Gene Symbol: AAV2gp06
Description: major coat protein VP2
Alias: assembly activating protein AAP
Species: Adeno-associated virus - 2
- Nuclear translocation of adeno-associated virus type 2 capsid proteins for virion assemblyRuth Popa-Wagner
German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Research Program Infection and Cancer, Im Neuenheimer Feld 242, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Gen Virol 93:1887-98. 2012..BR4 and BR5 play a crucial role in capsid assembly but have no NLS activity...
- Impact of VP1-specific protein sequence motifs on adeno-associated virus type 2 intracellular trafficking and nuclear entryRuth Popa-Wagner
Divisions of Tumorvirology, German Cancer Research Center, INF 280, and Bioquant Center, INF 267, Heidelberg, Germany
J Virol 86:9163-74. 2012....
- Mutations in the carboxy terminus of adeno-associated virus 2 capsid proteins affect viral infectivity: lack of an RGD integrin-binding motifM Ruffing
Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Forschungsschwerpunkt Angewandte Tumorvirologie, Heidelberg, Germany
J Gen Virol 75:3385-92. 1994..This shows that the newly established C-terminal sequence of the AAV capsid proteins plays an important role in viral assembly...
- Adeno-associated virus type 2 capsids with externalized VP1/VP2 trafficking domains are generated prior to passage through the cytoplasm and are maintained until uncoating occurs in the nucleusFlorian Sonntag
German Cancer Research Center, Infection and Cancer, Im Neuenheimer Feld 242, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Virol 80:11040-54. 2006..Microinjection of several capsid-specific antibodies into the cell nucleus blocked AAV2 infection completely, supporting the conclusion that AAV2 capsids bring the infectious genome into the nucleus...
- Surface-exposed adeno-associated virus Vp1-NLS capsid fusion protein rescues infectivity of noninfectious wild-type Vp2/Vp3 and Vp3-only capsids but not that of fivefold pore mutant virionsJoshua C Grieger
Gene Therapy Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 7119 Thurston Bowles, CB 7352, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7352, USA
J Virol 81:7833-43. 2007....