- Detecting fluorescent protein expression and co-localisation on single secretory vesicles with linear spectral unmixing
Molecular and Cellular Biophysics of Synaptic Transmission, Laboratory of Neurophysiology and New Microscopies, INSERM U603, CNRS FRE 2500, Universite Rene Descartes Paris 5, 45 Rue des Saints Peres, 75 006, Paris, France
Eur Biophys J 35:533-47. 2006
..Our technique provides a robust alternative to error-prone dual- or triple colour co-localisation studies...
- Changes in cortical plasticity across the lifespan
Berenson Allen Center for Noninvasive Brain Stimulation, Division of Cognitive Neurology, Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School Boston, MA, USA
Front Aging Neurosci 3:5. 2011
..This may critically contribute to motor and possibly cognitive decline...
- Medio-lateral postural instability in subjects with tinnitus
IRIS Group, UMR 8194, CNRS, Service d Ophtalmologie, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris Paris, France
Front Neurol 2:35. 2011
..Such abnormalities would be accentuated in left tinnitus because of the importance of the right cerebral cortex in processing both auditory-tinnitus eye position and attention...
- Characterizing brain cortical plasticity and network dynamics across the age-span in health and disease with TMS-EEG and TMS-fMRI
Berenson Allen Center for Noninvasive Brain Stimulation, Division of Cognitive Neurology, Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Brain Topogr 24:302-15. 2011
..Furthermore, aberrant, excessive, insufficient, or mistimed plasticity may represent the proximal pathogenic cause of neurodevelopmental and neurodegenerative disorders such as autism spectrum disorders or Alzheimer's disease...
- Different effects of double-pulse TMS of the posterior parietal cortex on reflexive and voluntary saccades
IRIS Group, Centre d Etudes SensoriMotrices, UMR8194, CNRS, Service d Ophtalmologie, Hôpital Européen Georges Pompidou Paris, France
Front Hum Neurosci 5:114. 2011
..memory-guided and perhaps the controlled saccades in the overlap task The results have theoretical and clinical significance as gap-overlap tasks are easy to perform even in advanced age and in patients with neurodegenerative diseases...
- The Pupil Reflects Motor Preparation for Saccades - Even before the Eye Starts to Move
IRIS Group, Physiopathology of Binocular Motor Control and Vision, CNRS UMR8194, University Paris V, European Hospital Georges Pompidou Paris, France
Front Hum Neurosci 5:97. 2011
..In accordance with observations for manual responses, we conclude that pupil dilations prior to saccade execution reflect advanced motor preparations and therefore provide valid indicator qualities for ongoing cortical processes...
- Changes in cortical plasticity after mild traumatic brain injury
Berenson Allen Center for Noninvasive Brain Stimulation, Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Restor Neurol Neurosci 30:277-82. 2012
..The neurophysiologic substrate for such lasting deficits remains unclear. There is a lack of objective measures of early brain abnormalities following mild TBI, which could shed light on the genesis of these lasting impairments...
- Insights on the neural basis of motor plasticity induced by theta burst stimulation from TMS-EEG
Berenson Allen Center for Noninvasive Brain Stimulation, Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Eur J Neurosci 37:598-606. 2013
..These results provide novel insight into the cortical effects of cTBS and could be useful for exploring cTBS-induced plasticity outside of the motor cortex...
- Guiding Binocular Saccades during Reading: A TMS Study of the PPC
IRIS Laboratory, CNRS, FRE 3154 and Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris Paris, France
Front Hum Neurosci 5:14. 2011
..The study might be of interest for the understanding of deficits of binocular coordination, encountered in several populations, e.g., in children with dyslexia...
- Spread deficits in initiation, speed and accuracy of horizontal and vertical automatic saccades in dementia with lewy bodies
Group IRIS, FRE 3375, Center National de la Recherche Scientifique, Service d Ophtalmologie ORL Stomatologie, Hôpital Européen Georges Pompidou Paris, France
Front Neurol 1:138. 2010
..Conclusions: Abnormalities of all parameters, latency, accuracy and peak velocity reflect spread deficits in cortical-subcortical circuits involved in the triggering and execution of saccades...
- How the brain obeys Hering's law: a TMS study of the posterior parietal cortex
IRIS Group, CNRS College de France, 11 place Marcelin Berthelot, Paris, France
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:230-7. 2008
..Human ocular saccades are not perfectly yoked; the origin of this disconjugacy (muscular versus central) remains controversial. The purpose of this study was to test a cortical influence on the binocular coordination of saccades...
- Divergence influences triggering of both vertical and horizontal saccades
IRIS Team, CNRS Paris, Paris, France
Optom Vis Sci 85:187-95. 2008
..In real life, divergence is frequently combined with vertical saccades. The purpose of this study was to examine the initiation of vertical and horizontal saccades, pure or combined with divergence...
- TMS of the posterior parietal cortex delays the latency of unpredictable saccades but not when they are combined with predictable divergence
IRIS Group, CNRS, College de France, Paris, France University of Pierre and Marie Curie Paris VI, Paris, France
Brain Res Bull 76:50-6. 2008
..The results confirm that TMS only modifies the latency when the cortical area stimulated is involved in the triggering of the eye movement...
- Switching between gap and overlap pro-saccades: cost or benefit?
IRIS Laboratory, CNRS, FRE 3154, Service d Ophtalmologie, Assistance Publique, Hopitaux de Paris, Hôpital Européen Georges Pompidou Univ Paris V, 20, rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
Exp Brain Res 197:49-58. 2009
..However, for middle-age adults, frequent changes of activity of a less optimally functioning FEF can be time consuming. Studying the alternation of gap and overlap tasks provides a fine tool to explore development, aging and disease...
- Binocular motor coordination during saccades and fixations while reading: a magnitude and time analysis
IRIS Laboratory, CNRS, FRE 3154 Assistance Publique des Hôpitaux de Paris, Paris, France
J Vis 9:2. 2009
..We suggest the existence of active binocular control mechanisms in which vergence signals may have a central role. Even computation of saccades may be based on continuous interaction between saccade and vergence...
- Eye movement abnormalities in somatic tinnitus: fixation, smooth pursuit and optokinetic nystagmus
Laboratoire IRIS, CNRS, FRE 3154, Service d Ophtalmologie ORL Stomatologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 20 rue Leblanc, Paris, France
Auris Nasus Larynx 37:314-21. 2010
..Smooth pursuit (SP), optokinetic nystagmus (OKN) and fixation were investigated in five subjects with somatic tinnitus modulated by eye movements, jaw or neck...
- Normal speed and accuracy of saccade and vergence eye movements in dyslexic reader children
Maria Pia Bucci
FRE 3292 CNRS, Universite Rene Descartes Paris V, 71 Avenue Edouard Vaillant, 92774 Boulogne Billancourt Cedex, France
J Ophthalmol 2009:325214. 2009
..Conclusion. This negative but important result, suggests no dysfunction of brainstem ocular motor circuits in dyslexic readers. It contrasts results on latencies related to visual attention dysfunction at cortical level...
- Central crosstalk for somatic tinnitus: abnormal vergence eye movements
Group IRIS, CNRS, Service d Ophtalmologie ORL Stomatologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 5:e11845. 2010
- [Preservation of automatic ocular saccades in healthy elderly: alteration in patients with dementia with Lewy body]
Laboratoire Iris vision et motricité binoculaire, CNRS, FRE 3154, Service d Ophtalmologie ORL Stomatologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Psychol Neuropsychiatr Vieil 8:295-306. 2010
..Furthermore, we observed a total absence of saccades with express latency. These promising results suggest a deficit even for automatic and express saccades in these patients...
- Differential auditory-oculomotor interactions in patients with right vs. left sided subjective tinnitus: a saccade study
CNRS CESEM UMR 8194, Université Paris Descartes Paris, France
Front Hum Neurosci 7:47. 2013
..e., poor binocular coordination). Although the precise mechanisms linking ST and saccadic control remain unexplained, these data suggest that ST can lead to detrimental auditory, visuomotor, and perhaps vestibular interactions...