- Internet addiction or excessive internet use
Hadassah Medical Organization, Ein Kerem, Jerusalem, Israel
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 36:277-83. 2010
..It has, however, been proposed for inclusion in the next version of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorder (DSM)...
- Computer and video game addiction-a comparison between game users and non-game users
Aviv Malkiel Weinstein
Department of Medical Biophysics and Nuclear Medicine, Hadassah Hospital, Ein Kerem, Jerusalem, Israel
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 36:268-76. 2010
..It is not clear whether video game playing meets diagnostic criteria for Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition (DSM-IV)...
- Cognitive processing of drug-related stimuli: the role of memory and attention
Department of Medical Biophysics and Nuclear Medicine, Hadassah University Hospital, Ein Kerem, Jerusalem, Israel
J Psychopharmacol 20:850-9. 2006
..Future research is needed to ll gaps in our knowledge and lead to a more defined and articulated cognitive-behavioural model of drug dependence...
- Brain imaging study of the acute effects of Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) on attention and motor coordination in regular users of marijuana
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 196:119-31. 2008
..In both sessions, a virtual reality maze task was performed during the FDG uptake period...
- Exercise addiction- diagnosis, bio-psychological mechanisms and treatment issues
Senior Research Fellow, Department of Nuclear Medicine, Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv 64239, Israel and School of Social Work, Tel Hai Academic College, Tel Hai, 12210 Israel
Curr Pharm Des 20:4062-9. 2014
..This review summarizes diagnostic and phenomenology of exercise addiction with emphasis on physiological and neuro-pharmacological mechanisms responsible for its rewarding and addictive properties. ..
- Emerging association between addictive gaming and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv 64239, Israel
Curr Psychiatry Rep 14:590-7. 2012
..This paper reviews new findings, trends, and developments in the field. The paper is based on a literature search, in Medline and PUBMED, using the keywords addictive gaming and ADHD, of articles published between 2000 and 2012...
- A pilot study on the effects of treatment with acamprosate on craving for alcohol in alcohol-dependent patients
Psychopharmacology Unit, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, UK
Addict Biol 8:229-32. 2003
..Our results suggest that acamprosate may play a role in reduction of craving for alcohol after 6 weeks of treatment...
- Pharmacological treatment of cannabis dependence
A M Weinstein
Department of Medical Biophysics and Nuclear Medicine, Hadassah Medical Organization, EinKerem, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Curr Pharm Des 17:1351-8. 2011
..Controlled clinical trials are needed to evaluate the clinical efficacy of these medications and to validate the laboratory models being used to study candidate medications...
- Functional connectivity analysis of the neural circuits of opiate craving: "more" rather than "different"?
Mark R C Daglish
Psychopharmacology Unit, University of Bristol, UK
Neuroimage 20:1964-70. 2003
..This argues that neural circuits of dependence and craving are not specific "craving" or "addiction" brain regions but are "normal" circuits activated to a greater degree...