- Outcome for people with schizophrenia before and after Medicaid capitation at a community agency in Colorado
Mental Health Center of Boulder County, Boulder, Colorado 80304, USA
Psychiatr Serv 49:802-7. 1998
- Early intervention in schizophrenia: points of agreement
Mental Health Center of Boulder County, Boulder, 1333 Iris Avenue, Boulder, CO 80304, USA
Epidemiol Psichiatr Soc 11:256-7. 2002
- Early intervention in schizophrenia: a critique
Mental Health Center of Boulder County, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, USA
Epidemiol Psichiatr Soc 11:248-55. 2002
..Two forms of early intervention in psychosis are currently being proposed--intervention before the onset of illness with at-risk individuals and intervention after the onset of psychosis...
- The prevention of schizophrenia: what interventions are safe and effective?
Mental Health Center of Boulder County, Boulder, CO 80304, USA
Schizophr Bull 27:551-62. 2001
..Early intervention with people who have developed the full schizophrenia syndrome is likely to have few negative effects and may yield benefits, although it is not yet clear that it will...
- An evaluation of the impact of clubhouse membership on quality of life and treatment utilization
Mental Health Center of Boulder County, Boulder, Colorado, USA
Int J Soc Psychiatry 45:310-20. 1999
..When the two groups were disaggregated for employment status the group with least treatment utilization and lowest costs was the employed clubhouse group...
- Schizophrenia and the environment: speculative interventions
Mental Health Center of Boulder County, CO 80304, USA
Epidemiol Psichiatr Soc 8:19-34. 1999
- The emics and etics of quality of life assessment
Mental Health Center of Boulder County, CO 80302, USA
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 34:117-21. 1999
..Emic data, in anthropology, deal with distinctions that are real and significant to natives of the culture, while etic statements depend on distinctions judged appropriate by scientific observers...
- Recovery from schizophrenia and the recovery model
University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, USA
Curr Opin Psychiatry 22:374-80. 2009
..The model is influencing service development around the world. This review will assess whether optimism about outcome from serious mental illness and other tenets of the recovery model are borne out by recent research...
- Problems with early and very early intervention in psychosis
University of Colorado, and Mental Health Center of Boulder County, 1333 Iris Avenue, Boulder, CO 80304, USA
Br J Psychiatry Suppl 48:s104-7. 2005
..These risks include unnecessary fear of illness, restriction of life goals, use of medication and their side-effects...
- An update on affirmative businesses or social firms for people with mental illness
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado, 4200 East 9th Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:1488-92. 2006
..Social firms can empower individual employees, foster a sense of community in the workplace, and enhance worker commitment through the organization's social mission...
- Invited commentary on . . . Ethnic variations in pathways into early intervention services for psychosis
Colorado Recovery, Boulder, CO 80304, USA
Br J Psychiatry 202:284-5. 2013
..I question this view and argue that DUP does not predict outcome but rather that mode of onset of psychosis predicts DUP and outcome...
- How much of the burden of schizophrenia is alleviated by treatment?
Br J Psychiatry 183:375-6. 2003
- Attitudes about schizophrenia from the pilot site of the WPA worldwide campaign against the stigma of schizophrenia
Angus H Thompson
Dept of Psychiatry and Department of Public Health Sciences, 13 103 Clinical Sciences Building, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2G3, Canada
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 37:475-82. 2002
..The aim of these surveys was to aid in the planning and evaluation of the WPA anti-stigma initiative in Alberta, Canada...
- Limitations of the Bonn Scale for the Assessment of Basic Symptoms as a screening measure
Arch Gen Psychiatry 59:470-1; author reply 471. 2002
- Consensus on early intervention in schizophrenia
Patrick D McGorry
Schizophr Bull 28:543-4. 2002