Gene Symbol: kcnq1
Description: potassium voltage-gated channel, KQT-like subfamily, member 1
Alias: KvLQT-1, kcnq1-A, kv7.1, xkvlqt1, IKs producing slow voltage-gated potassium channel subunit alpha xKvLQT1, KQT-like 1, potassium voltage-gated channel subfamily KQT member 1, voltage-gated potassium channel subunit Kv7.1
Species: african clawed frog
- Coassembly of K(V)LQT1 and minK (IsK) proteins to form cardiac I(Ks) potassium channelM C Sanguinetti
Department of Medicine, Cardiology Division, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84112, USA
Nature 384:80-3. 1996..Coexpression of K(V)LQT1 with minK induced a current that was almost identical to cardiac I(Ks). Therefore, K(V)LQT1 is the subunit that coassembles with minK to form I(Ks) channels and I(Ks) dysfunction is a cause of cardiac arrhythmia...
- S1 constrains S4 in the voltage sensor domain of Kv7.1 K+ channelsYoni Haitin
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Sackler Medical School, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
PLoS ONE 3:e1935. 2008..These constraints provide a ground for cooperative subunit interactions and suggest a key role of the S1 segment in steering S4 motion during Kv7.1 gating...
- KCNQ1 and KCNE1 K+ channel components are involved in early left-right patterning in Xenopus laevis embryosJunji Morokuma
Center for Regenerative and Developmental Biology, Forsyth Institute, Developmental Biology Department, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell Physiol Biochem 21:357-72. 2008..Here, we characterize a new component of the early bioelectrical circuit: the potassium channel KCNQ1 and its accessory subunit KCNE1...
- Long QT syndrome-associated mutations in KCNQ1 and KCNE1 subunits disrupt normal endosomal recycling of IKs channelsGuiscard Seebohm
Department of Physiology I, University of Tuebingen, Germany
Circ Res 103:1451-7. 2008..Mutations in I(Ks) channel alpha (KCNQ1, KvLQT1, Kv7...
- Discovery of a novel activator of KCNQ1-KCNE1 K channel complexesKaren Mruk
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e4236. 2009b>KCNQ1 voltage-gated K(+) channels (Kv7.1) associate with the family of five KCNE peptides to form complexes with diverse gating properties and pharmacological sensitivities...
- AMP-activated protein kinase inhibits KCNQ1 channels through regulation of the ubiquitin ligase Nedd4-2 in renal epithelial cellsRodrigo Alzamora
Renal Electrolyte Division, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 299:F1308-19. 2010The KCNQ1 K(+) channel plays a key role in the regulation of several physiological functions, including cardiac excitability, cardiovascular tone, and body electrolyte homeostasis...