- Efficacy of consensus interferon in treatment of HbeAg-positive chronic hepatitis B: a multicentre, randomized controlled trial
Infectious Disease Centre, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, No 37, Guo Xue Xiang, Chengdu, Sichuan Province, PR China
Virol J 6:99. 2009
..Consensus interferon (CIFN) is a newly developed type I interferon...
- Legislation for trial registration and data transparency
Zhao Xiang Bian
School of Chinese Medicine, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong, China
Trials 11:64. 2010
- Traditional Chinese medicine in the treatment of acute respiratory tract infections
Chinese Cochrane Centre, Chinese Evidence Based Medicine Centre, International Clinical Epidemiology Resource and Training Center, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, No 37, Guo Xue Xiang, Chengdu 610041, China
Respir Med 102:1093-8. 2008
- Randomized trials published in some Chinese journals: how many are randomized?
Chinese Cochrane Centre, Chinese Evidence Based Medicine Centre, International Clinical Epidemiology Network INCLEN, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, PR China
Trials 10:46. 2009
..We investigated the adequacy of randomization of clinical trials published in recent years in China to determine how many of them met acceptable standards for allocating participants to treatment groups...
- Green tea and gastric cancer risk: meta-analysis of epidemiologic studies
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, 37 Guo Xue Rd, Chengdu 610041, Sichuan Province, China
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 17:159-65. 2008
..To evaluate the association between green tea consumption and the risk of gastric cancer...
- Structured triglyceride for parenteral nutrition: meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials
Department of General Surgery, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, 37 Guo Xue Rd, Chengdu 610041, Sichuan Province, China
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 15:406-11. 2006
..ST appeared to be safe and well tolerated. Further trials are required, especially compared with the MCT/LCT, with sufficient size and rigorous design...
- Strategies for promoting the development of evidence-based medicine in China
Chinese Evidence Based Medicine Cochrane Centre, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
J Evid Based Med 2:47-52. 2009
..EVENT: A working meeting of the EBM network was held to promote the development of EBM in China. The delegates came from 15 EBM centres in universities or hospitals and some strategies and measures were discussed in the meeting...
- Chinese medicinal herbs for acute bronchitis
Chinese Evidence BasedMedicine Centre, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2:CD004560. 2012
..It is traditionally treated with antibiotics (although the evidence for their effectiveness is weak, and modest at best) and other even less effective treatments. Chinese medicinal herbs have also been used as a treatment...
- Chinese medicinal herbs for sore throat
West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 3:CD004877. 2012
..Chinese herbal medicines are commonly used to treat sore throat in China and are used worldwide by practitioners of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM). Their efficacy in treating sore throat has not previously been systematically reviewed...
- Traditional Chinese medicinal herbs in the treatment of patients with esophageal cancer: a systematic review
Chinese Cochrane Centre, Chinese EBM Centre, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Gastroenterol Clin North Am 38:153-67, x. 2009
..Evidence from current studies appears weak due to methodological limitations. Due to conflicting reports, it is difficult to argue for or against the use of traditional Chinese medicines as a treatment for esophageal cancer...
- Saponins from Chinese Buckeye Seed reduce cerebral edema: metaanalysis of randomized controlled trials
Department of Surgery, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, PR China
Planta Med 71:993-8. 2005
..However, the evidence is not sufficient due to the generally low methodological quality of the studies. Further trials are needed with sufficiently numerous group size and rigorous design...
- Recommendations for reporting adverse drug reactions and adverse events of traditional Chinese medicine
Chinese Clinical Trial Registry, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
J Evid Based Med 3:11-7. 2010
..In each part, there are some samples could be references for the development of a report and ADR/AE. We welcome any comments for improving this recommendation...
- Probiotics for preventing acute upper respiratory tract infections
Department of Geriatrics, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, No 37, Guo Xue Xiang, Chengdu, Sichuan, China, 610041
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 9:CD006895. 2011
..However, no evidence of the benefits of probiotics for acute upper respiratory tract infections (URTIs) and related potential adverse effects has been published...
- Huperzine A for mild cognitive impairment
Department of Geriatrics, West ChinaHospital, SichuanUniversity, Chengdu, China
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 12:CD008827. 2012
..However, these drugs have not been proven to be effective for MCI and have numerous side effects. Huperzine A may have some beneficial effects in MCI...
- Oxygen therapy for pneumonia in adults
Department of Gerontology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 3:CD006607. 2012
..Oxygen therapy is widely used in the treatment of lung diseases. However, the effectiveness of oxygen therapy as a treatment for pneumonia is not well known...
- A systematic review of radiological outcomes of highly cross-linked polyethylene versus conventional polyethylene in total hip arthroplasty
Department of Orthopedics, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan Province, People s Republic of China
Int Orthop 33:599-604. 2009
..This preliminary result suggests that highly cross-linked polyethylene has significantly less wear than conventional polyethylene...
- [Systematic review of randomised controlled trial of iodised salt for preventing iodine deficiency disorders]
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 23:461-5. 2002
..However there was not enough evidence to support that market iodised salt can effectively eliminate these disorders, particularly in children. More eligibility trials are needed for providing more evidences...