- Predictors of the virological response to a change in the antiretroviral treatment regimen in HIV-1-infected patients enrolled in a randomized trial comparing genotyping, phenotyping and standard of care (Narval trial, ANRS 088)
INSERM EMI 0214, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 8:427-34. 2003
..To identify predictors of the virological response to antiretroviral therapy in patients in whom initial therapy has failed...
- Phenotypic or genotypic resistance testing for choosing antiretroviral therapy after treatment failure: a randomized trial
INSERM SC4, , Paris, France
AIDS 16:727-36. 2002
..022). CONCLUSIONS: Overall, resistance assays did not demonstrate benefit over standard of care. In patients with the most limited protease inhibitor experience, a significant benefit was observed in the genotyping arm...
- Poor efficacy and tolerability of stavudine, didanosine, and efavirenz-based regimen in treatment-naive patients in Senegal
Institut de Médecine et d Epidémiologie Appliquée, Bichat Claude Bernard Hospital, Paris, France
MedGenMed 9:7. 2007
..To study the effectiveness and tolerance of an antiretroviral therapy (ART) regimen composed of the antiretroviral agents (ARVs) stavudine (d4T) plus didanosine (ddI) plus efavirenz (EFV) in patients with advanced HIV infection in Senegal...
- Clinically relevant interpretation of genotype for resistance to abacavir
Department of Virology, Bichat Claude Bernard Hospital, Paris, France
AIDS 17:1795-802. 2003
..To develop a stepwise methodology for the development and validation of clinically relevant genotypic score for resistance to antiretroviral drugs and to apply this approach to the genotypic resistance to abacavir...
- Once-a-day highly active antiretroviral therapy in treatment-naive HIV-1-infected adults in Senegal
, Bichat Claude Bernard Hospital, Paris, France
AIDS 17:1017-22. 2003
..CONCLUSIONS: The once-daily regimen of didanosine, lamivudine and efavirenz was safe, easy-to-take and demonstrated strong antiretroviral and immunologic effects in African patients with advanced HIV infection...
- Factors associated with negative direct sputum examination in Asian and African HIV-infected patients with tuberculosis (ANRS 1260)
Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 6:e21212. 2011
..To identify factors associated with negative direct sputum examination among African and Cambodian patients co-infected by Mycobacterium tuberculosis and HIV...
- Comparative RNA quantification of HIV-1 group M and non-M with the Roche Cobas AmpliPrep/Cobas TaqMan HIV-1 v2.0 and Abbott Real-Time HIV-1 PCR assays
Jean Marie Sire
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hôpital Saint Louis AP HP, INSERM U941, Universite Paris Diderot, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 56:239-43. 2011
..A new version of the Roche Cobas AmpliPrep/Cobas TaqMan HIV-1 assay (CA/CTM v2.0) has been introduced to overcome the underquantification observed with the first version...
- Therapeutic immunization with a human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) type 1-recombinant canarypox vaccine in chronically HIV-infected patients: The Vacciter Study (ANRS 094)
, INSERM E0214, , Paris, France
Vaccine 23:4292-301. 2005
..Detection of such LPR response at the time of treatment interruption was significantly associated with the probability of remaining off therapy. These results provide rationale for future randomized trials exploring this strategy...
- Molecular epidemiology of hepatitis B virus in Dakar, Sénégal
Unité d Epidémiologie des Maladies Emergentes, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
J Med Virol 78:329-34. 2006
..These results underline the importance of molecular characterization of HBV infection as specific treatments become available in this region...
- Clinical trials and E-health: impact of new information technology applied to clinical trials (including source data-medical records) and to human and drug research
Jehan Michel Behier
Laboratoires MSD Chibret, Paris, France
Therapie 65:317-22, 309-15. 2010
..Finally, the impact of these new technologies on the investigator as well as the project manager was analysed...
- Low immune response to hepatitis B vaccine among children in Dakar, Senegal
Marie Anne Rey-Cuillé
Unité de Recherche et d Expertise en Epidémiologie des Maladies Emergentes, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e38153. 2012
..Field biological monitoring should be carried out regularly in resource-poor countries to check quality of the vaccine administered...
- Good clinical practice in developing countries: applying recommendations
Direction Accès au Médicament, Sanofi Aventis, Paris, France
Therapie 63:83-8, 77-82. 2008
- Predictors of pneumocystosis or tuberculosis in HIV-infected Asian patients with AFB smear-negative sputum pneumonia
Odile Le Minor
Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 48:620-7. 2008
..To identify predictors of Pneumocystis jiroveci pneumonia (PCP) or pulmonary tuberculosis (TB) in acid-fast bacillus smear-negative HIV-infected patients and to develop clinical prediction rules...
- [Results from the observational study EPIGRAM: management of excess weight in general practice and follow-up of patients treated with orlistat]
Institut Pasteur, Bâtiment Laveran, Paris, France
Therapie 60:17-24. 2005
..The treatment cost was the main reason for definitive treatment discontinuation for more than 50% of the patients. The average weight loss was 5% and 9% after 3 and 12 months of treatment, respectively...
- Plasma virion reverse transcriptase activity and heat dissociation-boosted p24 assay for HIV load in Burkina Faso, West Africa
Jean Pierre Lombart
, Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
AIDS 19:1273-7. 2005
..HDB-p24 use requires further evaluation before being considered as an alternative method in African HIV-infected patient follow up...
- Virological responses to atazanavir-ritonavir-based regimens: resistance-substitutions score and pharmacokinetic parameters (Reyaphar study)
Department of Virology, Bordeaux University Hospital, Bordeaux, France
Antivir Ther 11:421-9. 2006
- Evaluation of the Roche Cobas TaqMan and Abbott RealTime extraction-quantification systems for HIV-1 subtypes
Laboratoire de Virologie, Equipe d accueil 2656, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Charles Nicolle, 1 rue de Germont, 76031 Rouen, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 44:500-5. 2007
..We also tested 88 plasma samples from patients infected with HIV-1 group M (B-D [n = 7], A-CRF01 [n = 16], CRF02 [n = 49], and other strains [n = 16])...
- Identification of hepatitis B virus subgenotype A3 in rural Gabon
Laboratoire de Retrovirologie, Centre International de Recherches Medicales, CIRMF, Franceville, Gabon
J Med Virol 78:1175-84. 2006
..Two full genome sequences of two new Gabonese HBV isolates are also presented and confirm the distinctive HBV-Gab-A3 cluster...