- Preparation of crotaline F-ab antivenom (CroFab) with automated mixing methods: in vitro observations
Emergency Medicine, Olive View Medical Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Sylmar, CA, USA
Clin Toxicol (Phila) 47:69-71. 2009
..We compared automated methods for driving the product into solution with the standard manual method of reconstitution, and the effect of repeated rinsing of the product vial, on the per-vial availability of antivenom...
- Circus Venomous: an interactive tool for toxinology education
UCSF Fresno Medical Center, Fresno, CA, USA
Toxicon 69:126-30. 2013
..We share our experiences using a new toolkit for educating a diverse array of clinicians, students, and wilderness medicine enthusiasts...
- Chlorine-related inhalation injury from a swimming pool disinfectant in a 9-year-old girl
Department of Emergency Medicine, Division of Medical Toxicoloy, University of California and California Poison Control System, San Diego Division, San Diego, CA, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 22:254-7. 2006
..We discuss the pathophysiology, symptoms, therapy, and long-term follow-up of chlorine inhalation injuries...
- The poison pen: bedside diagnosis of urinary diquat
Department of Emergency Medicine, UCSF Fresno Medical Center, 155 N Fresno Drive, Fresno, CA 93701, USA
J Med Toxicol 6:35-6. 2010
..73 to 730 mg/L. This colorimetric effect disappeared after 30 min. The sodium bicarbonate/dithionite test may be useful as a qualitative bedside technique for the detection of urinary diquat in the appropriate clinical setting...
- CroFab reconstitution in various media: an in vitro solubility study
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Emergency Medicine, Olive View Medical Center, Sylmar, CA, USA
Clin Toxicol (Phila) 46:808-10. 2008
..Brentwood, TN, USA) in solutions not listed in the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved product package insert. We also assessed whether adsorption to plastic tubing occurs with CroFab preparations...
- A pilot study of occupational envenomations in North American zoos and aquaria
Department of Emergency Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Olive View Medical Center, Sylmar, CA, USA
Clin Toxicol (Phila) 46:790-3. 2008
..To characterize occupational envenomations from exotic and native creatures, we surveyed North American zoos and aquaria...
- Fasciculations after rattlesnake envenomations: a retrospective statewide poison control system study
Department of Emergency Medicine, Olive View UCLA Medical Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Sylmar, California, USA
Clin Toxicol (Phila) 46:117-21. 2008
..Rattlesnake envenomation occasionally results in repetitive small-muscle fasciculations known as myokymia. We report the results of a retrospective inquiry of this phenomenon from a statewide poison center's database...
- Snakebite Survivors Club: retrospective review of rattlesnake bites in Central California
University of California, San Francisco Fresno, Department of Emergency Medicine, 155 N Fresno Street Suite 206, Fresno, CA 93701, USA
Toxicon 69:38-41. 2013
..We investigated clinical patterns of crotaline envenomation presenting to a tertiary-care academic hospital in Central California over a 10-year period...
- Splanchnic microcirculation protection by hydroxyethyl starches during abdominal aortic aneurysm surgery
Department of Vascular Surgery, University Hospital Birmingham NHS Trust, Selly Oak Hospital, Birmingham, B29 6JD, UK
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 37:319-25. 2009
..To specifically compare the effect of two hydroxyethyl starches (HES) on the splanchnic microcirculation and systemic inflammation during abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) surgery...
- High times, low sats: diffuse pulmonary infiltrates associated with chronic synthetic cannabinoid use
UCSF Fresno Medical Center, Fresno, CA, USA
J Med Toxicol 9:199-206. 2013
..In recent years, cases of severe adverse effects from recreational use of synthetic cannabinoids (SC) have established that these agents represent a novel toxicologic hazard...
- Salvia divinorum: exposures reported to a statewide poison control system over 10 years
Department of Emergency Medicine, Olive View UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Emerg Med 40:643-50. 2011
..Salvia is presently marketed as a "legal" alternative to other drugs of abuse, but little is known about the clinical toxicity of this substance...
- Nonbite exposures to rattlesnakes: a retrospective review from a statewide poison control system
Wilderness Environ Med 17:206. 2006