- [spACE, the last frontier? Renin inhibition in hypertension]
Struttura Complessa di Nefrologia, Dialisi e Trapianto, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
G Ital Nefrol 25:274. 2008
- Effects and mechanisms of angiotensin II receptor blockade with telmisartan in a normotensive model of mesangioproliferative nephritis
Division of Nephrology, University Hospital RWTH Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:3131-43. 2011
..We examined the effect of low-dose telmisartan (LT) and high-dose telmisartan (HT) versus conventional antihypertensive therapy in the rat anti-Thy1.1 model of glomerulonephritis...
- Late angiotensin II receptor blockade in progressive rat mesangioproliferative glomerulonephritis: new insights into mechanisms
Division of Nephrology, RWTH Aachen University Hospital, Germany
J Pathol 229:672-84. 2013
..We identified down-regulation of platelet-derived growth factor receptors and CCR6 as potential mediators of telmisartan-related renoprotection. CCR6 may also regulate the renal outcome in human mesangioprolfierative glomerulonephritis...
- PDGF-C is a proinflammatory cytokine that mediates renal interstitial fibrosis
Division of Nephrology and Immunology, Rheinisch Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen, Aachen, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 19:281-9. 2008
- Mesenchymal stem cells prevent progressive experimental renal failure but maldifferentiate into glomerular adipocytes
Division of Nephrology, University Hospital RWTH Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, D 52057 Aachen, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:1754-64. 2007
..These data suggest that MSC treatment can be a valuable therapeutic approach only if adipogenic maldifferentiation is prevented...
- Induction of progressive glomerulonephritis by podocyte-specific overexpression of platelet-derived growth factor-D
Claudia R C van Roeyen
Division of Nephrology, RWTH Aachen University Hospital, Aachen, Germany
Kidney Int 80:1292-305. 2011
..Hence, podocyte-specific growth factor overexpression can induce paracrine mesangial cell proliferation upstream of the filtration flow...
- The peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-α agonist, BAY PP1, attenuates renal fibrosis in rats
Department of Clinical and Experimental Pharmacotherapy, Research Base of Slovak Medical University, Bratislava, Slovakia
Kidney Int 80:1182-97. 2011
..Hence, potent PPAR-α agonists might be useful in the treatment of renal fibrosis...
- Complement C5 mediates experimental tubulointerstitial fibrosis
Division of Nephrology, Rheinische Westfälische Technische Hochschule, University of Aachen, Aachen, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:1508-15. 2007
..Using a combined genetic and pharmacologic approach, C5, in particular C5a, is identified as a novel profibrotic factor in renal disease and as a potential new therapeutic target...
- PDGF-D inhibition by CR002 ameliorates tubulointerstitial fibrosis following experimental glomerulonephritis
Division of Nephrology, University Hospital Aachen, Pauwelsstr 30, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:1323-31. 2007
..Administration of the PDGF-D neutralizing fully human monoclonal antibody CR002 in the acute phase of progressive anti-Thy 1.1 glomerulonephritis reduced glomerular and secondary tubulointerstitial damage...
- The antifibrogenic effect of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) on renal tubular (HK-2) cells is dependent on cell growth
Unit of Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplantation, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Growth Factors 27:173-80. 2009
..Our results demonstrate that the proliferative state of target cells may influence the effects of HGF on extracellular matrix turnover in HK-2 cells...
- Different immunohistochemical and ultrastructural phenotypes of squamous differentiation in bladder cancer
Nadine T Gaisa
Institute of Pathology, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074, Aachen, Germany
Virchows Arch 458:301-12. 2011
..A staining pattern with CK 5/6- and CK 5/14-positivity plus CK 20- and uroplakin III-negativity identified squamous differentiation in bladder tumours and revealed a third type of squamous transdifferentiation...
- Modeling of binding modes and inhibition mechanism of some natural ligands of farnesyl transferase using molecular docking
Istituto di Chimica Farmaceutica e Tossicologica, University of Milan, Viale Abruzzi 42, I 20131 Milan, Italy
J Med Chem 45:1460-5. 2002