- Impact of varicocelectomy on gonadal and erectile functions in men with hypogonadism and infertility
Department of Andrology, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
J Sex Med 8:885-93. 2011
..Previous reports linked varicocele in infertile males with Leydig cell dysfunction and hypogonadism...
- Clinical parameters that predict successful outcome in men with premature ejaculation and inflammatory prostatitis
Andrology Department, Cairo University, 17 Anas Ibn Malek street, El Mohandessin 12411, Giza, Egypt
J Sex Med 6:3139-46. 2009
..Premature ejaculation (PE) is the most common sexual problem, and chronic prostatitis is an important cause of PE...
- Freezing and crushing technique: a new concept for the extraction of testicular spermatozoa from men with nonobstructive azoospermia
Andrology Department, Samir Abbas Medical Center, Al Khobar, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Fertil Steril 91:653-5. 2009
..The sperm recovery rate was found to be 21/30 (70%) in the FC fractions compared with 8/30 (26.6%) in the mincing fractions...
- Androgen deficiency and abnormal penile duplex parameters in obese men with erectile dysfunction
University of Cairo, Department of Andrology, Cairo, Egypt
J Sex Med 4:797-808. 2007
..However, the impact of hypogonadism associated with obesity on penile hemodynamics is not well investigated...
- Semen parameters in men with spinal cord injury: changes and aetiology
Mohamed N Momen
Andrology Department, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Asian J Androl 9:684-9. 2007
..To assess the changes in semen parameters in men with spinal cord injury (SCI) and the possible causes of these changes...
- Seminal plasma anti-Müllerian hormone level correlates with semen parameters but does not predict success of testicular sperm extraction (TESE)
Andrology and Sexology Deptment, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Cairo 11553, Egypt
Asian J Androl 9:265-70. 2007
..To assess seminal plasma anti-Müllerian hormone (AMH) level relationships in fertile and infertile males...
- Intracavernous sodium nitroprusside (SNP) versus papaverine/phentolamine in erectile dysfunction: a comparative study of short-term efficacy and side-effects
Department of Andrology Sexology and STDs, Cairo University, Egypt
J Sex Med 2:117-20. 2005
..The aim of our work is to evaluate the efficacy of intracavernous sodium nitroprusside (SNP) in management of erectile dysfunction (ED) in a clinical comparative study with papaverine/phentolamine in ED patients...
- Beta-endorphin in serum and seminal plasma in infertile men
Andrology Department, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Cairo 12311, Egypt
Asian J Androl 8:709-12. 2006
..470, P = 0.899). CONCLUSION: The estimation of beta-endorphin alone is not conclusive to evaluate male reproduction as there are many other opiates acting at the hypothalamic pituitary gonadal axis...
- Evaluation of prostatic massage in treatment of chronic prostatitis
Department of Andrology, Sexology, and Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Cairo University Hospital, Cairo, Egypt
Urology 67:674-8. 2006
..Patients with National Institutes of Health class II prostatitis should be primarily treated with culture-sensitive antibiotics. Treatment of nonbacterial prostatitis is challenging and requires additional extensive research...
- Intracavernosal irrigation by cold saline as a simple method of treating iatrogenic prolonged erection
Department of Andrology Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
J Sex Med 2:248-53. 2005
..CONCLUSION: We recommend corporal aspiration and irrigation with 10 degrees C saline for patients with prolonged penile erection who failed to respond to the noninvasive measures using ice-cold compresses and physical exercise...