- [Reliability and validity of ULS-8 loneliness scale in elderly samples in a rural community]
Department of Social Medicine and Health Management, School of Public Health, Central South University, Changsha 410078, China
Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 37:1124-8. 2012
..To explore the reliability and validity of the short-form of the UCLA loneliness scale (ULS-8) among Chinese rural community-dwelling elderly...
- Epidemiology of alcohol use in rural men in two provinces of China
School of Public Health, Central South University, 110 Xiangya Road, Changsha, Hunan, China
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 72:333-40. 2011
..The objectives of this study were to examine the sociodemographic patterning of alcohol consumption and to explore the relationship between (a) heavy drinking and frequent acute intoxication and (b) type of alcohol consumed...
- Epidemiology of alcohol abuse and dependence in rural chinese men
Public Health School, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, China
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 33:1770-6. 2009
..Several national and regional epidemiological studies in China have reported increases in the prevalence of alcohol use disorders over the past 3 decades...
- Gender differences in prevalence and correlates of antisocial personality disorder among heroin dependent users in compulsory isolation treatment in China
Department of Social Medicine, School of Public Health, Central South University, Changsha, China Mental health Institute, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, China
Addict Behav 39:573-9. 2014
..Little is known about gender difference in correlates of antisocial personality disorder (ASPD) among drug users...
- A social epidemiological study on HIV/AIDS in a village of Henan Province, China
The Third Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, China
AIDS Care 25:302-8. 2013
..It is concluded that commercial blood donation and HIV/AIDS epidemic in the village are symbiotically related. The epidemic is temporary and socially determined...
- Village doctor-assisted case management of rural patients with schizophrenia: protocol for a cluster randomized control trial
School of Public Health, Central South University, 110 Xiangya Road, Changsha 410078, Hunan, China
Implement Sci 9:13. 2014
..We hypothesize that with the necessary training and proper oversight, village doctors can significantly improve drug compliance of villagers with schizophrenia...
- [Mental disorder and suicide among youths in rural China: a case control study based on consecutive samples from Hunan, Liaoning and Shandong provinces]
School of Public Health, Shandong University, Jinan 250012, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 33:588-92. 2012
..To study the prevalence of mental disorders among the Chinese youths aged 15 - 34 years, in rural areas and to identify risk factors related to suicide...
- Perceived interpersonal pressure and drinking behavior in South China
School of Public Health, Central South University, Hunan, China
Drug Alcohol Depend 130:122-8. 2013
..This study is designed to evaluate the reliability and validity of a measurement on perceived interpersonal pressure and to examine the relationship between perceived interpersonal pressure and drinking behavior...