1996..encodes six proteins: three previously described immunodominant lipoproteins of the 39 kDa Bmp protein family, BmpA, BmpB and BmpC; a 51 kDa MgtE magnesium transporter protein; a 16 kDa protein kinase C inhibitor; and a 56 kDa ..
- Analysis of the bmp gene family in Borrelia burgdorferi sensu latoV Y Gorbacheva
Departments of Microbiology and Immunology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York 10595, USA
J Bacteriol 182:2037-42. 2000b>BmpA, BmpB, BmpC, and BmpD are homologous Borrelia burgdorferi lipoproteins of unknown functions, encoded by the bmp genes of paralogous chromosomal gene family 36...
- Two independent transcriptional units control the complex and simultaneous expression of the bmp paralogous chromosomal gene family in Borrelia burgdorferiE Y Dobrikova
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, New York Medical College, Basic Science Building, Valhalla, NY 10595 1690, USA
Mol Microbiol 39:370-8. 2001..The second unit includes bmpC, bmpA and bmpB...
- Borrelia burgdorferi lipoprotein BmpA activates pro-inflammatory responses in human synovial cells through a protein moietyXiuli Yang
Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
Microbes Infect 10:1300-8. 2008..Compared to the wild type B. burgdorferi, an isogenic bmpA/B mutant induced significantly lower levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines TNF-alpha and IL-1beta in cultured human ..
- BmpA is a surface-exposed outer-membrane protein of Borrelia burgdorferiAnton V Bryksin
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
FEMS Microbiol Lett 309:77-83. 2010b>BmpA is an immunodominant protein of Borrelia burgdorferi as well as an arthritogenic factor...