- Pelvic floor disorders and quality of life in women with self-reported irritable bowel syndrome
Department of Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 31:424-31. 2010
..Quality of life among women with irritable bowel syndrome may be affected by pelvic floor disorders...
- Co-transfection of MRP and bcl-2 antisense S-oligodeoxynucleotides reduces drug resistance in cisplatin-resistant lung cancer cells
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Oncology, Beijing Medical University, Beijing 100036, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 113:957-60. 2000
- Hepatic angiomyolipoma: a clinicopathologic study of 10 cases
Department of Pathology, Zhongshan Hospital, Shanghai Medical University, Shanghai 200032, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 114:280-5. 2001
..To study the clinicopathologic features of hepatic angiomyolipoma (AML) and to investigate the feasibility of a new antibody-A103 as a diagnostic aid for AML...
- Telomerase activity and expression of the telomerase catalytic subunit gene in non-small cell lung cancer: correlation with decreased apoptosis and clinical prognosis
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Oncology, Beijing University, Beijing 100036, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 113:985-90. 2000
- Stiff skin syndrome
Department of Dermatology, Second Hospital of Xian Jiaotong University, 157 Xiwu Road, Xi an, Shaanxi Province, China
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 20:729-32. 2006
..Many heterogeneous cases have been reported under the name of stiff skin syndrome. We present a case of stiff skin syndrome from China, the diagnosis based on the patient's typical clinical and histopathological features...
- Administration of plasmid DNA expressing human interleukin-6 significantly improves thrombocytopoiesis in irradiated mice
Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, China
Ann Hematol 80:567-72. 2001
- Immune privilege induced by cotransplantation of islet and allogeneic testicular cells
Department of Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University of Medical Sciences, Guangzhou 510080, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 114:1026-9. 2001
..To induce islet allograft long-term survival through cotransplantation of islet cells with sertoli cells...
- Strain selection of Metarrhizium anisopliae by image analysis of colony morphology for consistency of steroid biotransformation
Department of Chemistry, Tianjin University, Tianjin PR China
Biotechnol Bioeng 75:53-62. 2001
..Compared with conventional strain selection methods, this new method has the advantage of less subjectivity, reduced labor and time, and improved ability to deal with a large number of colonies...
- Postoperative transhepatic arterial chemoembolization and portal vein chemotherapy for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma: a randomized study with 131 cases
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Cancer Hospital of Tianjin Medical University, Huanhu Western Road, Hexi District, Tianjin 300060, PR China
Dig Surg 23:235-40. 2006
- Antifungal activity of 25-azalanosterol against Candida species
College of Life Science and Technology, Shanxi University, Taiyuan, 030006, People s Republic of China
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 27:1131-6. 2008
..albicans. Thus, 25-azalanosterol, as an inhibitor of the growth of C. albicans in vitro, may have considerable potential as a new class of anti-Candida agent that lacks toxic side effects in the mammalian host...
- Sex-associated differences in survival of patients undergoing resection for lung cancer
M K Ferguson
Department of Surgery, The University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 69:245-9; discussion 249-50. 2000
..The increasing incidence of lung cancer among women prompted us to assess whether sex-associated differences exist in the presentation and survival of patients who undergo major lung resection for lung cancer...
- CD8 T cell-mediated rejection of intestinal allografts is resistant to inhibition of the CD40/CD154 costimulatory pathway
Department of Surgery, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Transplantation 71:1351-4. 2001
..Disruption of the CD40/CD154 pathway inhibits rejection in numerous models. The importance of this pathway on intestinal allograft rejection was examined in this study...
- Role of K(+) channel expression in polyamine-dependent intestinal epithelial cell migration
J Y Wang
Department of Surgery, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 278:C303-14. 2000
..1 channel expression. The subsequent membrane hyperpolarization raises [Ca(2+)](cyt) by increasing the driving force (the electrochemical gradient) for Ca(2+) influx and thus stimulates cell migration...
- Neuroimmune interactions: potential target for mitigating or treating intestinal radiation injury
Department of Surgery, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Br J Radiol 80:S41-8. 2007
..These data are not only applicable to radiation therapy, but also to intestinal injury in a radiological terrorism scenario...
- A model utilizing adult murine stem cells for creation of personalized islets for transplantation
Department of Surgery, Transplantation and Stem Cell Laboratories, School of Medicine University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599 7052, USA
Transplant Proc 36:1188-90. 2004
..Although several technical problems remain with the mouse model, namely, the difficulty to collect enough islets from a single mouse because of animal size, the mouse isograft model is suitable for personalized islet development...
- Osteonecrosis of the jaws associated with cancer chemotherapy
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of California-San Francisco, 521 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143-0440, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 61:1104-7. 2003
- Low density lipoprotein receptor-negative mice expressing human apolipoprotein B-100 develop complex atherosclerotic lesions on a chow diet: no accentuation by apolipoprotein(a)
D A Sanan
The Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:4544-9. 1998
..We found no evidence that apo(a) increased atherosclerosis in this animal model...
- Morphine directs T cells toward T(H2) differentiation
Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota, The Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Surgery 130:304-9. 2001
..CONCLUSIONS: We conclude that morphine treatment promotes T(H2) differentiation through a mu-opioid receptor mechanism and that morphine treatment increases IL-4 transcription, in part, through an NFAT mechanism...
- Impaired hepatocyte glucose transport protein (GLUT2) internalization in chronic pancreatitis
J D Nathan
Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520-8062, USA
Pancreas 22:172-8. 2001
..The feeding-induced internalization of GLUT2 is absent in livers from rats with CP and may play a role in the glucose intolerance associated with CP...
- A genetic defect in beta-cell gene expression segregates independently from the fa locus in the ZDF rat
S C Griffen
Hormone Research Institute, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Diabetes 50:63-8. 2001
..The genetic reduction in beta-cell gene transcription in homozygous animals likely contributes to the development of diabetes in the setting of insulin resistance...
- cDNA cloning and sequencing, gene expression, and immunolocalization of thrombomodulin in the Sprague-Dawley rat
Department of Surgery, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and John L McClellan VAMC, Little Rock 72205, USA
DNA Res 6:57-62. 1999
..The alveolar capillaries of lung showed the strongest immunoreactivity, whereas the endothelium of hepatic sinusoids and cerebral cortex were virtually negative...
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of anti-IgE for chronic rhinosinusitis
J M Pinto
Department of Surgery, Section of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Rhinology 48:318-24. 2010
..We conclude that IgE plays, at most, a small role in the mucosal inflammation of CRS and the symptoms. Placebo controlled, blinded studies with larger enrollment are needed to determine the clinical significance of any potential change...