- The diagnostic significance of the detection of cytokeratin 19 mRNA by quantitative RT-PCR in benign and malignant pleural effusions
Second Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310009, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci 5:1286-9. 2004
..To evaluate the diagnostic significance of detecting cytokeratin 19 (CK19) mRNA by quantitative reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) in benign and malignant pleural effusions...
- Nontypeable Haemophilus influenzae induces COX-2 and PGE2 expression in lung epithelial cells via activation of p38 MAPK and NF-kappa B
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Second Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310009, China
Respir Res 9:16. 2008
- Synergistic induction of MUC5AC mucin by nontypeable Haemophilus influenzae and Streptococcus pneumoniae
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Second Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Zhejiang University Institute of Respiratory Diseases, Hangzhou 310009, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 365:795-800. 2008
..Thus, our studies provide direct evidence for the synergistic induction of MUC5AC in mixed infections and bring novel insights into our understanding of molecular mechanisms underlying polymicrobial infections in CRD and OM...
- [The role of p38 mitogen activated protein kinase in the inflammatory response of human monocytes infected with nontypeable Haemophilus influenzae]
Zhi hao Xu
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Second Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou 310009, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 31:348-51. 2008
..To investigate the role of mitogen activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathway in the inflammatory response induced by nontypeable Haemophilus influenzae (NTHi)...
- Pulmonary alveolar proteinosis in China: a systematic review of 241 cases
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Second Affiliated Hospital of Zhejiang, Zhejiang, China
Respirology 14:761-6. 2009
..It was first described in China in 1965, and more cases have been reported subsequently. A systematic review was performed on 241 cases of PAP in China and progress in the diagnosis and treatment of this disease is discussed...
- Debye series for light scattering by a spheroid
, , Germany
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 27:671-86. 2010
..Eccentricity-related scattering phenomena including the rainbow's angular shift, the disappearance of the rainbow, and the rainbow-enhanced glory are quantitatively demonstrated and analyzed...
- In vitro study on the vaporization ratio of 2-microm laser in human prostatic tissue
Department of Urology, People s Liberation Army General Hospital, Beijing, 100853, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 30:198-200. 2010
- A case report of systemic lupus erythematosus combined with Castleman's disease and literature review
Jing yan Xia
Department of Radiation Therapy, Second Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, 88 Jiefang Road, 310009 Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, People s Republic of China
Rheumatol Int 32:2189-93. 2012
..The patient responded very well to the prednisolone treatment. Based on the related literature review, we would like to stress the possibility of CD in patients with SLE lymphadenopathy...
- Efficacy and significance of various scores for pneumonia severity in the management of patients with community-acquired pneumonia in China
Zhejiang University School of Medicine Hangzhou Binjiang Hospital, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 125:639-45. 2012
..The present study aimed to evaluate the role of the pneumonia severity index (PSI), CURB-65, and sepsis score in the management of hospitalized CAP patients and explore the effect of ICU treatment on prognosis of severe cases...
- [Type I interferon and bacterial infection]
Department of Respiratory Medicine, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou 310009, China
Zhejiang Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 41:464-8. 2012
- A case of chylothorax treated curatively with Sapylin, a streptococcus preparation
Zhi hao Xu
Department of Respiratory Diseases, The Second Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 8:885-7. 2007
..Two-time intra-thoracic injection of 3 Klinische Einheit (KE) Sapylin achieved rapid and effective control of chylothorax with no severe side effects. Sapylin may facilitate pleurodesis by producing a strong inflammatory response...
- CCR3 monoclonal antibody inhibits airway eosinophilic inflammation and mucus overproduction in a mouse model of asthma
Hua hao Shen
Department of Respiratory Diseases, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University College of Medicine, Hangzhou 310009, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 27:1594-9. 2006
..To explore the effect of a rat anti-mouse CC-chemokine receptor-3 (CCR3) monoclonal antibody (CCR3 mAb) on airway eosinophilia and mucus overproduction in asthmatic mice...
- Akt1-mediated regulation of macrophage polarization in a murine model of Staphylococcus aureus pulmonary infection
Department of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, China
J Infect Dis 208:528-38. 2013
..These results thus establish an Akt1-mediated, microRNA-involved circuit that regulates pathogen-driven macrophage polarization and, subsequently, the host response to infection. ..
- Results of en bloc resection for hepatocellular carcinoma extending to adjacent organs
Yan Ming Zhou
Department of Hepato Biliary Pancreato Vascular Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital of Xiamen University, Xiamen, China
Can J Surg 55:222-6. 2012
..To curatively resect hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) with adjacent organ extension, the combined resection of these organs is inevitable. We analyzed the safety and effectiveness of en bloc resection for HCC extending to adjacent organs...
- [Acute exacerbation of usual interstitial pneumonia and nonspecific interstitial pneumonia: analysis of 6 cases]
Xin lun Tian
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100730, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 31:255-9. 2008
..Our study was to define the clinicopathologic features and outcome of acute exacerbation in 3 patients with UIP and 3 with nonspecific interstitial pneumonia (NSIP)...
- Should FEV1/FEV6 replace FEV1/FVC ratio to detect airway obstruction? A metaanalysis
Ji yong Jing
Respiratory Department, Second Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Jiefang Road 88, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, People s Republic of China
Chest 135:991-8. 2009
..We conducted a meta-analysis to determine the FEV(1)/FEV(6) substitute for FEV(1)/FVC in the diagnosis of airway obstruction...
- Homeoprotein Cdx2 and nuclear PTEN expression profiles are related to gastric cancer prognosis
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Surgical Oncology Laboratory, People s Hospital, Peking University, 100044 Beijing, China
APMIS 115:1383-90. 2007
..014). These data suggest that combined analysis of Cdx2 and nuclear PTEN expression can have significant value in distinguishing histological types of gastric cancer and assessing prognosis in patients with gastric cancer...
- Risk factors for intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma: a case-control study in China
Yan Ming Zhou
Department of Hepato Biliary Pancreato Vascular Surgery, The First Xiamen Hospital, Fujian Medical University, 55 Zhenhai Road, Xiamen 361003, Fujian Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 14:632-5. 2008
..To carry out a hospital-based case-control study to investigate risk factors for intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma (ICC) in China...
- Establishment of transcriptional competence in early and late S phase
Department of Cellular Biochemistry and Human Genetics, Hebrew University, Ein Kerem, Jerusalem, Israel
Nature 420:198-202. 2002
..These findings suggest a mechanistic connection between replication timing and gene expression that might help to explain how epigenetic states can be maintained in vivo...
- Association of the T1799A BRAF mutation with tumor extrathyroidal invasion, higher peripheral platelet counts, and over-expression of platelet-derived growth factor-B in papillary thyroid cancer
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Endocr Relat Cancer 15:183-90. 2008
..The data suggest that the BRAF T1799A mutation is associated with aggressive pathological outcomes of PTC in which high platelet counts and increased PDGF production may play a role...
- Modulation of the inflammatory response to Streptococcus pneumoniae in a model of acute lung tissue infection
Medical Clinic III, Campus Lubeck, University of Schleswig Holstein, Lubeck, Germany
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 39:522-9. 2008
..p38 MAPK holds a major role in pathogen-induced pulmonary cytokine release and is a potential molecular target to modulate overwhelming lung inflammation...
- Clinical features of hepatic angiomyolipoma
Yan Ming Zhou
Department of Hepato Biliary Pancreato Vascular Surgery, First Xiamen Hospital, Fujian Medical University, Xiamen 361003, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 7:284-7. 2008
..Hepatic angiomyolipoma (HAML) is a rare hepatic mesenchymal tumor. This study was designed to explore its clinical features...
- Local blockade of TSLP receptor alleviated allergic disease by regulating airway dendritic cells
Department of Immunology, Hangzhou Normal University, Hangzhou, PR China
Clin Immunol 129:202-10. 2008
..Thus, local application of anti-TSLPR prevented Th2-mediated airway inflammation, at least partly, by regulating DCs function, which might be exploited to develop novel treatments for asthma...
- The polymorphism in acetaldehyde dehydrogenase 2 gene, causing a substitution of Glu > Lys(504), is not associated with coronary atherosclerosis severity in Han Chinese
Department of Emergency, Qilu Hospital of Shandong University, Jinan, China
Tohoku J Exp Med 213:215-20. 2007
..Multiple regression analysis has shown that the ALDH2 genotype 1/2 or 2/2 is an independent risk factor for MI, but is not associated with coronary atherosclerosis severity in Han Chinese...
- Association of AKT1 gene polymorphisms with risk of schizophrenia and with response to antipsychotics in the Chinese population
Ming Qing Xu
Bio X Center, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, PR China
J Clin Psychiatry 68:1358-67. 2007
..The purpose of this study was to determine whether the AKT1 gene is involved in the etiology of schizophrenia and whether it affects therapeutic outcomes in the Chinese population...
- Predictive value of EphA2 and EphrinA-1 expression in oesophageal squamous cell carcinoma
Department of Pathology, The National Hospital Norwegian Radium Hospital, University of Oslo, Montebello, 0310 Oslo, Norway
Anticancer Res 25:2943-50. 2005
..We conclude that EphA2 protein expression is confirmed to be of predictive value for unfavourable survival for oesophageal cancer patients and may be a good target for oesophageal cancer therapy...
- Cerebral microvascular amyloid beta protein deposition induces vascular degeneration and neuroinflammation in transgenic mice expressing human vasculotropic mutant amyloid beta precursor protein
Department of Medicine, HSC, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8153, USA
Am J Pathol 167:505-15. 2005
..Together, these studies identify the Tg-SwDI mouse as a unique model to investigate selective accumulation of cerebral microvascular amyloid and the associated neuroinflammation...
- Reducing cerebral microvascular amyloid-beta protein deposition diminishes regional neuroinflammation in vasculotropic mutant amyloid precursor protein transgenic mice
Department of Medicine, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York 11794 8153, USA
J Neurosci 25:6271-7. 2005
- Genomic organization and functional analysis of murine PKD2L1
Department of Pharmacology, Akita University School of Medicine, Akita 010 8543, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:5626-35. 2005
..We conclude that PKD2L1 forms functional cation channels on the plasma membrane by interacting with PKD1. These findings raise the possibility that PKD2L1 represents the third genetic locus that is responsible for PKD...
- Inhibition of tumor metastasis by sodium caffeate and its effect on angiogenesis
Institute of Medicinal Biotechnology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing
Oncology 67:88-92. 2004
..Sodium caffeate (SC), the sodium salt of caffeic acid, was synthesized in our laboratory. We studied the antimetastatic effect induced by SC and its inhibition of tumor angiogenesis using various in vitro and in vivo metastasis assays...
- LRP/amyloid beta-peptide interaction mediates differential brain efflux of Abeta isoforms
Frank P Smith Laboratories for Neuroscience and Neurosurgical Research, Department of Neurosurgery, Arthur Kornberg Medical Research Building, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Neuron 43:333-44. 2004
..Thus, low-affinity LRP/Abeta interaction and/or Abeta-induced LRP loss at the BBB mediate brain accumulation of neurotoxic Abeta...
- Early-onset and robust cerebral microvascular accumulation of amyloid beta-protein in transgenic mice expressing low levels of a vasculotropic Dutch/Iowa mutant form of amyloid beta-protein precursor
Department of Medicine, Health Sciences Center, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8153, USA
J Biol Chem 279:20296-306. 2004
..These results with Tg-SwDI mice demonstrate that overexpression of human AbetaPP is not required for early-onset and robust accumulation of both vascular and parenchymal Abeta in mouse brain...
- [The building and practice of the emergency isolation radiology information system at the department of radiology in polyclinic during the epidemic outbreak stage of SARS]
Department of Radiology, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing 100083, China
Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao 35:86-8. 2003
..To summarize the experience and the effects of the system, and to discuss the benefits and problems of the system...
- An evaluation of linear RNA amplification in cDNA microarray gene expression analysis
Department of Molecular and Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokushima, CREST, JST, The 21st Century COE Program, Shomachi 1, Tokushima 770 8505, Japan
Mol Genet Metab 87:71-9. 2006
..Furthermore, quantitative real-time PCR measurements of a set of 10 genes showed good correlation with amplified aRNA arrays...
- Protease nexin-2/amyloid beta-protein precursor limits cerebral thrombosis
Department of Medicine, Stony Brook University, NY 11794, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:18135-40. 2005
..These findings indicate that PN2/AbetaPP plays a significant role in regulating cerebral thrombosis and that modest increases in this protein can profoundly enhance cerebral hemorrhage...
- Long-term engraftment of p18(INK4C)-deficient hematopoietic stem cells is enhanced in the sublethally-irradiated recipients
Department of Hematology, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, China
Sci China C Life Sci 49:390-4. 2006
..Therefore, p18 might serve as a potential drug target for increasing the efficacy of stem cell transplant in the patients that are preconditioned with either a myeloablative or non-myeloablative regimen...
- Role of rat organic anion transporter 3 (Oat3) in the renal basolateral transport of glutathione
Lawrence H Lash
Department of Pharmacology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, 540 East Canfield Avenue, Detroit, MI 48201, United States
Chem Biol Interact 170:124-34. 2007
..We conclude that Oat3 can function in GSH uptake and that NRK-52E cells possess a low background rate of GSH uptake, making these cells a good model for overexpression of specific, putative GSH carriers...
- Antigen transmission by replicating antigen-bearing dendritic cells
Toronto General Hospital Research Institute, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Immunol 179:2713-21. 2007
..Our findings help explain how Ag may persist in a population of DC despite the brief lifespan of individual mature DC...
- Multivessel percutaneous coronary intervention in Chinese patients with acute myocardial infarction and simple nonculprit arteries
Department of Emergency and Center of Chest Pain, Qilu Hospital of Shandong University, Jinan, China
Am J Med Sci 333:376-80. 2007
..In this study, we investigated the significance of multivessel PCI in Chinese patients with ST-segment elevation AMI and relatively simple lesions in nonculprit arteries...
- Effect of personality type on pharmacodynamics through changing pharmacokinetics
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Second Medical College, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, China
Med Hypotheses 69:1131-4. 2007
- Minocycline reduces microglial activation and improves behavioral deficits in a transgenic model of cerebral microvascular amyloid
Department of Medicine, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York 11794, USA
J Neurosci 27:3057-63. 2007
..These finding suggest that anti-inflammatory treatment targeted for cerebral microvascular amyloid-induced microglial activation can improve cognitive deficits without altering the accumulation and distribution of Abeta...
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor and risk of schizophrenia: an association study and meta-analysis
Bio X Center, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 353:738-43. 2007
..However, haplotype analysis found a common four-locus haplotype is protective against schizophrenia (Case 3.1% vs Control 7%, p=0.0011). Our data provides evidence that BDNF is a susceptibility gene for schizophrenia in Chinese subjects...
- Facilitated PCI in younger Chinese patients with AMI
Int J Cardiol 121:78-80. 2007
..Our results suggest that the age and dosage of thrombolytics should be noticed seriously when considering facilitated PCI...
- Structure of human spindlin1. Tandem tudor-like domains for cell cycle regulation
Tsinghua Institute of Biophysics Joint Research Group for Structural Biology, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
J Biol Chem 282:647-56. 2007
..We further identified associations of spindlin1 with nucleic acid to provide a biochemical basis for its cell cycle regulation and other functions...
- Identification and characterization of the murine TRPM4 channel
Department of Pharmacology, Akita University School of Medicine, 1 1 1, Hondou, Akita 010 8543, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 307:522-8. 2003
..Both TRPM4 variants integrated into the plasma membrane. Furthermore, FRET analysis revealed that TRPM4a and TRPM4b localized close together, suggesting a multimerization of the two molecules...