- Prognostic value of preoperative inflammation-based prognostic scores on hospital mortality after gastric cancer surgery
Ankara Numune Teaching Hospital, General Surgery Clinic, Ankara, Turkey E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 15:7909-11. 2014
..Unlike other recent articles on the same topic; we could only verify prognostic value of prognostic nutritional index for in hospital mortality after surgery. ..
- Experimental study on the effects of massive bowel resection on liver function and hepatocyte apoptosis
Department of General Surgery, Ankara Numune Teaching Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 25:674-7. 2014
..Our aim was to investigate the effects of massive bowel resection on hepatocyte apoptosis and liver function in rats...
- Long term efficacy of laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding--retrospective analysis
Baris D Yildiz
Ankara Numune Teaching and Research Hospital 6th General Surgery Clinic, Turkey
Adv Clin Exp Med 21:615-9. 2012
..Laparoscopic procedures have emerged over the past decade for treatment of obesity. Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding is the easiest surgical technique for morbid obesity...
- Urgent liver transplantation for Amanita phalloides poisoning
Baris Dogu Yildiz
General Surgery, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Transplant 12:105-8. 2008
..If not treated, mortality is as high as 80%. Treatment includes supportive measures, inactivation of the toxin and if liver failure occurs liver transplantation. The indications for transplantation are debatable...
- Determinants of postoperative infection after laparoscopic cholecystectomy
Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine General Surgery Department, Ankara, Turkey
Hepatogastroenterology 56:589-92. 2009
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of antibiotic prophylaxis on the development of infectious complications in laparoscopic cholecystectomy...
- Chronic anemia due to watermelon stomach
Department of General Surgery, Hacettepe University, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Ann Saudi Med 30:156-8. 2010
..The patient underwent gastrectomy. We reviewed the literature on gastric angiodysplasia and have presented our unique tomography findings in this first report on a novel association between ectopic pancreas and gastric angiodysplasia...
- Primary liposarcoma of the stomach
Ankara Numune Teaching Hospital, Department of General Surgery, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 24:167-9. 2013
..Here, we report a 59-year-old female with a well-differentiated liposarcoma of the stomach. This is the first case in the literature in which endoscopic ultrasound proved to be a diagnostic tool for gastric liposarcoma. ..
- Olive oil-based fat emulsion versus soy oil-based fat emulsion in abdominal oncologic surgery
Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Nutrition and Dietetic Department, Ankara, Turkey
Nutr Clin Pract 26:61-5. 2011
..In postoperative cancer patients, olive oil-based fat emulsion had similar effects on BMI, body temperature, biochemical values, and thiobutyric acid levels as soy oil-based fat emulsions...