- Human induced pluripotent stem cells free of vector and transgene sequences
Morgridge Institute for Research, Madison, WI 53707 7365, USA
Science 324:797-801. 2009
..These results demonstrate that reprogramming human somatic cells does not require genomic integration or the continued presence of exogenous reprogramming factors and removes one obstacle to the clinical application of human iPS cells...
- Induced pluripotent stem cell lines derived from human somatic cells
Genome Center of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706 1580, USA
Science 318:1917-20. 2007
- Efficient generation of transgene-free induced pluripotent stem cells from normal and neoplastic bone marrow and cord blood mononuclear cells
Wisconsin National Primate Research Center, University of Wisconsin, 1220 Capitol Court, Madison, WI 53715, USA
Blood 117:e109-19. 2011
..This approach provides an opportunity to explore banked normal and diseased CB and BM samples without the limitations associated with virus-based methods...
- Generation of red blood cells from human induced pluripotent stem cells
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Wisconsin, School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin 53715, USA
Stem Cells Dev 20:1639-47. 2011
..Since RBCs generated from transgene-free hiPSCs lack genomic integration and background expression of reprogramming genes, they would be a preferable cell source for modeling of diseases and for gene function studies...
- A mesoderm-derived precursor for mesenchymal stem and endothelial cells
Maxim A Vodyanik
National Primate Research Center, University of Wisconsin Graduate School, Madison, 53715, USA
Cell Stem Cell 7:718-29. 2010
..Together, these studies identified a common precursor of mesenchymal and endothelial cells, mesenchymoangioblast, as the source of mesoderm-derived MSCs...
- Functional cardiomyocytes derived from human induced pluripotent stem cells
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin, WiCell Research Institute, Madison, WI 53792 3248, USA
Circ Res 104:e30-41. 2009
..We conclude that human iPS cells can differentiate into functional cardiomyocytes, and thus iPS cells are a viable option as an autologous cell source for cardiac repair and a powerful tool for cardiovascular research...
- Protein kinase C mediated extraembryonic endoderm differentiation of human embryonic stem cells
Genome Center of Wisconsin, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI, USA
Stem Cells 30:461-70. 2012
..We further confirmed that this differentiation is through the activation of protein kinase C (PKC) pathway and demonstrated that a particular PKC subtype, PKC-δ, is most responsible for this transition...
- Neural differentiation of human induced pluripotent stem cells follows developmental principles but with variable potency
Bao Yang Hu
Department of Anatomy, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin, Waisman Center, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:4335-40. 2010
..These findings, which show a need for improving differentiation potency of iPSCs, suggest the possibility of employing human iPSCs in pathological studies, therapeutic screening, and autologous cell transplantation...
- Induced pluripotent stem cells from a spinal muscular atrophy patient
Allison D Ebert
The Waisman Center, The Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine Center, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1500 Highland Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
Nature 457:277-80. 2009
..As such, it represents a promising resource to study disease mechanisms, screen new drug compounds and develop new therapies...
- Pluripotent stem cell lines
Genome Center of Wisconsin, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Genes Dev 22:1987-97. 2008
..Here we review the family of pluripotent cell lines derived from early embryos and from germ cells, and compare them with the more recently described induced pluripotent stem cells...
- FGF2 sustains NANOG and switches the outcome of BMP4-induced human embryonic stem cell differentiation
Morgridge Institute for Research, Madison, WI 53715 7365, USA
Cell Stem Cell 8:326-34. 2011
..Together, our results demonstrate that FGF2 signaling switches the outcome of BMP4-induced differentiation of human ESCs by maintaining NANOG levels through the MEK-ERK pathway...
- Human lymphoblastoid B-cell lines reprogrammed to EBV-free induced pluripotent stem cells
Cellular Dynamics International Inc, Madison, WI 53711 1018, USA
Blood 118:1797-800. 2011
..Thus, reprogramming LCLs could offer an unlimited source for patient-specific iPSCs...
- Feeder-independent culture of human embryonic stem cells
Tenneille E Ludwig
Genome Center of Wisconsin, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 425 Henry Mall, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Nat Methods 3:637-46. 2006
- Hematopoietic and endothelial differentiation of human induced pluripotent stem cells
Kyung Dal Choi
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 53715, USA
Stem Cells 27:559-67. 2009
- Human embryonic stem cells reprogram myeloid precursors following cell-cell fusion
Wisconsin National Primate Research Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Stem Cells 24:168-76. 2006
..These results indicate that hESCs are capable of reprogramming nuclei from differentiated cells and that hESC hybrid cells provide a new model system for studying the mechanisms of nuclear reprogramming...