- Clinical relevance of HCV antiviral drug resistance
J W Goethe University Hospital, Department of Internal Medicine I, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Curr Opin Virol 2:651-5. 2012
..Knowledge on molecular escape mechanisms of resistant variants, their time to wild-type reversal and potential persistence is of upmost importance to design treatment strategies for patients with previous DAA-treatment failure...
- Peptidomimetic escape mechanisms arise via genetic diversity in the ligand-binding site of the hepatitis C virus NS3/4A serine protease
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Inflammatory Diseases Institute, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7292, USA
Gastroenterology 142:654-63. 2012
..However, clinical trials have revealed rapid selection of resistant mutants, most of which are considered to be pre-existing variants...
- New direct-acting antiviral agents for the treatment of hepatitis C virus infection and perspectives
Department of Internal Medicine I, J W Goethe University Hospital, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt Main, Germany
Gut 61:i36-46. 2012
..The novel agents in clinical development are paving the way for future interferon-sparing regimens...
- Ketoamide resistance and hepatitis C virus fitness in val55 variants of the NS3 serine protease
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine and the Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, Chapel Hill, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:1907-15. 2012
..Reduced structural flexibility could impact the Val55 variant's ability to adapt for NS3 domain-domain interaction and might explain the virus yield drop observed in variant strains...
- Molecular basis of telaprevir resistance due to V36 and T54 mutations in the NS3-4A protease of the hepatitis C virus
Department of Computational Biology and Applied Algorithmics, Max Planck Institute for Informatics, 66123 Saarbrucken, Germany
Genome Biol 9:R16. 2008
..These mutations are located in the protein interior and far away from the ligand binding pocket...
- Impact of ribavirin on HCV replicon RNA decline during treatment with interferon-α and the protease inhibitors boceprevir or telaprevir
Wolf Peter Hofmann
Department of Internal Medicine I, Goethe University Hospital, Frankfurt, Germany
Antivir Ther 16:695-704. 2011
..Ribavirin increases early and sustained virological response rates in patients chronically infected with HCV who receive pegylated interferon-α and novel HCV protease inhibitors...
- Clinical relevance of the 2'-5'-oligoadenylate synthetase/RNase L system for treatment response in chronic hepatitis C
Medizinische Klinik I, Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt Main, Germany
J Hepatol 50:49-58. 2009
..Viral RNA is cleaved by RNase L at UU/UA dinucleotides. The clinical relevance of RNase L cleavage for response to an interferon-alpha-based therapy in chronic hepatitis C is unknown...
- Protease inhibitor-resistant hepatitis C virus mutants with reduced fitness from impaired production of infectious virus
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Inflammatory Diseases Institute, and the Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Gastroenterology 140:667-75. 2011
..Many of these significantly impair the replication fitness of HCV RNA replicons. However, it is not known whether these mutations also adversely affect infectious virus assembly and release, processes in which NS3 also participates...
- Regulation of the production of infectious genotype 1a hepatitis C virus by NS5A domain III
Inflammatory Diseases Institute, 8 034 Burnett Womack CB 7292, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7292, USA
J Virol 85:6645-56. 2011
..Thus, despite low overall sequence homology, the production of infectious virus is regulated similarly in JFH-1 and H77S viruses by a conserved function associated with a C-terminal Ser/Thr cluster in domain III of NS5A...
- Highly sensitive determination of HCV protease inhibitors boceprevir (SCH 503034) and telaprevir (VX 950) in human plasma by LC-MS/MS
Pharmazentrum frankfurt ZAFES, Institut fur Klinische Pharmakologie, Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat Frankfurt, Theodor Stern Kai 7, Haus 74, 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 877:4001-6. 2009
..It is suitable to quantify the concentrations of the hepatitis C virus protease inhibitors boceprevir and telaprevir in human plasma...
- Dimerization of the hepatitis C virus nonstructural protein 4B depends on the integrity of an aminoterminal basic leucine zipper
Martin Walter Welker
Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Medizinische Klinik 1, Theodor Stern Kai 7, Frankfurt am Main 60590, Germany
Protein Sci 19:1327-36. 2010
..In conclusion, our data indicate NS4B-homodimerization and that this interaction is facilitated by the aminoterminal part containing a bZIP motif...
- Base pairing between hepatitis C virus RNA and microRNA 122 3' of its seed sequence is essential for genome stabilization and production of infectious virus
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Inflammatory Diseases Institute and Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
J Virol 86:7372-83. 2012
..These data add to the current understanding of miR-122 interactions with HCV RNA but indicate that base pairing between miR-122 and the 5' 43 nt of the HCV genome is more complex than suggested by existing models...
- Class A scavenger receptor 1 (MSR1) restricts hepatitis C virus replication by mediating toll-like receptor 3 recognition of viral RNAs produced in neighboring cells
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, and the Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 9:e1003345. 2013
- Pharmacokinetics of peginterferons
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Endocrinology, Saarland University Hospital, Homburg Saar, Germany
Semin Liver Dis 23:23-8. 2003
..However, it remains unknown whether these differences in the initial viral decline predict differences in the primary clinical endpoint, sustained virological response...