- Remodeling of the spine in spondylodiscitis of children at the age of 3 years or younger
Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, Remigius Hospital, An St Remigius 26, 51379 Leverkusen Opladen, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 127:403-7. 2007
..MRI is the tool of choice to set the diagnosis early. With an adequate and early therapy of bracing (body-plaster-cast), antibiotics and clinical monitoring good long-term result without spine instability or deformity can be achieved...
- Minimally invasive osteotomy for symptomatic bunionette deformity is not advisable for severe deformities: a critical retrospective analysis of the results
Orthopaedic Department, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Foot Ankle Spec 5:91-6. 2012
..The best future option is to consider the classification of the deformity before a minimally invasive operation is to take place...
- Surgical treatment of AVN of the fibular (lateral) sesamoid
Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, Remigius Hospital, An St Remigius 26, D 51379 Leverkusen, Opladen, Germany
Foot Ankle Int 29:231-6. 2008
..Consideration by the surgeon should be given to protecting the neurovascular bundle and reattaching intrinsic tendons and ligaments if necessary. Satisfying results can be achieved by surgical removal...
- Mid- and long-term results of the joint preserving therapy of hallux rigidus
Orthopedic Department, Hannover Medical School, Anna von Borries Str 1 7, 30625, Hannover, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 130:165-70. 2010
..The aim of this prospective study was to analyze the long-term clinical outcome and patient satisfaction of joint preserving operative care in patients with symptomatic hallux rigidus...
- Taylor spatial frame in severe foot deformities using double osteotomy: technical approach and primary results
Orthopaedic Department, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Int Orthop 35:1489-95. 2011
..The treatment of severe foot deformities in children or adolescents is complex and demanding to the surgeon. This paper describes the technical strategy of using a Taylor spatial frame and reports on the functional outcome...
- [Tendinopathy of the tibialis anterior tendon : surgical management]
Department für Fuß und Sprunggelenkschirurgie, Orthopädische Klink der Medizinischen Hochschule Hannover im Annastift, Anna von Borries Straße 3, 30625, Hannover, Deutschland
Orthopade 40:630-2, 634. 2011
..The results showed a significant reduction of pain. Operative therapy should be considered in cases of failed conservative therapy...
- [A special soft tissue procedure for treatment of hallux valgus]
Orthopädische Klinik der Medizinischen Hochschule Hannover im Annastift, Anna von Borries Str 1 7, 30625, Hannover, Deutschland
Oper Orthop Traumatol 23:46-51. 2011
..Maintaining the corrected position of the first metatasophalangeal axis. Reducing postoperative stiffness by forgoing a medial capsular shift...
- Degrading magnesium screws ZEK100: biomechanical testing, degradation analysis and soft-tissue biocompatibility in a rabbit model
Small Animal Clinic, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Biomed Mater 8:045012. 2013
..In conclusion, ZEK100-screws seem to be inferior to MgCa0.8-screws, although their initial strength was more appropriate...
- Biodegradable magnesium-based screw clinically equivalent to titanium screw in hallux valgus surgery: short term results of the first prospective, randomized, controlled clinical pilot study
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Anna von Borries Str, 1 7, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Biomed Eng Online 12:62. 2013
..The aim of this prospective, randomized, clinical pilot trial was to determine if magnesium-based MgYREZr screws are equivalent to standard titanium screws for fixation during chevron osteotomy in patients with a mild hallux valgus...
- In vivo study of a biodegradable orthopedic screw (MgYREZr-alloy) in a rabbit model for up to 12 months
1Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
J Biomater Appl 28:667-75. 2014
..In summary, our data indicate that these magnesium-based screws containing rare earth elements have good biocompatibility and osteoconductivity without acute, subacute, or chronic toxicity. ..
- Biomechanical evaluation of a single-row versus double-row repair for complete subscapularis tears
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Anna von Borries Str 1 6, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 17:1477-84. 2009
..Therefore, this technique is recommended from a biomechanical point of view irrespectively if performed by an open or arthroscopic approach...
- Anatomical variations of the flexor hallucis longus and flexor digitorum longus in the chiasma plantare
Department for Orthopedic Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Foot Ankle Int 34:1580-7. 2013
..The purpose of this study was to integrate these conflicting results, introduce a thorough classification system, and analyze the position of the interconnections relative to the surgically relevant bone landmarks...
- Comparative in vitro study and biomechanical testing of two different magnesium alloys
1Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
J Biomater Appl 28:1264-73. 2014
..8 samples after 96 h of immersion. The surface of the ZEK100 plates exhibited only small areas of filiform corrosion. The results of this in vitro study indicate that the ZEK100 alloy may be more suitable for biomedical applications...
- Novel magnesium alloy Mg-2La caused no cytotoxic effects on cells in physiological conditions
Laboratory for Biomechanics and Biomaterials, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Anna von Borries Straße 1 7, 30625 Hannover, Germany CrossBIT, Center for Biocompatibility and Implant Immunology, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Feodor Lynen Str 31, 30625 Hannover Electronic address
Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl 41:267-73. 2014
..The results of these in vitro experiments suggest that Mg-2La is a promising candidate for use as an orthopedic implant material. ..
- Role of MRI in detection of morton's neuroma
Hannover Medical School, Orthopedic Department, Hannover, Germany
Foot Ankle Int 35:1002-5. 2014
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the diagnostic accuracy of routine magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) when compared to clinical examination for Morton's neuroma...
- Reduction of pullout strength caused by reinsertion of 3.5-mm cortical screws
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, UCSF SFGH Orthopaedic Trauma Institute, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
J Orthop Trauma 27:170-6. 2013
..5-mm self-tapping screws with up to 5 re-insertions in the diaphysis of the tibia, metaphysis of the distal tibia, calcaneus, and a polyurethane synthetic bone model...
- Digital stereophotogrammetry based on circular markers and zooming cameras: evaluation of a method for 3D analysis of small motions in orthopaedic research
Laboratory for Biomechanics and Biomaterials, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Germany
Biomed Eng Online 10:12. 2011
- Biomechanical characterisation of a degradable magnesium-based (MgCa0.8) screw
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hanover Medical School, Hanover, Germany
J Mater Sci Mater Med 23:649-55. 2012
..A maximum load capacity of 28 ± 7.6 N/h was determined. Our biomechanical data suggests that this biodegradable screw provides a promising bone-screw-fixation and has great potential for medical application...
- Core decompression and osteonecrosis intervention rod in osteonecrosis of the femoral head: clinical outcome and finite element analysis
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Anna von Borries Str 1 7, 30625, Hannover, Germany
Int Orthop 35:1461-6. 2011
..In conclusion, core decompression using small drill holes seems to be superior compared to the tantalum implant and to conventional core decompression...
- In vitro corrosion of ZEK100 plates in Hank's Balanced Salt Solution
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Anna von Borries Str, 1 7, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Biomed Eng Online 11:12. 2012
..Particularly in orthopedic research magnesium is interesting because of its mechanical properties close to those of natural bone, the prevention of both stress shielding and removal of the implant after surgery...
- Coracoclavicular ligament reconstruction: biomechanical comparison of tendon graft repairs to a synthetic double bundle augmentation
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 17:521-8. 2009
..Therefore the decision for a tendon graft should be made by the necessity of a biologic substrate rather than by the assumption of a biomechanical advantage...