- Supernumerary ovary on sigmoid colon resembling an endometriotic lesion
Cumhuriyet University, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sivas, Turkey
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 32:613-4. 2006
..After excision, histopathologic study revealed endometrioma for the ovarian cyst and a supernumerary ovary for the cystic mass on the sigmoid colon...
- A prospective case-control study analyzes 12 thrombophilic gene mutations in Turkish couples with recurrent pregnancy loss
Gonca Imir Yenicesu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cumhuriyet University School of Medicine, Sivas, Turkey
Am J Reprod Immunol 63:126-36. 2010
..The contribution of specific thrombophilic genes to the pathophysiology of RPL has remained controversial. We evaluated the prevalences of 12 thrombophilic gene mutations among homogenous Caucasian couples with RPL and fertiles...
- Frequencies of micronuclei (MNi), nucleoplasmic bridges (NPBs), and nuclear buds (NBUDs) in farmers exposed to pesticides in Çanakkale, Turkey
Canakkale Onsekiz Mart University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Medical Biology, Terzioglu Campus, 17100, Canakkale, Turkey
Environ Int 37:93-6. 2011
..Regarding CBPI, data obtained for the controls were higher than that of the farmers; however, there was no statistically significant difference...
- Evaluation of the cell death pathway and apoptosis-stunning effect relationship after low- and high-dose I-131 administrations in rat thyroid tissue
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Cumhuriyet University, School of Medicine, Sivas, Turkey
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 21:342-51. 2006
- Immunohistochemistry with apoptotic-antiapoptotic proteins (p53, p21, bax, bcl-2), c-kit, telomerase, and metallothionein as a diagnostic aid in benign, borderline, and malignant serous and mucinous ovarian tumors
Department of Pathology, Cumhuriyet University, Faculty of Medicine, Sivas, 58140, Turkey
Diagn Pathol 7:124. 2012
- Evaluation of the p53 tumor suppressor gene mutation in normal rat salivary gland tissue after radioiodine application: an experimental study
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Cumhuriyet University School of Medicine, Sivas, Turkey
Adv Ther 23:456-68. 2006
..We believe that this topic is open to additional in vivo studies...
- Iodine-131 treatment and chromosomal damage: in vivo dose-effect relationship
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Cumhuriyet University School of Medicine, P K 806 Sivas, Turkey
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 31:676-84. 2004
..Further studies are therefore needed to clarify the effect of the negative beta value on the biological dosimetry approach in continuous internal low LET radiation, as in the case of (131)I treatment...
- A frame-shift mutation in the SLC34A2 gene in three patients with pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis in an inbred family
Omer Tamer Dogan
Department of Chest Diseases, Faculty of Medicine, Cumhuriyet University, Sivas, Turkey
Intern Med 49:45-9. 2010
..These findings suggest that impaired activity of the SLC34A2 gene may be responsible for familial PAM...
- [The role of apoptosis and protective effect of carnitine in contralateral testicular injury in experimental unilateral testicular torsion]
Department of Pediatric Surgery Cumhuriyet University, Faculty of Medicine, Sivas, Turkey
Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg 15:529-34. 2009
..We examined the role of programmed cell death (PCD) in the etiology of contralateral testis injury as well as the protective effect of carnitine...
- Association between ApoE4 allele and deep venous thrombosis: a pilot study
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Cumhuriyet University, School of Medicine, Sivas, Turkey
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 17:225-8. 2011
..ApoE gene polymorphisms seem to have some impact among patients with cardiovascular disease; however, association between DVT and ApoE gene polymorphism has not been evaluated...
- SRY and AZF gene variation in male infertility: a cytogenetic and molecular approach
Department of Medical Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Cumhuriyet University, Sivas, 58140, Turkey
Int Urol Nephrol 39:1183-9. 2007
..The aim of this study was to identify the genetic effects of Y chromosome and azoospermia factor (AZF) gene variation in men with infertility and to elucidate the molecular mechanism responsible for the identified point mutation...
- Karyometric analysis of nasal polyps
Department of Otolaryngology, Medicine Faculty of Cumhuriyet University, Sivas, Turkey
Kulak Burun Bogaz Ihtis Derg 16:251-4. 2006
..Nuclear characteristics of epithelial cells in nasal polyps were analyzed...
- In vivo evaluation of the genotoxic effects of clomiphene citrate on rat reticulocytes: a micronucleus genotoxicity
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cumhuriyet University, Faculty of Medicine, Sivas, Turkey
Gynecol Obstet Invest 61:228-31. 2006
..To determine the genotoxic effects of clomiphene citrate (CC) on rat reticulocytesin vivo...
- Subcutaneous undifferentiated sarcoma induced by N'-ethyl-N'-nitrosourea in rat: radiology, histopathology and mutagenesis
Department of Medical Biology and Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Cumhuriyet University, Sivas, Turkey
Exp Toxicol Pathol 55:295-300. 2003
..In conclusion, the activated KRAS oncogene might contribute to the progression of subcutaneous sarcoma in experimentally ENU induced rats due to point mutation...