- Comparison of antioxidant and antimicrobial activities of tilia (Tilia argentea Desf ex DC), sage (Salvia triloba l.), and black tea (Camellia sinensis) extracts
Kazim Karabekir Egitim Fakültesi, Ataturk Universitesi, Kimya Egitimi Anabilim Dali 25240 Erzurum, Turkey
J Agric Food Chem 48:5030-4. 2000
..In addition, antimicrobial activities of each of the above extracts were studied by disk diffusion methods on different test microorganisms. None of the extracts showed antibacterial activity on the studied microorganisms...
- Determination of antioxidant and antimicrobial activities of Rumex crispus L. extracts
Kazim Karabekir Egitim Fakültesi, Kimya Egitimi Anabilim Dali, and Fen Edebiyat Fakültesi, Biyoloji Bolumu, Ataturk Universitesi, 25240 Erzurum, Turkey
J Agric Food Chem 49:4083-9. 2001
..However, none of the water extracts showed antimicrobial activity on the studied microorganisms...
- Translation, cultural adaptation, initial reliability, and validation of the Kidney Disease and Quality of Life-Short Form (KDQOL-SF 1.3) in Turkey
Marmara University Health Education Faculty, Kartal Cevizli Istanbul, Turkey
Transplant Proc 39:51-4. 2007
..This study is reporting the complete process of translation and validation of the KDQOL-SF in the literature. These results demonstrate the high reliability and validity of this questionnaire for Turkish patients on dialysis...
- The importance of patient satisfaction and health-related quality of life after renal transplantation
Marmara University, Health Education Faculty, kartal Cevizli, Istanbul, Turkey
Transplant Proc 38:2831-4. 2006
..The Turkish adapted PSQ III 18-item scale has excellent reliability and validity. The measure may be valuable for use in clinical trials or routine patient care...
- Health-related quality of life after kidney transplantation in comparison intermittent hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, and normal controls
Department of Nephrology, Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey
Transplant Proc 38:419-21. 2006
..0001). Transplant renal replacement therapy provides a better QOL compared with other replacement methods...
- Vestibular diuresis in suspected Meniere patients
Gulhane Medical School, Dept of ORL and HNS, 06018 Etlik, Ankara, Turkey
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg 58:119-23. 2004
- The effect of hyperbaric oxygen treatment on oxidative stress in experimental acute necrotizing pancreatitis
Department of Emergency Medicine, Division of Surgery, Gulhane Military Medicine Academy, Gulhane School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Physiol Res 52:111-6. 2003
..The findings of our study suggest that HBO has beneficial effects on the course of acute pancreatitis and this effect may occur through the antioxidant systems...
- The role of prednisolone and epinephrine on gastric tissue and erythrocyte antioxidant status in adrenalectomized rats
Department of Biochemistry, Ataturk University, Medical Faculty, Erzurum, Turkey
J Physiol Pharmacol 58:105-16. 2007
..Thus, the present study provides a physiological regulatory role of adrenal gland in the maintenance of oxidant/antioxidant balance in gastric tissue and erythrocyte...
- Analysis of atmospheric conditions during air pollution episodes in Ankara, Turkey
Department of Meteorology, Istanbul Technical University, Maslak, Istanbul, Turkey
J Air Waste Manag Assoc 51:972-82. 2001
..In addition, the onset of the high air pollution episodes was generally associated with a trend toward negative vorticity at the 850-hPa level...
- Paraoxonase and arylesterase levels in rheumatoid arthritis
Department of Rheumatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Firat, Firat Tip Merkezi, Ic Hastaliklari AD, Romatoloji BD, Elazig, 23119, Turkey
Clin Rheumatol 26:342-8. 2007
..As the decrease in these antioxidants, resulting from increased oxidative stress in RA patients, development of atherosclerosis besides tissue injury seems inevitable...
- Effects of type 2 diabetes mellitus on plasma fatty acid composition and cholesterol content of erythrocyte and leukocyte membranes
Department of Biochemistry, Medical Faculty Ataturk University, 25240, Erzurum, Turkey
Acta Diabetol 43:109-13. 2006
..This situation may cause, at least in part, RBC-WBC function abnormalities and insulin resistance because of inconvenient membrane fluidity...