- Dislocation following total knee arthroplasty: A report of six cases
Department of Orthopedics, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
Indian J Orthop 44:438-43. 2010
..The incidence is from 0.15 to 0.5%. We report six cases of TKA dislocation and analyze the patterns of dislocation and the factors related to each of them...
- Massive acetabular bone loss: Limits of trabecular metal cages
Hospital General Universitary Gregorio Marañón, Madrid
Indian J Orthop 45:78-81. 2011
..The osteoconductive properties of trabecular metal enhanced allograft incorportation and iliac bone rebuilding without the need to fill the defect with multiple wedges nor protect the reconstruction with an antiprotrusio cage...
- Tantalum cones in revision total knee arthroplasty. A promising short-term result with 29 cones in 21 patients
Department of Traumatology and Orthopaedic Surgery, General University Hospital Gregorio Marañon, Madrid, Spain
J Arthroplasty 28:988-93. 2013
..They also provided the environment for bone graft osseointegration, repair of femoral fractures and effective interdigitation of cement mantle into the trabecular metal cone...
- Trends in incidence and outcomes of revision total hip arthroplasty in Spain: a population based study
Orthopedic Department, Hospital Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 13:37. 2012
..To analyze changes in incidence and outcomes of patients undergoing revision total hip arthroplasty (RTHA) over an 8-year study period in Spain...
- Trends in primary total hip arthroplasty in Spain from 2001 to 2008: evaluating changes in demographics, comorbidity, incidence rates, length of stay, costs and mortality
Preventive Medicine and Public Health Teaching and Research Unit, Department of Health Sciences, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid, Spain
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 12:43. 2011
..We aim to analyze changes in incidence, co-morbidity profile, length of hospital stay (LOHS), costs and in-hospital mortality (IHM) of patients undergoing primary total hip arthroplasty (THA) over an 8-year study period in Spain...
- Hand-made articulating spacers for infected total knee arthroplasty: a technical note
Department of Orthopaedics, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
Acta Orthop 77:329-32. 2006
..Further refinements for customization of articulating spacers have been attempted (Rand 1993, Goldman et al. 1996). We have found no reports describing a technique for making custom hand-made articulating spacers...
- A review of the treatment of pelvic discontinuity
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, , C Dr Esquerdo 46, 28007, Madrid, Spain
HSS J 4:128-37. 2008
..We review the options for treating patients with massive bone loss and pelvic discontinuity and discuss therapeutic options and the clinical and radiological criteria for success...
- Hand-made articulating spacers in two-stage revision for infected total knee arthroplasty: good outcome in 30 patients
Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
Acta Orthop 79:674-82. 2008
..The most reliable results when treating an infected total knee arthroplasty have been obtained with a two-stage reimplantation protocol. We have used a simple technique for hand-made spacers and now report the outcome...