Affiliation: Wojskowy Instytut Medyczny
- Implication of immunological abnormalities after adenotonsillotomyBeata Zielnik-Jurkiewicz
Department of Otolaryngology, Children s Hospital, 02 970 Warsaw, Zapłocie 42C, Poland
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 64:127-32. 2002..However, 6 months after operation we observed normalization of examined immunological parameters. We think that the examinations of parameters of immunological system (humoral and cellular) are necessary before planned adenotonsillotomy...
- [Upper respiratory tract infections in children caused by atypical bacteria]Beata Zielnik-Jurkiewicz
Szpital Dzieciecy im prof dr med J Bogdanowicza, Oddział Otolaryngologiczny, Warszawa
Pol Merkur Lekarski 25:415-9. 2008..Atypical bacteria can cause upper respiratory tract infections significantly more often than previously thought. These infections often occur in patients with history of respiratory recurrences...
- [Bacterial flora in children with recurrent acute otitis media]Beata Zielnik-Jurkiewicz
Oddział Otolaryngologiczny SZPZOZ
Pol Merkur Lekarski 18:146-50. 2005..Our investigation showed that resistance to bacteria increase in children with recurrent acute otitis media, most frequent appear in children older than 2 years and depend on number of episodes of acute otitis media and day care...
- [Effectiveness of Broncho-Vaxom in prevention of recurrent upper respiratory tract infection in children]Beata Zielnik-Jurkiewicz
Oddzial Otolaryngologiczny Samodzielnego Zespołu Publicznych Zakładów Opieki Zdrowotnej w Warszawie
Pol Merkur Lekarski 19:625-9. 2005..Evaluation of effectiveness of immunostimulating treatment with Broncho-Vaxom and his influence on concentration of proinflammatory cytokines in children with recurrent upper respiratory tract infection...
- [Usefulness of fenspiride in the treatment of acute otitis media in children]Beata Zielnik-Jurkiewicz
Oddział Otolaryngologiczny SZPZOZ w Warszawie
Pol Merkur Lekarski 18:624-8. 2005..The aim of the study was to observe effectiveness of combined treatment with antibiotic and fenspiride in children with acute otitis media...
- [Emergence pathogens infections in ENT Department of Children's hospital in 2005-2008]Beata Zielnik-Jurkiewicz
Oddział Otolaryngologiczny Szpitala Dzieciecego im prof dr med Jana Bogdanowicza
Otolaryngol Pol 63:513-9. 2009..The control of hospital infections recognize by present hospitality for the most important criterion of quality of work...
- Rare case of pyogenic granuloma of the tongue in an 8-week-old infantBeata D Zielnik Jurkiewicz
Department of Otolaryngology, Children s Hospital, Warsaw, Poland
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 262:453-5. 2005..The course of the disease is benign and painless, though it can be recurrent. No recurrence was found in the control examination after 3 years...
- Nasal provocative test in patients allergic to pollenAndrzej Wojdas
Department of Otolaryngology, Military Medical Institute, Warsaw, Poland
Ann Agric Environ Med 12:173-6. 2005..2) Rhinomanometry, as an objective method of examining nasal patency, is crucial for evaluating the nasal provocative test...
- The nasal septum deformities in children and adolescents from Warsaw, PolandBeata Zielnik-Jurkiewicz
Department of Otolaryngology, , 03-924 Warsaw, Poland
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 70:731-6. 2006..The risk of occurrence of the nasal septum deformities increases after nasal injury. Type 1 and type 5 according to Mladina's classification dominates in study population. Type 1 decreases with age, while type 5 increases with age...
- [Nasopharyngeal and middle ear flora in children with acute otitis media]Beata Zielnik-Jurkiewicz
Otolaryngol Pol 59:537-42. 2005..5027) was observed. Nasopharyngeal and middle ear flora in children with acute otitis media is similar. In that case susceptibility of bacteria from the nasopharynx can be useful for empirical treatment of acute otitis media in children...
- [Evaluation of antibiotic resistance in material isolated from the middle ear in children with acute otitis media not responding to standard antibiotic treatment]Beata Zielnik Jurkiewicz
Oddział Otolaryngologiczny, SZPZOZ im prof dr med J Bogdanowicza w Warszawie
Otolaryngol Pol 61:892-7. 2007..Aim. A qualitative and quantitative bacteriological analysis of material isolated from the middle ear in children with AOM treated with antibiotic without improvement...
- [Complications of acute sinusitis in children treated in own material]Beata Zielnik Jurkiewicz
Oddział Otolaryngologiczny Szpital Dzieciecy, SZPZOZ im Prof J Bogdanowicza w Warszawie
Otolaryngol Pol 61:623-5. 2007..Management of these children included intravenous antibiotic and we made maxillary sinus puncture with drainage. Proper recognition and treatment lead to total recovery...
- [Analysis of postoperative hemorrhage after adenoidectomy and tonsillectomy in children in own material]Beata Zielnik-Jurkiewicz
, SZPZOZ im. Prof. J. Bogdanowicza w Warszawie
Otolaryngol Pol 59:71-6. 2005..Food or inhalation allergy, recurrent infections of upper respiratory tract and male sex are risk factors of postoperative hemorrhage after adenoidectomy with or without tonsillectomy...
- [The role of the bacterial inflammation in subglottic laryngitis in children]Beata Zielnik-Jurkiewicz
Pol Merkur Lekarski 18:141-5. 2005..The impact of bacteria onto the etiopathogenesis of subglottic laryngitis has been discussed for many years. Some experts are of the opinion that the disease develops on the bacteriologic background...
- [Selected inflammatory factors in material from the middle ear in chronic otitis media with effusion in children]Beata Zielnik-Jurkiewicz
Otolaryngol Pol 61:102-4. 2007
- [Results of treatment with tympanostomy tubes in children with otitis media with effusion]Beata Zielnik-Jurkiewicz
, Szpital Dzieciecy SZPZOZ im prof J Bogdanowicza w Warszawie
Otolaryngol Pol 60:181-5. 2006..In children with otitis media with effusion who started treatment with tympanostomy tubes in age to 4 years old the amount of sequelaes is less. The follow-up is recommended up to 8 years after the treatment...
- [Nasal septal abscess and palatine process of the maxilla abscess complicating acute rhinosinusitis in a 12-year old boy]Beata Zielnik-Jurkiewicz
, Szpital Dzieciecy, SZPZOZ im. Prof. J. Bogdanowicza w Warszawie
Otolaryngol Pol 59:865-9. 2005..Proper recognition and surgical and preservative treatment lead to total recovery. In our boy, control examinations after 2 and 6 months confirmed recovery without recurrence and later complications...
- [Acute lymphadenitis of the neck in children]Beata Zielnik-Jurkiewicz
, SZPZOZ im. Prof. J. Bogdanowicza w Warszawie
Otolaryngol Pol 59:209-14. 2005..In these cases surgical drainage is a key to appropriate resolution. USG diagnoses were retrospectively correlated with clinical and surgical findings or with the outcome of treatment in 87.5% of children...
- [Aspects of biological activity of T and NK lymphocytes in children with adenoid hypertrophy and concomitant otitis media with effusion]Anna Stasiak-Barmuta
Pracownia Cytometrii Przeptywowej SP DSK, Biatymstoku
Pol Merkur Lekarski 19:265-8. 2005..The results suggest that in recurrent otitis media with effusion may be one of the factors causing T lymphocytes deficiency. Obtained results might be one of the criteria of using adenoidectomy...
- [Effect of the palatine tonsils size on acute illness of the respiratory tract in children, youth and young adults]Beata Zielnik-Jurkiewicz
, Szpitala Dzieciecego SZPZOZ im. Prof. J. Bogdanowicza w Warszawie
Otolaryngol Pol 59:357-60. 2005..In group of children with fifth degree sinusitis didn't occur. The size of the palatine tonsils can influence occurring and frequency of otitis media but it doesn't influence occurring and frequency of sinusitis...