- Early intervention in schizophrenia: a critique
Mental Health Center of Boulder County, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, USA
Epidemiol Psichiatr Soc 11:248-55. 2002
..Two forms of early intervention in psychosis are currently being proposed--intervention before the onset of illness with at-risk individuals and intervention after the onset of psychosis...
- Implementing local projects to reduce the stigma of mental illness
Epidemiol Psichiatr Soc 17:20-5. 2008
..The involvement of consumers is important in working with police officers. Project organizers should be on the lookout for useful changes that can become permanent...
- Local projects of the world psychiatric association programme to reduce stigma and discrimination
Mental Health Center of Boulder County, 1333 Iris Avenue, Boulder, CO 80304, USA
Psychiatr Serv 56:570-5. 2005
..Projects such as these can be effective in reducing stigma and can be relatively inexpensive...
- Problems with early and very early intervention in psychosis
University of Colorado, and Mental Health Center of Boulder County, 1333 Iris Avenue, Boulder, CO 80304, USA
Br J Psychiatry Suppl 48:s104-7. 2005
..These risks include unnecessary fear of illness, restriction of life goals, use of medication and their side-effects...
- An update on affirmative businesses or social firms for people with mental illness
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado, 4200 East 9th Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:1488-92. 2006
..Social firms can empower individual employees, foster a sense of community in the workplace, and enhance worker commitment through the organization's social mission...
- Recovery from schizophrenia and the recovery model
University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, USA
Curr Opin Psychiatry 22:374-80. 2009
..The model is influencing service development around the world. This review will assess whether optimism about outcome from serious mental illness and other tenets of the recovery model are borne out by recent research...
- Invited commentary on . . . Ethnic variations in pathways into early intervention services for psychosis
Colorado Recovery, Boulder, CO 80304, USA
Br J Psychiatry 202:284-5. 2013
..I question this view and argue that DUP does not predict outcome but rather that mode of onset of psychosis predicts DUP and outcome...
- Early intervention in schizophrenia: points of agreement
Mental Health Center of Boulder County, Boulder, 1333 Iris Avenue, Boulder, CO 80304, USA
Epidemiol Psichiatr Soc 11:256-7. 2002
- The application of cognitive-behavioral therapy for psychosis in clinical and research settings
Psychological Therapies and Primary Care, Norfolk and Waveney Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust, Community Resource Centre, Northgate Hospital, Great Yarmouth NR30 1BU, United Kingdom
Psychiatr Serv 58:1297-302. 2007
..This study compared the practice of cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) for psychosis across research and routine clinical settings...
- Prevalence of common mental disorders in Italy: results from the European Study of the Epidemiology of Mental Disorders (ESEMeD)
Giovanni de Girolamo
Department of Mental Health, Azienda USL di Bologna, Viale Pepoli, 5, 40123, Bologna, Italy
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 41:853-61. 2006
..To present 1-month, 12-month and lifetime prevalence estimates of mood, anxiety and alcohol disorders in Italy; and the socio-demographic correlates and comorbidity patterns of these estimated disorders...
- Consensus on early intervention in schizophrenia
Patrick D McGorry
Schizophr Bull 28:543-4. 2002
- Attitudes about schizophrenia from the pilot site of the WPA worldwide campaign against the stigma of schizophrenia
Angus H Thompson
Dept of Psychiatry and Department of Public Health Sciences, 13 103 Clinical Sciences Building, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2G3, Canada
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 37:475-82. 2002
..The aim of these surveys was to aid in the planning and evaluation of the WPA anti-stigma initiative in Alberta, Canada...