- Switch from efavirenz to nevirapine associated with resolution of efavirenz-related neuropsychiatric adverse events and improvement in lipid profiles
Douglas J Ward
Dupont Circle Physicians Group, 1737 20th Street NW, Washington, DC 20009, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 20:542-8. 2006
- Prevalence and clinical correlates of HIV viremia ('blips') in patients with previous suppression below the limits of quantification
Peter A Sklar
Division of Infectious Dieseases, George Washington university and Dupont Circle Physicians Group, Washington, DC, USA
AIDS 16:2035-41. 2002
..To examine the prevalence and clinical correlates of subsequently measurable viremia in HIV-infected patients who have achieved viral suppression below the limits of quantification (< 50 copies/ml)...
- Incidence of and risk factors for lipoatrophy (abnormal fat loss) in ambulatory HIV-1-infected patients
Kenneth A Lichtenstein
Rose Medical Center, Unviersity of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80220, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 32:48-56. 2003
..Some host factors and factors associated with previous or current severity of HIV infection, especially CD4 T-lymphocyte cell count, appeared to have the strongest association with incidence of lipoatrophy...
- Incidence of types of cancer among HIV-infected persons compared with the general population in the United States, 1992-2003
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Emory University, and Northrop Grumman Information Technology, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Ann Intern Med 148:728-36. 2008
..Persons who are HIV-infected may be at higher risk for certain types of cancer than the general population...
- Persistence of HIV in gut-associated lymphoid tissue despite long-term antiretroviral therapy
Tae Wook Chun
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Infect Dis 197:714-20. 2008
- Treatment response to ritonavir-boosted tipranavir versus ritonavir-boosted lopinavir in HIV-1 patients with higher lopinavir mutation scores
Sharon L Walmsley
Toronto General Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
AIDS 21:2245-8. 2007
..Tipranavir/ritonavir therapy improves treatment response rates compared with lopinavir/ritonavir in patients whose viruses have reduced susceptibility to lopinavir/ritonavir...
- Preliminary safety and efficacy data of brecanavir, a novel HIV-1 protease inhibitor: 24 week data from study HPR10006
Jacob P Lalezari
Quest Clinical Research, Department of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:170-4. 2007
..10-fold more potent than the recently marketed PI, darunavir...
- Pilot study of once-daily simplification therapy with abacavir/lamivudine/zidovudine and efavirenz for treatment of HIV-1 infection
Private Practice, Los Angeles, California, USA
HIV Clin Trials 7:229-36. 2006
- Protease inhibitors and cardiovascular outcomes in patients with HIV-1
Scott D Holmberg
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV, STD and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Lancet 360:1747-8. 2002
..5, 0.9-47.8). Our findings suggest that, although infrequent, use of protease inhibitors is associated with increased risk of myocardial infarction in patients with HIV-1...
- HIV-infected individuals receiving effective antiviral therapy for extended periods of time continually replenish their viral reservoir
Tae Wook Chun
Laboratory of Immunoregulation, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Clin Invest 115:3250-5. 2005
..Such events may allow continual replenishment of the CD4+ T cell reservoir and resetting of the half-life of the latently infected, resting CD4+ T cells despite prolonged periods of aviremia...
- Lack of recurrence of hyperlactatemia in HIV-infected patients switched from stavudine to abacavir or zidovudine
J Tyler Lonergan
Department of Medicine, Owen Clinic University of California at San Diego Medical Center, 92103, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 36:935-42. 2004
- Improvement in lipoatrophy associated with highly active antiretroviral therapy in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients switched from stavudine to abacavir or zidovudine: the results of the TARHEEL study
Grace A McComsey
Case Western Reserve, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Clin Infect Dis 38:263-70. 2004
..HIV suppression was maintained over the study period. In conclusion, replacing stavudine with abacavir or zidovudine resulted in improvement in stavudine-induced lipoatrophy...
- Rates of hospitalizations and associated diagnoses in a large multisite cohort of HIV patients in the United States, 1994-2005
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
AIDS 22:1345-54. 2008
..To assess temporal trends in the rates of hospitalizations and associated diagnoses among HIV-infected patients before and during the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy...