- Pyrrolidine dithiocarbamate attenuates the development of monocrotaline-induced pulmonary arterial hypertension
Zeynep Kamil Gynaecologic and Pediatric Training and Research Hospital, Department of Paediatric Cardiology, Istanbul, Turkey
Pathol Res Pract 209:302-8. 2013
..In conclusion, PDTC attenuated PAH and protected pulmonary endothelium in rats administered MCT. These findings suggest that PDTC treatment may provide a new effective therapeutic approach in the treatment of PAH...
- The effects of surgical repair on P-wave dispersion in children with secundum atrial septal defect
Department of Paediatrics, Duzce Faculty of Medicine, Duzce, Turkey
Adv Ther 25:795-800. 2008
..The heterogeneity of atrial conduction time may predispose the atria to arrhythmias. The aim of this study was to determine the impact of surgical repair on P-wave indices in children with isolated secundum ASD...
- Long term follow-up results of 139 Turkish children and adolescents with rheumatic heart disease
Department of Paediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Duzce, Konuralp, Duzce, Turkey
Eur J Pediatr 167:1321-6. 2008
..020). In conclusion, the initial severity of valve involvement and the presence of CMAR at initial attack were found to be the best predictors for the severity of chronic rheumatic valvar disease in this study...
- Large pleural effusion necessitates chest tube drainage in a patient with Kawasaki disease
Pediatric Cardiology, Istanbul Medical School, Istanbul, Turkey
J Paediatr Child Health 43:191-2. 2007
..We describe here a patient with complete Kawasaki disease whose initial presentation mimicked a parapneumonic effusion...
- Ultrasonic evaluation of early atherosclerosis in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 15:1131-6. 2002
- [BCG vaccination: where are we now?]
Abant Izzet Baysal University Düzce Medicine Faculty, Pediatrics, Duzce, Turkey
Tuberk Toraks 52:47-51. 2004
..771, p= 0.025). Furthermore, based on some published studies marked regional variation of BCG vaccination status in Turkey was also discussed in this article...
- Changing patterns of hepatitis A and E sero-prevalences in children after the 1999 earthquakes in Duzce, Turkey
Ayse Demet Kaya
Department of Microbiology, Medical Faculty, Duzce University, Konuralp, Duzce, Turkey
J Paediatr Child Health 44:205-7. 2008
..Sero-epidemiological data about both infections showed higher prevalence rates soon after the 1999 earthquakes in Duzce, Turkey. The aim of the present study was to evaluate the data 4 years after the earthquakes...
- The rate of asymptomatic throat carriage of group A Streptococcus in school children and associated ASO titers in Duzce, Turkey
C Elif Ozturk
Department of Microbiology, Abant Izzet Baysal University, Duzce School of Medicine, Duzce 81620, Turkey
Jpn J Infect Dis 57:271-2. 2004
..05). The finding of the significant relationship between ASO positivity and GAS carriage indicated that ASO measurement might be used together with throat culture to identify of GAS carriers...
- Pseudohypoaldosteronism type 1 and respiratory distress syndrome
Department of Pediatrics, Pamukkale University School of Medicine, Denizli, Turkey
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 15:1557-61. 2002
..However, our patient appears to be the second reported human case of both neonatal RDS and PHA-1, and the first description, with increased sweat electrolytes, of a premature baby with systemic PHA-1 and RDS...
- The relationship between iron status and thyroid hormones in adolescents living in an iodine deficient area
Department of Biochemistry, Duzce School of Medicine, Abant Izzet Baysal University, Duzce, Turkey
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 17:1443-9. 2004
..Iron may be only one of many nutritional factors that influence thyroid hormone metabolism in iodine-deficient areas...
- Intestinal parasitic infection in children in post-disaster situations years after earthquake
C Elif Ozturk
Department of Microbiology, Abant Izzet Baysal University, Duzce Medical Faculty, Duzce, Turkey
Pediatr Int 46:656-62. 2004
..This study was conducted to determine the parasitic infection rate associated with the post-earthquake unhealty living conditions and related epidemiological risk factors...
- Cord blood lipoprotein profile after magnesium sulphate treatment in pre-eclamptic patients
Department of Paediatrics, Abant Izzet Baysal University, Duzce School of Medicine, Duzce, Turkey
Acta Paediatr 95:1224-7. 2006
..To determine lipoprotein metabolism alterations in magnesium-exposed neonates of women with pre-eclampsia...
- Factors influencing outcome of inpatient pediatric resuscitation
Department of Pediatrics, Pamukkale University Faculty of Medicine, Denizli, Turkey
Turk J Pediatr 48:313-22. 2006
..We suggest that a positive pupillary light reflex at the onset of CPA and the duration of CPR should be considered as important predictors of survival in children with CPA...
- Varicella complicated by scarlet fever
Department of Pediatrics, Duzce School of Medicine, Abant Izzet Baysal University, Turkey
Indian Pediatr 40:1002-4. 2003
..Streptococcus pyogenes was isolated from the ulcers due to varicella. The present case suggests that scarlet fever may rarely develop following varicella and should be considered in children with complicated varicella...