- The association between PPP1R3 gene polymorphisms and type 2 diabetes mellitus
Department of Endocrinology, Third Affiliated Hospital of Beijing University, Beijing 100083, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 114:1258-62. 2001
..To detect the relationship between the polymorphism of the glycogen-targeting regulatory subunit of the skeletal muscle glycogen-associated protein phosphatase 1 (PPP1R3) gene and type 2 diabetes by case-control study...
- [Relationship between blood lipid level and apolipoprotein E gene polymorphism in offspring from longevity and non-longevity families]
Institute for Child and Adolescent Health, Beijing Medical University, Beijing 100083, China
Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi 34:159-61. 2000
..To study relationship between genetic factor and level of blood lipid...
- Response to pioglitazone treatment is associated with the lipoprotein lipase S447X variant in subjects with type 2 diabetes mellitus
Department of Endocrinology, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing, China
Int J Clin Pract 61:552-7. 2007
..Moreover, pioglitazone treatment has significantly beneficial effects on serum lipid profile and blood pressure in S447S genotype carriers. The S447X variant in LPL gene may be a cause for therapy modification by pioglitazone...
- Apolipoprotein E gene polymorphism and its association with human longevity in the Uygur nationality in Xinjiang
Department of Pediatrics, Third Teaching Hospital of Peking University, Beijing 100083, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 114:817-20. 2001
..To study the relationship between apoE alleles and life-span...
- A 3.9-kb DNA region of Xanthomonas campestris pv. campestris that is necessary for lipopolysaccharide production encodes a set of enzymes involved in the synthesis of dTDP-rhamnose
Lehrstuhl fur Genetik, Universitat Bielefeld, Germany
J Bacteriol 175:7786-92. 1993
- Gene-gene interaction between FGF20 and MAOB in Parkinson disease
Center for Genetic Epidemiology and Statistical Genetics, and Miami Institute for Human Genomics, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Ann Hum Genet 72:157-62. 2008
- Structural analysis and lipid-binding properties of recombinant human surfactant protein a derived from one or both genes
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology I, Complutense University of Madrid, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Biochemistry 41:14041-53. 2002
..The presence of SP-A1 polypeptide chains in coexpressed products modulates functional capabilities of SP-A, which depend on both the collagen and globular domains...
- A cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor (p21(WAF1/CIP1)) affects thymidine incorporation in human liver cancer cells
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Br J Cancer 86:625-9. 2002
..These results suggest that: (a) p21(WAF1/CIP1) involved in DNA synthesis of human liver cancer cells; (b) p21(WAF1/CIP1) could be a target gene for the treatment of human hepatocellular carcinoma...
- [The polymorphism of (CAG)n repeats within androgen receptor gene among Chinese male population]
Department of Pathophysiology, The Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, 200433 P R China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 18:456-8. 2001
..To investigate the polymorphism of (CAG)n repeats within androgen receptor (AR) gene among normal Chinese male population...
- Homogeneous time-resolved fluorescence DNA hybridization assay by DNA-mediated formation of an EDTA-Eu(III)-beta-diketonate ternary complex
Department of Chemistry, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou 730001, China
Anal Biochem 299:169-72. 2001
..In the absence of the target DNA, due to the poor stability of bidentate beta-diketonate-Eu(3+) complex in very diluted solution, only a small amount of ternary fluorescence complex was formed...
- Surfactant protein gene A, B, and D marker alleles in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease of a Mexican population
Dept of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey 17033, USA
Eur Respir J 18:482-90. 2001
..These observations should now be confirmed in a larger study, designed according to strict epidemiological criteria...
- Impact of genotypic variation of Borrelia burgdorferi sensu stricto on kinetics of dissemination and severity of disease in C3H/HeJ mice
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Department of Medicine, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York 10595, USA
Infect Immun 69:4303-12. 2001
..burgdorferi, suggesting that genotypic differences in the infecting spirochetes play a key role in the pathogenesis and development of clinical disease...
- Homocysteine induces monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expression by activating NF-kappaB in THP-1 macrophages
Department of Pharmacology and Institute of Cardiovascular Science and Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 280:H2840-7. 2001
..In conclusion, our results demonstrate that homocysteine, at pathological concentration, stimulates MCP-1 expression in THP-1 macrophages via NF-kappaB activation...
- Human SP-A protein variants derived from one or both genes stimulate TNF-alpha production in the THP-1 cell line
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 278:L946-54. 2000
..These data suggest that the SP-A-induced increases in TNF-alpha levels differ among SP-A variants and appear to be affected by SP-A genotype and whether SP-A is derived from one or both genes...
- Polygalacturonase and polygalacturonase inhibitor protein: gene isolation and transcription in Glycine max-Heterodera glycines interactions
Genetics Program, Clemson University, SC 29634, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 12:490-8. 1999
..Thus, the up-regulation of endogenous PG transcription in soybean roots early after SCN infection could facilitate successful parasitism by SCN...
- Functional domains of the Rsp5 ubiquitin-protein ligase
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey 08855 1059, USA
Mol Cell Biol 19:342-52. 1999
..In addition, we show that haploid yeast strains bearing complete disruptions of either of two other hect E3 genes of yeast, designated HUL4 (YJR036C) and HUL5 (YGL141W), are viable...
- HIV type 1 subtypes, coreceptor usage, and CCR5 polymorphism
The Aaron Diamond AIDS Research Center, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10016, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 13:1357-66. 1997
..Therefore, the uneven worldwide distribution of HIV-1 subtypes is more likely the result of stochastic dissemination...
- Urinary mRNA expression of ACE and ACE2 in human type 2 diabetic nephropathy
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong, China
Diabetologia 51:1062-7. 2008
..In the present study, we measured urinary mRNA expression of ACE and ACE2 in patients with type 2 diabetic nephropathy...