- Long term efficacy of laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding--retrospective analysisBaris D Yildiz
Ankara Numune Teaching and Research Hospital 6th General Surgery Clinic, Turkey
Adv Clin Exp Med 21:615-9. 2012..Laparoscopic procedures have emerged over the past decade for treatment of obesity. Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding is the easiest surgical technique for morbid obesity...
- Urgent liver transplantation for Amanita phalloides poisoningBaris Dogu Yildiz
General Surgery, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Transplant 12:105-8. 2008..If not treated, mortality is as high as 80%. Treatment includes supportive measures, inactivation of the toxin and if liver failure occurs liver transplantation. The indications for transplantation are debatable...
- Determinants of postoperative infection after laparoscopic cholecystectomyBaris Yildiz
Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine General Surgery Department, Ankara, Turkey
Hepatogastroenterology 56:589-92. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of antibiotic prophylaxis on the development of infectious complications in laparoscopic cholecystectomy...
- Chronic anemia due to watermelon stomachBaris Yildiz
Department of General Surgery, Hacettepe University, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Ann Saudi Med 30:156-8. 2010..The patient underwent gastrectomy. We reviewed the literature on gastric angiodysplasia and have presented our unique tomography findings in this first report on a novel association between ectopic pancreas and gastric angiodysplasia...
- Olive oil-based fat emulsion versus soy oil-based fat emulsion in abdominal oncologic surgeryPelin Onar
Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Nutrition and Dietetic Department, Ankara, Turkey
Nutr Clin Pract 26:61-5. 2011..In postoperative cancer patients, olive oil-based fat emulsion had similar effects on BMI, body temperature, biochemical values, and thiobutyric acid levels as soy oil-based fat emulsions...