- A new accurate assay for Coxsackievirus A 16 by fluorescence detection of isothermal RNA amplification
Laboratory Medicine Center, Children s Hospital of Fudan University, Shanghai 201102, China Electronic address
J Virol Methods 193:459-62. 2013
..2%, respectively. These findings indicate that SAT-CA16 is a rapid and reliable method for detecting CA16. ..
- Molecular epidemiology of norovirus infection among children with acute gastroenteritis in Shanghai, China, 2001-2005
Pediatric Institute, Children s Hospital of Fudan University, Shanghai, China
J Med Virol 81:1826-30. 2009
..This study demonstrated the impact of norovirus infection causing acute gastroenteritis in hospitalized children and the importance of vaccination against norovirus diarrhea in Shanghai, China...
- Rotavirus and coxsackievirus infection activated different profiles of toll-like receptors and chemokines in intestinal epithelial cells
Pediatric Institute, Children s Hospital, Fudan University, 183 Fenglin Road, 200032, Shanghai, China
Inflamm Res 58:585-92. 2009
..To understand the inflammatory-immune response in intestinal epithelial cells after infection of rotavirus and coxsackievirus B3...
- Enhancement of mucosal and cellular immune response in mice by vaccination with respiratory syncytial virus DNA encapsulated with transfersome
Pediatric Institute, Children s Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Viral Immunol 21:483-9. 2008
..Immunization with transfersome encapsulated F gene encoding DNA induces mucosal and cellular immune responses in mice that appear to produce protective immunity against respiratory syncytial virus...
- Molecular epidemiology of rotavirus infections among children hospitalized for acute gastroenteritis in Shanghai, China, 2001 through 2005
Pediatric Institute, Children s Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
J Clin Virol 44:58-61. 2009
..Rotavirus is the most common cause of severe diarrhea in children in the world. Knowing the prevalence and genotypes of these infections is important for implementing vaccination programs...
- Expression of Toll-like receptors and their association with cytokine responses in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of children with acute rotavirus diarrhoea
Pediatric Institute, Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Clin Exp Immunol 144:376-81. 2006
..Our results suggest that multiple TLRs may modulate the immune response in the acute phase of rotavirus infection and play a role in the activation of IFN-gamma...
- miR-1247 is correlated with prognosis of pancreatic cancer and inhibits cell proliferation by targeting neuropilins
X Yu No 270, Dong an Road, Xuhui District, Shanghai, 200032, P R China
Curr Mol Med 14:316-27. 2014
..These findings suggest that miR-1247, a novel tumor suppressor, can act as a potential biomarker and therapeutic agent for pancreatic cancer. ..
- Cavin-1 is essential for the tumor-promoting effect of caveolin-1 and enhances its prognostic potency in pancreatic cancer
Pancreatic Cancer Institute, Fudan University Department of Pancreatic and Hepatobiliary Surgery, Fudan University Shanghai Cancer Center Department of Oncology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Oncogene 33:2728-36. 2014
- Profilin 1 potentiates apoptosis induced by staurosporine in cancer cells
Department of Pancreas and Hepatobiliary Surgery, Fudan University Shanghai Cancer Center, Shanghai, 200032, P R China
Curr Mol Med 13:417-28. 2013
..In addition, p53R273H abrogating DNA binding was found to play a major role in the Pfn1- sensitized apoptosis through a transactivation-independent and cytosolic activity...
- Stathmin, interacting with Nf-κB, promotes tumor growth and predicts poor prognosis of pancreatic cancer
No 270, Dong an Road, Xuhui District, Shanghai, 200032, P R China
Curr Mol Med 14:328-39. 2014
- MicroRNA-34b inhibits pancreatic cancer metastasis through repressing Smad3
Department of Pancreatic and Hepatobiliary Surgery, Department of Oncology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Curr Mol Med 13:467-78. 2013
..Our findings indicate that miR-34b acts as a tumor metastasis suppressor through negatively modulating Smad3, which may provide a potential therapeutic strategy for pancreatic cancer...
- Octreotide for the treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus: clinical effects and an in vitro study on its therapeutic mechanism
Department of Dermatology, Huashan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Lupus 20:1172-81. 2011
..OCT inhibited PBMC proliferation and PBMC secretion of IL-6, IL-10 and IFN-γ stimulated by GH. Treatment of patients with OCT resulted in clinical improvement in SLE...
- Identification of rice black streaked dwarf virus in different cereal crops with dwarfing symptoms in China
F W Bai
Institute of Genetics, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai, PR China
Acta Virol 45:335-9. 2001
..The phylogenetic analysis indicated that the Chinese isolates that infect rice, maize, wheat and sorghum and cause similar symptoms could represent the same virus species, RBSDV...
- Large dose ketamine inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced acute lung injury in rats
School of Medicine, Nanjing University and Department of Anesthesiology, Jinling Hospital, 305 East Zhongshan Road, Nanjing 210002, China
Inflamm Res 54:133-7. 2005
..Our study was designed to investigate the effect of ketamine on the endotoxin-induced acute lung injury in vivo...
- Assessing facilitative responses to a nurse shrub at the community level: the example of Potentilla fruticosa in a sub-alpine grassland of northwest China
MOE Key Laboratory of Arid and Grassland Ecology, School of Life Science, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou, China
Plant Biol (Stuttg) 12:780-7. 2010
..Assessing interactive responses at the community level is likely to provide a useful tool to better understand the role of biotic interactions in community responses to environmental changes...
- Multidrug resistant gram-negative bacilli as predominant bacteremic pathogens in liver transplant recipients
S H Shi
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Center of Liver Transplantation, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Transpl Infect Dis 11:405-12. 2009
..The aim of this study was to investigate bacteremic incidence, pathogenic spectrum, risk factors for bacteremia due to multidrug resistant (MDR) gram-negative bacilli, and its impact on mortality after LT...
- CT virtual endoscopy of the auditory ossicular chain: clinical applications
Department of CT and MRI, Air Force General Hospital, Beijing 100036, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 114:1015-8. 2001
..To evaluate the clinical applications and limitations of CT virtual endoscopy (CTVE) in the auditory ossicular chain...
- Occult hepatocellular carcinoma: a case report of a special icteric-type hepatoma and literature review
Department of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, Shandong Provincial Hospital, Shandong University School of Medicine, Shandong, China
Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 19:690-3. 2010
..With respect to improving prognosis, a curative resection of primary HCC and tumour thrombi was suggested on the basis of performing an intensive post-operative monitoring for early detection of primary liver lesion...
- High CXC chemokine receptor 4 expression is an adverse prognostic factor in patients with clear-cell renal cell carcinoma
Department of Urology, Zhongshan Hospital, Shanghai Medical College of Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Br J Cancer 110:2261-8. 2014
..The aim of this study was to determine the prognostic value of CXCR4 expression in patients with clear-cell renal cell carcinoma (ccRCC)...
- Kinetics of serological responses in influenza A(H7N9)-infected patients correlate with clinical outcome in China, 2013
Shanghai Public Health Clinical Center and Institutes of Biomedical Sciences, Key Laboratory of Medical Molecular Virology of Ministry of Education Health, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Euro Surveill 18:20657. 2013
..007). Early and rapid induction of Nab was correlated significantly with better clinical outcome...
- Effects and mechanisms of somatostatin analogs on apoptosis of pancreatic acinar cells in acute pancreatitis in mice
Department of Gastroenterology, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai, China
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 16:683-8. 2001
..To investigate the effects of somatostatin analogs (SSa) on apoptosis of pancreatic acinar cells and apoptosis-regulated gene bax, and p53 in treating acute pancreatitis in mice...
- Detection of acute cerebral hemorrhage in rabbits by magnetic induction
College of Biomedical Engineering and Medical Imaging, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China, College of Biomedical Engineering and Medical Imaging, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Braz J Med Biol Res 47:144-50. 2014
..The MIPS was significantly related to the intracranial pressure. This observation suggests that the method could be valuable for detecting early warning signs in emergency medicine and critical care units. ..
- Inhibition of 12/15-lipoxygenase by baicalein induces microglia PPARβ/δ: a potential therapeutic role for CNS autoimmune disease
Shanghai Institute of Immunology, Institutes of Medical Sciences, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Cell Death Dis 4:e569. 2013
..Our findings indicate that inhibition of 12/15-LO induces PPARβ/δ, demonstrating important regulatory properties of 12/15-LO in CNS inflammation. This reveals potential therapeutic applications for MS...
- Modification of the neurotrophin-3 gene promotes cholinergic neuronal differentiation and survival of neural stem cells derived from rat embryonic spinal cord in vitro and in vivo
Department of Orthopaedics, Shanghai Sixth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
J Int Med Res 40:1449-58. 2012
..To investigate the effects of the neurotrophin-3 (NTF3) gene on the survival and differentiation of neural stem cells (NSCs) in vitro and in vivo...
- Association analysis of BANK1 gene with psoriasis in Southern Han Chinese
Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Int J Immunogenet 38:507-12. 2011
..38, 95% CI: 1.05-1.81, P = 0.0203). Overall, our result indicates that polymorphism in BANK1 is associated with susceptibility to psoriasis in Southern Han Chinese...
- [Expression of matrix metalloproteinase-2 in rat pulmonary fibrosis]
Department of Pathology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 30:452-5. 2001
..CONCLUSIONS: Over expression of MMP(2) in pulmonary tissue may be an important factor in the initiation of pulmonary fibrogenesis...
- Self-declared sensitive skin in China: a community-based study in three top metropolises
Department of Dermatology, Huashan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China School of Public Health, Key Lab of Public Health Safety of the Ministry of Education, Fudan University, Shanghai, China Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Beijing, 100730, P R China The Third Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat sen University, Guangzhou, 510630, P R China Pierre Fabre Dermo Cosmetique China, Shanghai, 200001, P R China Public Health and Quality of Life Department, Eau Thermale Avène, France
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 27:370-5. 2013
..To investigate the prevalence and the factors related to the sensitive skin in China...
- Up-regulation of MBD1 promotes pancreatic cancer cell epithelial-mesenchymal transition and invasion by epigenetic down-regulation of E-cadherin
Department of Pancreas and Hepatobiliary Surgery, Fudan University Shanghai Cancer Center, Fudan University, 270 Dong An Road, Shanghai 200032, China
Curr Mol Med 13:387-400. 2013
..Taken together, the results of our study revealed a novel function of MBD1 in PC invasion and metastasis by providing a molecular mechanism underlying MBD1-promoted EMT. Thus MBD1 may serve as a potential therapeutic target for PC...
- The results of surgery for colorectal hepatic metastases following expansion of the indications in 2005
Department of General Surgery, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Colorectal Dis 15:e429-34. 2013
..Safety and survival were investigated in patients treated according to expanded surgical indications for colorectal hepatic metastases...
- [Association between the myeloperoxidase gene polymorphisms and the susceptibility to prostate cancer: a case-control study in a Chinese population]
Department of Urology, Huashan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Actas Urol Esp 37:79-82. 2013
..Our study aimed to evaluate the association between the genetic polymorphisms and the risk of prostate cancer...
- Association study of IFNAR2 and IL10RB genes with the susceptibility and interferon response in HBV infection
Q M Gong
Department of Infectious Diseases, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai, China
J Viral Hepat 16:674-80. 2009
..040). This study suggests that IFNAR2 may play an important role in determining IFN response and clinical phenotypes of HBV infection in the Chinese Han population...
- Phylogenetic analysis of intestinal bacteria in the Chinese mitten crab (Eriocheir sinensis)
Laboratory of Molecular Microbial Ecology and Ecogenomics, College of Life Science and Biotechnology, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, China
J Appl Microbiol 103:675-82. 2007
..To identify the dominant intestinal bacteria in the Chinese mitten crab, and to investigate the differences in the intestinal bacteria between pond-raised and wild crabs...
- An epidemiological survey on neonatal jaundice in China
Department of Pediatrics, Peking Union Hospital, Peking Union Medical College, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100730, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 114:344-7. 2001
..It is suggested that the diagnostic criteria for neonatal hyperbilirubinemia in China should be strict...
- Endoscopic decompression using a transanal drainage tube for acute obstruction of the rectum and left colon as a bridge to curative surgery
Department of Endoscopic center, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University Medical Center, Shanghai, China
Colorectal Dis 11:405-9. 2009
..The aim of this study was to clarify the usefulness of the management of acute left colon and rectum obstruction because of colorectal carcinoma using a transanal ileus drainage tube before curative surgery...
- Selection of phage-display peptides that bind specifically to the outer coat protein of Rice black streaked dwarf virus
F W Bai
Institute of Genetics, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai, PR China
Acta Virol 46:85-90. 2002
..Summing up, as these peptides showed a high specificity and sensitivity and diagnostic potential for RBSDV, they may represent the basis of a novel strategy for development of resistance to RBSDV...
- Effects of ketamine on pulmonary TLR4 expression and NF-kappa-B activation during endotoxemia in rats
Department of Anesthesiology, Jinling Hospital, School of Medicine, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 29:395-9. 2007
..The present study revealed that ketamine could inhibit pulmonary NF-kappa-B activity during endotoxemia in rats, and this antiinflammatory effect possibly acts through suppressing TLR4 expression...
- Mesenchymal stem cell-based angiopoietin-1 gene therapy for acute lung injury induced by lipopolysaccharide in mice
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Zhongshan Hospital, State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, People s Republic of China
J Pathol 214:472-81. 2008
..These results suggest that MSCs and Ang1 have a synergistic role in the treatment of LPS-induced lung injury. MSC-based Ang1 gene therapy may be developed as a potential novel strategy for the treatment of acute lung injury...
- Influence of hydroxyethyl starch 130/0.4 in pulmonary neutrophil recruitment and acute lung injury during polymicrobial sepsis in rats
Department of Anesthesiology, Jinling Hospital, School of Medicine, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 50:1081-8. 2006
..This study was designed to explore the effects of hydroxyethyl starch (HES) 130/0.4 (a novel plasma substitute) on pulmonary neutrophil recruitment and associated ALI in a rat sepsis model induced by cecal ligation and puncture (CLP)...
- Transgenic studies in rats and mice on the osmotic regulation of vasopressin gene expression
Department of Medicine, Bristol Royal Infirmary, University of Bristol, UK
Exp Physiol 85:211S-222S. 2000
- Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist haplotype associated with prostate cancer risk
Department of Radiation Sciences Oncology, Umea University, Sweden
Br J Cancer 93:493-7. 2005
- Microencapsulating hepatocytes
Department of General Surgery, First Clinical Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
Transplant Proc 37:4589-93. 2005
..Because standardization of the cell microencapsulation procedure has not yet been achieved, we performed hepatocyte microencapsulation using alginate (ALG)-poly-l-lysine (PLL)-ALG (APA) polymer...
- Acetylenic TACE inhibitors. Part 3: Thiomorpholine sulfonamide hydroxamates
J I Levin
Wyeth Research, 401 N Middletown Road, Pearl River, NY 10965, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 16:1605-9. 2006
- Analysis of 16S-23S intergenic spacer regions of the rRNA operons in Tsukamurella pulmonis
J E Moore
Northern Ireland Public Health Laboratory, Department of Bacteriology, Belfast City Hospital, Lisburn Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland BT9 7AD, UK
Br J Biomed Sci 63:25-6. 2006
- The profile of gene expression and role of nuclear factor kappa B on glomerular injury in rats with Thy-1 nephritis
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Clin Exp Immunol 152:559-67. 2008
- Cellular effects and metabolic stability of N1-cyclic inosine diphosphoribose and its derivatives
Centre of Experimental Medicine, Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology I Cellular Signal Transduction, University Medical Centre Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 149:337-44. 2006
..However, nothing is known about the metabolic stability and cellular effects of these novel analogues...
- Effect of Akt inhibition on scatter factor-regulated gene expression in DU-145 human prostate cancer cells
Department of Oncology, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Oncogene 26:2925-38. 2007
..A combination of three small interfering RNAs blocked most of the protection by SF in both DU-145 and T47D cells. These findings identify novel c-Akt-regulated genes, some of which contribute to SF-mediated cytoprotection...
- Extracellular hmgb1 functions as an innate immune-mediator implicated in murine cardiac allograft acute rejection
Laboratory of Transplantation, Department of Immunology, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Am J Transplant 7:799-808. 2007
..The enhanced graft survival is associated with reduced allograft expression of TNFalpha, IFNgamma and Hmgb1 and impaired Th1 immune response...
- Cigarette smoke-induced hypercapnic emphysema in C3H mice is associated with increases of macrophage metalloelastase and substance P in the lungs
Pathophysiology Program, Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87108, USA
Exp Lung Res 33:197-215. 2007
..These data suggest a possible involvement of SP and MMP-12 in the pathogenesis of severe COPD...
- Evidence that human cartilage and chondrocytes do not express calcitonin receptor
Centre for Orthopaedic Research, School of Surgery and Pathology, University of Western Australia, Western Australia, Australia
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 16:450-7. 2008
..In this study, we investigated the existence of CTR in human articular cartilage and chondrocytes, and examined the potential pharmacological effects and transduction pathway of salmon CT (sCT) in human chondrocytes...
- Acetylenic TACE inhibitors. Part 2: SAR of six-membered cyclic sulfonamide hydroxamates
J I Levin
Wyeth Research, 401N Middletown Road, Pearl River, NY 10965, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 15:4345-9. 2005
..In particular, compound 5k has excellent in vitro potency against TACE enzyme and in cells, and oral activity in an in vivo model of TNF-alpha production and a collagen-induced arthritis model...
- Amyloid-beta peptide enhances tumor necrosis factor-alpha-induced iNOS through neutral sphingomyelinase/ceramide pathway in oligodendrocytes
Department of Neurology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Neurochem 94:703-12. 2005
..These results suggest that neutral sphingomyelinase/ceramide pathway is required but may not be sufficient for iNOS expression induced by TNF-alpha and the combination of TNF-alpha and Abeta...
- Construction of a transcription map surrounding the BRCA1 locus of human chromosome 17
L C Brody
National Center for Human Genome Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Genomics 25:238-47. 1995
..In addition, 39 putative exons and 14 expressed sequence tags have been identified and mapped to individual cosmids. This transcript map provides a detailed description of gene organization for this region of the genome...
- [Cloning of cNDAs involved in malignant transformation induced by glycidyl methacrylate]
Institute of Occupational Medicine, Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine, Beijing 100050, China
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 30:14-7. 2001
..These results suggest that activation or inactivation of genes including ZABC1, Tbx3 and E2 may be involved in GMA-induced transformation...
- [Effect of methionine supplementation on the selenium bioavailability in rats fed on grains from Keshan disease endemic area]
Institute of Nutrition and Food Hygiene, Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine, Beijing 100050, China
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 30:55-7. 2001
..The results further suggest that marginal deficiency in sulfur-containing amino acids in the diet from Keshan Disease endemic area might be an additional factor for the development of Keshan Disease under selenium deficiency...
- Epstein-Barr Virus and its glycoprotein-350 upregulate IL-6 in human B-lymphocytes via CD21, involving activation of NF-kappaB and different signaling pathways
T A Libermann
Laboratory of Immunovirology, Department of Microbiology and Immunology and Pediatric Research Center, University of Montreal, and Ste. Justine Hospital, , Montreal, Quebec H3T 1C5, Canada
J Mol Biol 308:501-14. 2001
- [Expression of human anti-HBsAg-interferon fusion protein in CHO cells]
Beijing Institute of Microbiology and Epidemiology, Beijing 100071, China
Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi 9:114-6. 2001
..CONCLUSIONS: The successful expression of a fusion protein with both HBsAg affinity and interferon activity may lead to a new way to make a targeting drug for hepatitis B...
- Cellular localization of tumor necrosis factor-alpha following acute spinal cord injury in adult rats
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, Missouri 63104, USA
J Neurotrauma 18:563-8. 2001
..Results suggest that various cell types, including neurons, glial cells, and vascular endothelial cells, contribute to TNF-alpha production in the injured cord...
- A kainate receptor increases the efficacy of GABAergic synapses
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, New York Medical College, Basic Science Building, Room 220, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Neuron 30:503-13. 2001
..The results suggest that glutamate released from excitatory synapses may also function as an intermediary between excitatory and inhibitory synapses to protect overexcitation of local circuits...
- Tumor necrosis factor receptor deletion reduces nuclear factor-kappaB activation, cellular inhibitor of apoptosis protein 2 expression, and functional recovery after traumatic spinal cord injury
G M Kim
Departments of Neurology and Center for the Study of Nervous System Injury, and Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Neurosci 21:6617-25. 2001
..A worse functional outcome in TNFR(-/-) mice suggests that an endogenous apoptosis inhibitory mechanism mediated by TNFR activation, NF-kappaB, and c-IAP2 may be of pathophysiological importance...
- Suppression of tumorigenicity in human ovarian carcinoma cell line SKOV-3 by microcell-mediated transfer of chromosome 11
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, NY, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 129:131-7. 2001
..Our results demonstrate functionally that chromosome 11 may carry a tumor suppressor gene(s) while chromosome 17 may carry a tumor growth-inhibitor gene(s) for the ovarian carcinoma cell line, SKOV-3...
- Binding of ferric enterobactin by the Escherichia coli periplasmic protein FepB
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma 73019, USA
J Bacteriol 182:5359-64. 2000
- Human sulfotransferases SULT1C1 and SULT1C2: cDNA characterization, gene cloning, and chromosomal localization
R R Freimuth
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Mayo Medical School Mayo Graduate School Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, 55905, USA
Genomics 65:157-65. 2000
..2 by fluorescence in situ hybridization. The cloning and structural characterization of SULT1C1 and SULT1C2 will now make it possible to perform molecular genetic and pharmacogenomic studies of these sulfate-conjugating enzymes in humans...
- Structural analysis of 14-3-3 phosphopeptide complexes identifies a dual role for the nuclear export signal of 14-3-3 in ligand binding
Divison of Protein Structure, National Institute for Medical Research, London, United Kingdom
Mol Cell 4:153-66. 1999
..Structural homology between the 14-3-3 NES structure and those within I kappa B alpha and p53 reveals a conserved topology recognized by the Crm1 nuclear export machinery...
- Cloning and expression of glucocorticoid-induced genes in fetal rat lung fibroblasts. Transforming growth factor-beta 3
Department of Paediatrics, Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Biol Chem 270:2722-8. 1995
..These data suggest that glucocorticoids may mediate their stimulatory effect on lung maturation by inducing TGF beta 3 expression in fetal lung fibroblasts...
- Genomic structure and cloned cDNAs predict that four variants in the kinase domain of serine/threonine kinase receptors arise by alternative splicing and poly(A) addition
W Alton Jones Cell Science Center, Inc, Lake Placid, NY 12946
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:7957-61. 1994
- A widely expressed transmembrane serine/threonine kinase that does not bind activin, inhibin, transforming growth factor beta, or bone morphogenic factor
W Alton Jones Cell Science Center, Inc, Lake Placid, New York 12946
J Biol Chem 268:12719-23. 1993
..The expression pattern and lack of binding to prototypic members of the TGF-beta 1-5 branch of the TGF-beta superfamily suggests that SKR1 is potentially a receptor for a new member of the TGF-beta branch of the ligand superfamily...
- The expression of the Drosophila awd gene during normal development and in neoplastic brain tumors caused by lgl mutations
Department of Biology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21218
Dev Biol 158:364-79. 1993
..Using the same awd reporter gene as a marker of donor cells, we have confirmed the invasiveness of lgl-induced neuroblastomas...
- Impaired primary T cell responses in L-selectin-deficient mice
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Section of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
J Exp Med 183:589-98. 1996
..L-selectin does not appear to be rate limiting for the events leading to antigen-driven neutrophil recruitment, since normal DTH responses are obtained at late time points after immunization...
- Rearrangement and reactivation of the myelin basic protein locus in myelin-deficient (mld) mouse brain
Neuroscience Program, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington 06030, USA
J Neurochem 68:457-68. 1997
..The significance of DNA rearrangement in mammalian development is discussed...
- A three-dimensional collagen lattice induces protein kinase C-zeta activity: role in alpha2 integrin and collagenase mRNA expression
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, SUNY at Stony Brook, New York 11794-8165, USA
J Cell Biol 136:473-83. 1997
..Thus, a three-dimensional collagen lattice maintains the dermal fibroblast phenotype, in part, through the activation of PKC-zeta...
- A novel pathway for tumor necrosis factor-alpha and ceramide signaling involving sequential activation of tyrosine kinase, p21(ras), and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase
A N Hanna
Signal Transduction Laboratories, and the Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2S2, Canada
J Biol Chem 274:12722-9. 1999
..It is proposed that activation of Ras and PI 3-kinase by ceramide can contribute to signaling effects of TNFalpha that occur downstream of sphingomyelinase activation and result in increased fibroblasts proliferation...
- Reduction and restoration of mitochondrial dna content after focal cerebral ischemia/reperfusion
Center for the Study of Nervous System Injury and Department of Neurology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Stroke 32:2382-7. 2001
..Restoration of the mtDNA content to nonischemic levels after 30-minute ischemia raises the possibility that mtDNA repair or repletion occurs after brief ischemia...
- Effects of glutathione on chromium-induced DNA crosslinking and DNA polymerase arrest
Department of Pharmacology, The George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Mol Cell Biochem 222:173-82. 2001
..Moreover, the formation of DNA-Cr-GSH crosslinks may actually preclude the formation of the polymerase arresting lesions...
- Octadentate hydroxypyridinonate (HOPO) ligands for plutonium (i.v.): pharmacokinetics and oral efficacy
P W Durbin
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 105:503-8. 2003
- Identification of novel eubacteria from spent mushroom compost (SMC) waste by DNA sequence typing: ecological considerations of disposal on agricultural land
Northern Ireland Public Health Laboratory, Department of Bacteriology, Belfast City Hospital, Belfast BT9 7AD, Northern Ireland, UK
Waste Manag 24:81-6. 2004
..Such studies would be beneficial in helping to ascertain the ecological consequences involved in the disposal of SMC waste on agricultural land...
- Mycobacterium celatum pulmonary infection
Department of Medical Microbiology, Belfast City Hospital, Belfast BT9 7BL
Ulster Med J 72:114-6. 2003
- Biohazards and ecotoxicological considerations of landspreading of spent compost wastes
J R Rao
Molecular Biology Unit, Applied Plant Science Division, Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Queen s University of Belfast, Newforge Lane, Belfast, BT9 5PX, Northern Ireland, UK
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 68:885-92. 2003
..The above study highlights the ecological consequences involved in the disposal of SMC wastes on agricultural land and its implications for plant, animal and human health...
- Gene transfer of interleukin-4 delays acute rejection of splenic allografts in rats
Hepatosplenic Surgery Center of Heilongjiang Province, and the Department of General Surgery, The First Clinical Medical School, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
Transplant Proc 36:1600-3. 2004
..Gene transfer of IL-4 may represent a potential therapeutic approach to induce tolerance to splenic allografts...
- Interaction between osteoblast and osteoclast: impact in bone disease
T C A Phan
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Western Australia, Nedlands, Australia
Histol Histopathol 19:1325-44. 2004
..Thus, this review focuses on the cross-talk between osteoblasts and osteoclasts and its impact in bone disease...
- Serum antibody responses in children with rotavirus diarrhea can serve as proxy for protection
Division of Viral and Rickettsial Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 12:273-9. 2005
..These results indicate that serum IgG is the most reliable marker for seroconversion and is a consistent proxy for protection against severe disease...
- Porcine small intestine submucosa (SIS) is not an acellular collagenous matrix and contains porcine DNA: possible implications in human implantation
M H Zheng
School of Pathology and Surgery, Unit of Orthopaedics, University of Western Australia, 2nd Floor M block QEII Medical Centre, Nedlands 6009, Australia
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 73:61-7. 2005
..We suggest that further studies should be conducted to evaluate the clinical safety and efficacy of SIS implant biomaterials...
- Prevalence of bacterial faecal pathogens in separated and unseparated stored pig slurry
Department of Bacteriology, Northern Ireland Public Health Laboratory, Belfast City Hospital, Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 7AD, UK
Lett Appl Microbiol 36:208-12. 2003
..To examine the prevalence and diversity of bacterial faecal pathogens in unseparated slurry, separated solids and liquid fractions from a commercial pig farm...
- [Protective effect of berberine on isolated perfused heart in heart failure]
Department of Physiology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, WCUMS, Chengdu 610041, China
Hua Xi Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 32:417-8. 2001
..RESULTS: The degree of heart failure in the experiment group was significantly less severe than that in the control group (P < 0.001). CONCLUSION: Berberine has the protective action against to the development of heart failure...
- Employment of broad-range 16S rRNA PCR to detect aetiological agents of infection from clinical specimens in patients with acute meningitis--rapid separation of 16S rRNA PCR amplicons without the need for cloning
Northern Ireland Public Health Laboratory, Department of Bacteriology, Belfast City Hospital, Belfast, UK
J Appl Microbiol 94:197-206. 2003
..The aim of this study was to develop a polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE) method for the rapid separation of 16S rRNA PCR amplicons from aetiological agents of acute meningitis...
- Generation of the mu opioid receptor (MOR-1) protein by three new splice variants of the Oprm gene
Y X Pan
Laboratory of Molecular Neuropharmacology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:14084-9. 2001
..Although the truncated proteins are expressed in brain with a unique regional distribution, their functional significance remains unknown...
- [Primary respiratory syncytial virus infection in mice]
Guangzhou Institute of Respiratory Disease, Guangzhou 510120, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 24:484-6. 2001
..CONCLUSION: An animal model of RSV infection Balb/c mice was successfully established by nasal inoculation with respiratory syncytial virus...
- Cloning and characterization of osteoactivin, a novel cDNA expressed in osteoblasts
F F Safadi
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
J Cell Biochem 84:12-26. 2001
..Furthermore, osteoactivin overexpression in op mutant bone may be secondary to the uncoupling of bone resorption and formation resulting in abnormalities in osteoblast gene expression and function...
- [Effect of platelet on procoagulant activity of monocyte]
Hemostatic Physiology Laboratory, Xiangya Medical College, Central Southern University, Changsha 410078, China
Zhonghua Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 22:478-80. 2001
..CONCLUSION: TF expression of M contributes to the procoagulant activity of Ms and activated platelet enhances the procoagulant activity via P-selectin...
- Molecular genotyping of human cryptosporidiosis in Northern Ireland: epidemiological aspects and review
C J Lowery
Department of Bacteriology, Belfast City Hospital, School of Biological and Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Life and Health Sciences, University of Ulster, Coleraine, Northern Ireland
Ir J Med Sci 170:246-50. 2001
..Epidemiologically, this suggests that the most frequent mode of transmission may be from animals to humans, but does not suggest a high proportion of human to human spread...
- [Identification of high-pathogenicity island-harboring Escherichia coli from children with diarrhea disease]
Molecular Microbiology Laboratory, Shanxi Children's Hospital, Taiyuan 030013, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 81:1427-9. 2001
..0%), diarrhea (75.9%, over 6 episodes, mostly of mucous stool a day, 75.9%), and fever (50.9%). CONCLUSION: High-pathogenicity island-harboring E. coli is one of the important pathogens of diarrhea diseases in children...
- Mycobacterium triplex pulmonary infection in an immunocompetent patient
Northern Ireland Public Health Laboratory, Belfast City Hospital, Lisburn Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland
J Infect 44:263-4. 2002
..This novel organism is an uncommon, emerging, pathogen for which few reports of clinical infection exist in the medical literature...
- Human brain plasticity: an emerging view of the multiple substrates and mechanisms that cause cortical changes and related sensory dysfunctions after injuries of sensory inputs from the body
J T Wall
Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology Program, Medical College of Ohio, Toledo 43614 5804, USA
Brain Res Brain Res Rev 39:181-215. 2002
..We suggest that sensory dysfunctions after nerve, root, dorsal column (spinal), and amputation injuries can be viewed as diseases of reorganization in this core...
- Neutralizing antibodies and efficacy of interferon beta-1a: a 4-year controlled study
Department of Neurology and Research, University Hospital Basel, Switzerland
Neurology 65:40-7. 2005
..To determine the incidence and clinical significance of neutralizing antibody (NAb) formation in patients with relapsing multiple sclerosis (MS) who participated in the European Interferon Beta-1a IM Dose-Comparison Study...