- Internet addiction or excessive internet use
Hadassah Medical Organization, Ein Kerem, Jerusalem, Israel
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 36:277-83. 2010
..It has, however, been proposed for inclusion in the next version of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorder (DSM)...
- Computer and video game addiction-a comparison between game users and non-game users
Aviv Malkiel Weinstein
Department of Medical Biophysics and Nuclear Medicine, Hadassah Hospital, Ein Kerem, Jerusalem, Israel
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 36:268-76. 2010
..It is not clear whether video game playing meets diagnostic criteria for Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition (DSM-IV)...
- Cognitive processing of drug-related stimuli: the role of memory and attention
Department of Medical Biophysics and Nuclear Medicine, Hadassah University Hospital, Ein Kerem, Jerusalem, Israel
J Psychopharmacol 20:850-9. 2006
..Future research is needed to ll gaps in our knowledge and lead to a more defined and articulated cognitive-behavioural model of drug dependence...
- Brain imaging study of the acute effects of Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) on attention and motor coordination in regular users of marijuana
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 196:119-31. 2008
..In both sessions, a virtual reality maze task was performed during the FDG uptake period...
- Emerging association between addictive gaming and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv 64239, Israel
Curr Psychiatry Rep 14:590-7. 2012
..This paper reviews new findings, trends, and developments in the field. The paper is based on a literature search, in Medline and PUBMED, using the keywords addictive gaming and ADHD, of articles published between 2000 and 2012...
- A pilot study on the effects of treatment with acamprosate on craving for alcohol in alcohol-dependent patients
Psychopharmacology Unit, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, UK
Addict Biol 8:229-32. 2003
..Our results suggest that acamprosate may play a role in reduction of craving for alcohol after 6 weeks of treatment...
- Pharmacological treatment of cannabis dependence
A M Weinstein
Department of Medical Biophysics and Nuclear Medicine, Hadassah Medical Organization, EinKerem, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Curr Pharm Des 17:1351-8. 2011
..Controlled clinical trials are needed to evaluate the clinical efficacy of these medications and to validate the laboratory models being used to study candidate medications...
- Functional connectivity analysis of the neural circuits of opiate craving: "more" rather than "different"?
Mark R C Daglish
Psychopharmacology Unit, University of Bristol, UK
Neuroimage 20:1964-70. 2003
..This argues that neural circuits of dependence and craving are not specific "craving" or "addiction" brain regions but are "normal" circuits activated to a greater degree...