- Surgical hand antisepsis in veterinary practice: evaluation of soap scrubs and alcohol based rub techniques
Denis R Verwilghen
Equine Clinic, Department of Clinical Sciences of Companion Animals and Equids, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine of Liege, Bld de Colonster 20 B41, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Vet J 190:372-7. 2011
..The hydro-alcoholic rub showed good efficiency in the clinical trial and could be considered as a useful alternative method for veterinary surgical hand antisepsis...
- Investigation of the best suture pattern to close a stuffed Christmas turkey
Large Animal University Hospital, Swedish Faculty of Agriculture, Uppsala, Sweden
Vet Rec 169:685-6. 2011
..Using this technique you will be able to impress family and friends at a Christmas dinner, and finally show them your surgical skills...
- Presurgical hand antisepsis: concepts and current habits of veterinary surgeons
Department of Clinical Sciences of Companion Animals and Equids, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Vet Surg 40:515-21. 2011
..To assess current habits for surgical hand preparation among veterinary surgical specialists and to compare data with current guidelines for hand asepsis techniques...
- Relationship between arthroscopic joint evaluation and the levels of Coll2-1, Coll2-1NO(2), and myeloperoxidase in the blood and synovial fluid of horses affected with osteochondrosis of the tarsocrural joint
D R Verwilghen
Department of Companion Animals and Equids, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine of Liege, Sart Tilman B41, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 19:1323-9. 2011
- Meckel's diverticulum as a cause of colic: 2 cases with different morphological features
Equine Clinic, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine of Liege, Bld de Colonster 20 B41, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Tijdschr Diergeneeskd 135:452-5. 2010
..This congenital disorder should be considered as a reason for abdominal pain, even in the older horse, and should be included in the differential diagnosis of acute abdominal pain and recurrent moderate colic...
- Mandibular osteodistraction for correction of deep bite class II malocclusion in a horse
Equine and Small Animal Clinic, Department of Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Vet Surg 37:571-9. 2008
..To describe a technique for, and outcome after, mandibular osteodistraction in the horse...
- Relationship between biochemical markers and radiographic scores in the evaluation of the osteoarticular status of Warmblood stallions
Department of Clinical Sciences, Equine Clinic, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine of Liege, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
Res Vet Sci 87:319-28. 2009
..A high percentage of horses with distal interphalangeal joint effusion was present in this study and was associated with decreased IGF-I and increased Coll2-1 levels...
- Evaluation of a protocol for fast localised abdominal sonography of horses (FLASH) admitted for colic
Imaging Section, Department of Clinical Sciences of Companion Animals and Equids, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liege, Sart Tilman, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Vet J 188:77-82. 2011
..89% and 81.48%, respectively. The results suggested that FLASH is a technique that can be used in an emergency setting by veterinarians without extensive US experience to detect major intra-abdominal abnormalities in horses with colic...
- Ultrasonographic findings in horses with foot pain but without radiographically detectable osseous abnormalities
Diagnostic Imaging Section, University Veterinary Clinic, University of Liege, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 52:95-102. 2011
..The other 36 horses had ultrasonographic abnormalities in more than one anatomical structure. Based on our results, ultrasonographic examination provides useful diagnostic information in horses without radiographic changes...
- European outbreak of atypical myopathy in the autumn 2009
Gaby van Galen
Equine Teaching Hospital, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Liege University, Liege, Belgium
J Vet Emerg Crit Care (San Antonio) 20:528-32. 2010
..In the beginning of October 2009, a new outbreak occurred in several European countries. Geographic, demographic and clinical data of the reported cases in the month October 2009 are described...