- Extended peginterferon plus ribavirin treatment for 72 weeks versus standard peginterferon plus ribavirin treatment for 48 weeks in chronic hepatitis C genotype 1 infected slow-responder adult patients
Lior H Katz
Hepatology and Nutrition Department, MD Anderdson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 9:CD008516. 2012
..However, the number of patients demonstrating a sustained virological response is not high. In order to improve sustained virological response, extending the length of the treatment period has been suggested...
- Mass antibiotic treatment to stop an outbreak of meningococcal disease: a molecular analysis
L H Katz
Medical Corps, Israel Defense Forces, Aviv, Israel
Clin Microbiol Infect 13:943-6. 2007
..Mass antibiotic prophylaxis initially suppressed meningococcal carriage, but the carriage rate subsequently rebounded...
- Lamivudine prevents reactivation of hepatitis B and reduces mortality in immunosuppressed patients: systematic review and meta-analysis
L H Katz
Department of Medicine D and Liver Institute, Beilinson Campus, Rabin Medical Center, Petah Tiqva, Israel
J Viral Hepat 15:89-102. 2008
..Lamivudine should be administered prophylactically to HBsAg-positive patients who are about to receive immunosuppressive therapy...
- Long-term Parkinson's disease--time for optimism
Department of Neurology, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqwa, Israel
Biomed Pharmacother 62:233-5. 2008
..In conclusion, PD has a chronic progressive course, although most patients do not reach end-stage disease. The effect of L-dopa treatment decreases over time, but is not lost completely...
- Handedness as a predictor of side of onset of Parkinson's disease
Department of Neurology, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqwa 49100, Israel
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 14:633-5. 2008
..06]. In conclusion, Parkinson's disease appears to be characterized by asymmetry of symptoms. There was a trend toward symptoms onset on the dominant side...
- Prevention of recurrent hepatitis B virus infection after liver transplantation: hepatitis B immunoglobulin, antiviral drugs, or both? Systematic review and meta-analysis
L H Katz
Liver Institute, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Hospital, Petach Tikva, Israel
Transpl Infect Dis 12:292-308. 2010
..To evaluate antiviral prophylaxis against hepatitis B virus (HBV) following liver transplantation...
- Respiratory distress: an unrecognized non-motor phenomenon in patients with parkinsonism
Department of Neurology, Movement Disorders Clinic, Rabin Medical Center, 49100 Petach Tikva, Israel
J Neural Transm 119:73-6. 2012
..Dyspnea and respiratory distress should be included among the non-motor symptoms of parkinsonism...
- Placental mesenchymal stromal cells induced into neurotrophic factor-producing cells protect neuronal cells from hypoxia and oxidative stress
Department of Neurology, Hospital for Women, Rabin Medical Center, Petah Tiqwa 49100, Israel
Cytotherapy 14:45-55. 2012
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the capacity of induced placental MSC to differentiate into neurotrophic factor-producing cells (NTF) and their protective effect on neuronal cells...
- The effect of duloxetine on primary pain symptoms in Parkinson disease
Department of Neurology, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Hospital, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Clin Neuropharmacol 30:201-5. 2007
..To study the effect of duloxetine (Cymbalta), a selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor, on pain symptoms in Parkinson Disease (PD)...