- Safety and toxicological evaluation of a novel, water-soluble undenatured type II collagen
Development Division, Ryusendo Co Ltd, Tokyo, Japan
Toxicol Mech Methods 23:491-9. 2013
..Also, no dose-dependent toxicity was observed. Furthermore, colony sizing showed no clastogenic effects induced by NEXT-II under the experimental conditions. These studies demonstrated the broad spectrum of safety of NEXT-II...
- Trigonelline ameliorates oxidative stress in type 2 diabetic Goto-Kakizaki rats
The United Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Iwate University, Iwate, Japan
J Med Food 16:34-41. 2013
..These results suggested that mitigation of diabetes by TRG is mediated by its ameliorating effects on oxidative stress...
- Anti-obesity effects of onion extract in Zucker diabetic fatty rats
Faculty of Agriculture, Yamagata University, Tsuruoka, Yamagata 997 8555, Japan
Nutrients 4:1518-26. 2012
- Anti-diabetic effects of pumpkin and its components, trigonelline and nicotinic acid, on Goto-Kakizaki rats
Course of the Science of Bioresource, The United Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Iwate University, Morioka, Iwate, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 73:1033-41. 2009
..This suggests that the regulation of these enzyme activities by TRG and NA was closely related to the suppression of both TG accumulation and the progression of diabetes...
- Anti-diabetic effect of trigonelline and nicotinic acid, on KK-A(y) mice
Course on the Science of Bioresource, The United Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Iwate University, 3 18 8 Ueda, Morioka, Iwate 020 8550, Japan
Curr Med Chem 17:2196-202. 2010
- Anti-diabetic effect of pyroglutamic acid in type 2 diabetic Goto-Kakizaki rats and KK-Ay mice
Course of the Science of Bioresource, The United Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Iwate University, Morioka, Iwate 020 8550, Japan
Br J Nutr 106:995-1004. 2011
..From these results, it is suggested that dietary PA beneficially modifies glucose and lipid metabolism in diabetic animals, and can potentially contribute to the mitigation of T2DM...
- Effects of dietary catechins on glucose tolerance, blood pressure and oxidative status in Goto-Kakizaki rats
Department of Bioresource Engineering, Faculty of Agriculture, Yamagata University, Yamagata, Japan
J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo) 53:496-500. 2007
..From these results it is concluded that dietary catechins may be effective in delaying the progression of diabetes and the associated oxidative stress...
- Water-soluble undenatured type II collagen ameliorates collagen-induced arthritis in mice
1 Development Division, Ryusendo Co Ltd, Toshimaku, Tokyo, Japan
J Med Food 16:1039-45. 2013
..These results demonstrated that orally administered water-soluble undenatured C II (NEXT-II) is highly efficacious in the suppression of CIA by inducing CD4+CD25+ Treg cells...
- Hepatoprotective effect of germanium-containing Spirulina in rats with d-galactosamine- and lipopolysaccharide-induced hepatitis
Department of Bioresource Engineering, Faculty of Agriculture, Yamagata University, Yamagata 997 8555, Japan
Br J Nutr 111:135-40. 2014
..These results suggest that GeSP could afford a significant protective effect in the alleviation of GalN/LPS-induced hepatic damage. In addition, the results indicate that GeSP is more effective than SP. ..