- Household and living arrangement projections at the subnational level: an extended cohort-component approach
Center for the Study of Aging and Human Development and Geriatric Division of Medical School, Population Research Institute, Duke University, Box 3003, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Demography 50:827-52. 2013
..Finally, the limitations of the present study and potential future lines of research are discussed...
- Health consequences of familial longevity influence among the Chinese elderly
Center for Study of Aging and Human Development, School of Medicine, Duke University, PO Box 3003, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 68:473-82. 2013
..Yet, there are few extant studies that inform this topic; this study expands this literature...
- Associations of environmental factors with elderly health and mortality in China
Correspondence can be sent to Prof Yi Zeng, Center for the Study of Aging and Human Development, Box 3003, Duke University, Durham, NC 27710 Reprints can be ordered at http www ajph org by clicking the Reprints Eprints link
Am J Public Health 100:298-305. 2010
..We examined the effects of community socioeconomic conditions, air pollution, and the physical environment on elderly health and survival in China...
- [Main dimensions of health status among the Chinese elderly]
China Center for Economic Research, National School of Development, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi 44:108-14. 2010
..To analyze the dimensions of health status among the Chinese elderly...
- Effects of FOXO genotypes on longevity: a biodemographic analysis
Center for the Study of Aging and Human Development, Medical School of Duke University, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 65:1285-99. 2010
..05); G × E interactions between FOXO1A-209 and regular exercise increase survival likelihood by 31%-32% (p < .05)...
- Interactions between life stress factors and carrying the APOE4 allele adversely impact self-reported health in old adults
Center for the Study of Aging and Human Development, School of Medicine, Duke University, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 66:1054-61. 2011
..Further studies with richer biomarkers are warranted for deeper understanding of the biological mechanisms...
- Common genetic variants of the β2-adrenergic receptor affect its translational efficiency and are associated with human longevity
Department of Human Population Genetics, Institute of Molecular Medicine, Peking University, 5 Yiheyuan Road, Beijing, 100871, China
Aging Cell 11:1094-101. 2012
..002) in transfected HEK293 cells. Thus, our data indicate that enhanced production of β2-adrenergic receptors caused by genetic variants is inversely associated with human lifespan...
- Genetic association of FOXO1A and FOXO3A with longevity trait in Han Chinese populations
Department of Human Population Genetics, Institute of Molecular Medicine, Peking University, Beijing, China
Hum Mol Genet 18:4897-904. 2009
..Thus, we demonstrate that, unlike FOXO3A, FOXO1A is more closely associated with human female longevity, suggesting that the genetic contribution to longevity trait may be affected by genders...
- A new method for correcting under-estimation of disabled life expectancy and an application to the Chinese oldest-old
Center for Demographic Studies, Department of Sociology, Duke University, Campus Drive, Box 90408, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Demography 41:335-61. 2004
- Resilience significantly contributes to exceptional longevity
Center for the Study of Aging and Human Development and Geriatric Division of Medical School, Duke University, Box 3003, Room 1506, BUSSE Building, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Curr Gerontol Geriatr Res 2010:525693. 2010
..These findings indicate that policies and programs to promote resilience would have long-term and positive effects on the well-being and longevity for senior citizens and their families...