- Body mass index in 1.2 million adolescents and risk for end-stage renal disease
Israeli Defense Forces Medical Corps, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Arch Intern Med 172:1644-50. 2012
..We evaluated the association between BMI in adolescence and the risk for all-cause, diabetic, and nondiabetic ESRD...
- Association between acute lead exposure in indoor firing ranges and iron metabolism
Israel Defense Force, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 10:292-5. 2008
..Iron deficiency and lead poisoning are common and are often associated. This association has been suggested previously, mainly by retrospective cross-sectional studies...
- Congenital diaphragmatic hernia: 22 years experience in a single tertiary medical center
Safra Children s Hospital, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 10:880-3. 2008
..Over the last two decades, the epidemiology, treatment strategy and mortality rate for congenital diaphragmatic hernia have changed...
- Persistent asymptomatic isolated microscopic hematuria in Israeli adolescents and young adults and risk for end-stage renal disease
Israeli Defense Forces Medical Corps and Talpiot Medical Leadership Program, Edmond and Lily Safra Children s Hospital, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
JAMA 306:729-36. 2011
..Few data are available on long-term outcomes among adolescents and young adults with persistent asymptomatic isolated microscopic hematuria...
- Mortality risk factors associated with familial Mediterranean fever among a cohort of 1.25 million adolescents
Department of Medicine, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Ann Rheum Dis 73:704-9. 2014
..There are limited data on long-term comorbidities and mortality among patients with familial Mediterranean fever (FMF). Our objective was to evaluate comorbidities and death rates among individuals with FMF...
- Adolescent obesity and paternal country of origin predict renal cell carcinoma: a cohort study of 1.1 million 16 to 19-year-old males
Nephrology and Hypertension Institute, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Urol 189:25-9. 2013
..Early precursors of renal cancer remain unclear. We evaluated the association of body mass index and height determined in late adolescence, and paternal or grandpaternal country of origin with the risk of renal cell carcinoma...
- Hematuria and risk for end-stage kidney disease
aDepartment of Pediatrics, Talpiot Medical Leadership Program, Edmond and Lily Safra Children s Hospital, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer and Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv bHadassah Hebrew University Braun School of Public Health, Jerusalem cDepartment of Nephrology Rambam Healthcare Campus, Rappaport Faculty of Medicine and Research Institute, The Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 22:325-30. 2013
..This review focuses on the risk for subsequent end-stage kidney disease among young persons with persistent isolated microscopic hematuria...
- Overweight in adolescence is related to increased risk of future urothelial cancer
Medical Corps, Israeli Defense Force, Tel Aviv, Israel
Obesity (Silver Spring) 20:2445-50. 2012
..In view of the growing incidence of both urothelial cancer and adolescent obesity, our study suggests an avenue for possible prevention of urothelial cancer...