- Subconjunctival amniotic membrane free graft in rabbit eyes: effects on fibrovascular reaction
Ankara Training and Research Hospital, Department of Ophthalmology, Sukriye Mah, Ulucanlar Cad, no 89, Altindag, Ankara, Turkey Electronic address
J Fr Ophtalmol 37:358-64. 2014
..The purpose of our study is to investigate the effect of subconjunctival amniotic membrane free graft on subconjunctival fibrovascular reaction...
- Late-onset glaucoma-filtrating bleb leak in a penetrating keratoplasty patient: a case report
Ophthalmolgy Clinic, Ministry of Health Ankara Training and Research Hospital, TR06340 Ankara, Turkey
Case Rep Ophthalmol Med 2012:810751. 2012
..However, careful follow-up is required for detecting recurrent leaks and elevated intraocular pressure...
- Repeat penetrating keratoplasty: indications and prognosis, 1995-2005
Department of Ophthalmology, Ankara Training and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Ophthalmol 19:362-8. 2009
..To evaluate the data of penetrating keratoplasty over a 10-year period and to compare indications and outcomes of eyes undergoing single graft with those of eyes requiring regrafting...
- Post-traumatic cilia remaining inert in the anterior chamber for 50 years: a case report
Private Practice, Ataturk Blv, 1235 Sk No 1A Umut Eye Center, Aksaray, TR68100, Turkey
J Med Case Reports 5:527. 2011
- Primary and secondary implantation of scleral-fixated posterior chamber intraocular lenses in adult patients
Ophthalmology Department, Ankara Training and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Middle East Afr J Ophthalmol 21:44-9. 2014
..The purpose of this study is to evaluate and to compare the results of primary and secondary scleral-fixated posterior chamber intraocular lens (PCIOL) implantations in adult patients...
- Reducing the histopathological changes of radioiodine to the lacrimal glands by a popular anti-oxidant: lycopene
Damla Erginturk Acar
Department of Ophthalmology, Ministry of Health, Zekai Tahir Burak Women s Health Research and Education Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Curr Eye Res 39:659-65. 2014
..Lycopene is an anti-oxidant, which is plentiful in red fruits. The purpose of this study was to investigate the possible inhibitory effect of lycopene on the RAI-induced acute histopathological changes in rat lacrimal glands...
- The effect of short-term vitamin E against radioiodine-induced early lacrimal gland damage
Department of Ophthalmology, Kastamonu Faculty of Medicine, Hacettepe University, Kazakistan Caddesi 90 7 Emek, 06500, Ankara, Turkey
Ann Nucl Med 27:886-91. 2013
..Vitamin E is a well-known antioxidant vitamin. The aim of this study was to evaluate whether there was a protective effect of short-term vitamin E on RAI-induced lacrimal gland early damage in experimental animal models...
- Role of posterior vitreous detachment on outcome of anti-vascular endothelial growth factor treatment in age-related macular degeneration
Güner Ö Uney
Ministry of Health Ankara Training and Research Hospital, Ophthalmology Clinic, Altindag, Ankara, Turkey
Retina 34:32-7. 2014
..The aim of this study was to determine the effect of posterior vitreous detachment on outcome of anti-vascular endothelial growth factor injection...
- Scleral-fixated posterior chamber intraocular lens implantation in pediatric and adult patients
Ankara Training and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Semin Ophthalmol 29:39-44. 2014
..To evaluate the results of scleral-fixated posterior chamber intraocular lenses (SFIOL) in pediatric and adult patients...
- Early amniotic membrane transplantation for toxic keratopathy secondary to topical proparacaine abuse: a report of seven cases
Department of Ophthalmology, MH Ankara Training and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Cutan Ocul Toxicol 32:241-7. 2013
..The aim of this study is to evaluate the effect of early amniotic membrane transplantation (AMT) in patients with topical proparacaine-related toxic keratopathy...
- Surgical rehabilitation following ocular chemical injury
Department of Ophthalmology, MH Ankara Training and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey and
Cutan Ocul Toxicol 33:42-8. 2014
..The purpose of this study is to evaluate the management of limbal stem cell deficiency (LSCD) secondary to chemical ocular burns...
- Changes in conjunctival cytology and tear function tests with radioiodine treatment for hyperthyroidism
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Ministry of Health, Ankara Training and Research Hospital, Ulucanlar Street, 06560, Ankara, Turkey
Ann Nucl Med 27:694-9. 2013
..Radioiodine therapy is associated with dry eyes and some side effects are seen especially due to beta rays. In this study, the functional and cytological status of lacrimal glands after RAI therapy was evaluated...
- Bilateral acute depigmentation of the iris: report of 26 new cases and four-year follow-up of two patients
Istanbul University, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology, Istanbul, Turkey
Ophthalmology 116:1552-7, 1557.e1. 2009
..To report new cases of bilateral acute depigmentation of the iris (BADI), a recently described clinical entity, and to report the 4-year follow-up of 2 patients that was published previously...