- Two unusual cases of toxic epidermal necrolysis
Dermatology Unit, Greenlane Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
Australas J Dermatol 43:35-8. 2002
..She developed septicaemia following bilateral pneumonia with pleural effusions and died 7 days after admission...
- Subcutaneous panniculitic T-cell lymphoma and cytophagic histiocytic panniculitis
Department of Dermatology, Waikato Hospital, Hamilton and Dermatology Unit, Greenlane Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
Australas J Dermatol 42:183-7. 2001
..Biopsy of these areas revealed lobular panniculitis, lymphocytic infiltrate without cytological atypia, abundant lipophages and fibrosis and sclerosis consistent with a healing response. He remains well 24 months following chemotherapy...
- Occupational contact urticaria from the solid-phase peptide synthesis coupling agents HATU and HBTU
Department of Dermatology, Leeds General Infirmary, Great George Street, Leeds LS1 3EX, UK
Contact Dermatitis 49:108-9. 2003
- Allergic contact dermatitis from the epoxy resin plasticizer diglycidyl ether of propylene glycol
Department of Dermatology, Leeds General Infirmary, Great George Street, Leeds LSI 3EX, UK
Contact Dermatitis 49:109-10. 2003
- Flushing due to solitary cutaneous mastocytoma can be prevented by hydrocolloid dressings
Leeds General Infirmary, Great George Street, Leeds, England
Pediatr Dermatol 21:262-4. 2004
..This treatment may be used alone or in conjunction with conventional therapy where there has been a failure to achieve complete control of flushing and/or blistering...
- Streptococcus induced pustular vasculitis affecting the hands resembling pustular vasculitis of the hands--first reported case
Department of Dermatology, Leeds General Infirmary, Great George Street, Leeds, LS1 3EX, UK
Clin Exp Dermatol 30:366-8. 2005
..We report the case of a 66-year-old woman who presented with clinical appearances resembling pustular vasculitis of the hands associated with palmo-plantar pustulosis due to Streptococcus-induced 'pustular vasculitis'...
- A comparative study of a 595-nm with a 585-nm pulsed dye laser in refractory port wine stains
Dermatology Department, Leeds General Infirmary, Great George Street, Leeds, LS1 3EX, UK
Br J Dermatol 153:601-6. 2005
..There are few studies comparing the efficacy of standard PDL treatments for refractory PWS with the wider choice of treatment variables available from newer PDL machines...
- Blastic plasmacytoid dendritic cell neoplasm
Department of Dermatology, Waikato Hospital, Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
Australas J Dermatol 54:e43-5. 2013
..We report a case of a 79-year old man who had 6 months of progressive, asymptomatic BPDCN manifestations limited to the skin, before developing a leukaemic phase...
- A puzzling case: SCC or not?
Department of Dermatology, Waikato Hospital, Pembroke St, Hamilton, New Zealand
Australas J Dermatol 54:e74-7. 2013
..Blood was sent for DNA analysis. Twelve months later, mutations of the TGFBR1 gene were demonstrated in 18 families (67 individuals) with Ferguson-Smith disease; among whom our patient and her mother were family 11. ..
- A can of red herrings
Department of Rheumatology, Waikato Hospital, Hamilton, New Zealand
Int J Rheum Dis 13:e46-50. 2010
..This case illustrates the evolving nature of this disease and its characteristics at different stages leading to the challenge of an accurate diagnosis in the setting of a paraneoplastic polyarthritis...
- Improvement in digital flexibility and dexterity following ingestion of sildenafil citrate (viagra) in limited systemic sclerosis
Department of Dermatology and Rheumatology, The Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, England
Arch Dermatol 141:831-3. 2005
- Methotrexate for treatment of atopic dermatitis in children and adolescents
Department of Dermatology, Waikato Hospital, Hamilton, New Zealand
Int J Dermatol 53:1037-41. 2014
..Low-dose methotrexate is becoming established as a second-line treatment for atopic eczema in the adult population, but there has been a paucity of data to support its use for this indication in the pediatric population...
- Prevalence of Staphylococcus aureus and antibiotic resistance in children with atopic dermatitis: a New Zealand experience
Sarah E Hill
Waikato Hospital, Dermatology Department, Hamilton, New Zealand
Australas J Dermatol 52:27-31. 2011
..aureus colonisation correlated to clinical severity, the sensitivity patterns to antibiotics (in particular methicillin-resistant S. aureus, and to identify any demographic or management risk factors...
- An annular lesion on the back
Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, England
Arch Dermatol 139:1209-14. 2003