Irene Perez Schael
Affiliation: Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Efficacy of the human rotavirus vaccine RIX4414 in malnourished childrenIrene Perez-Schael
Instituto de Biomedicina Fuvesin, Universidad Central de Venezuela, Ministerio de Salud, Caracas, Venezuela
J Infect Dis 196:537-40. 2007..2% (95% CI, 10.4%-83.1%) for RVGE of any severity, respectively. RIX4414 significantly decreased the rate of RVGE regardless of nutritional status, which suggests that this patient group can also benefit from rotavirus vaccination...
- Evaluation of safety, immunogenicity and efficacy of an attenuated rotavirus vaccine, RIX4414: A randomized, placebo-controlled trial in Latin American infantsBelen Salinas
Instituto de Biomedicina, Caracas, Venezuela
Pediatr Infect Dis J 24:807-16. 2005..A live attenuated monovalent rotavirus vaccine RIX4414 was developed with a human strain of G1P1A P specificity to reduce the rotavirus burden in children...
- Intussusception-associated hospitalization among Venezuelan infants during 1998 through 2001: anticipating rotavirus vaccinesIrene Perez-Schael
Instituto de Biomedicina Fuvesin, Universidad Central de Venezuela, Ministerio de Salud y Desarrollo Social, Carcas, Venezuela
Pediatr Infect Dis J 22:234-9. 2003..Therefore the objective of this study was to assess hospitalization rates and describe the epidemiologic and clinical characteristics of intussusception in Carabobo, Venezuela...
- Evaluation of serum antibody responses against the rotavirus nonstructural protein NSP4 in children after rhesus rotavirus tetravalent vaccination or natural infectionEsmeralda Vizzi
Laboratorio de Biología de Virus, Centro de Microbiologia y Biologia Celular, Instituto Venezolano de Investigaciones Cientificas IVIC, Carretera Panamericana Km 11, Caracas, 1020 A, Edo Miranda, Venezuela
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 12:1157-63. 2005..In addition, previous exposures to rotavirus did not affect the NSP4 seroconversion rate...
- Rotavirus mortality confirmed by etiologic identification in Venezuelan children with diarrheaIrene Perez-Schael
Instituto de Biomedicina, Fuvesin, Ministerio de Salud y Universidad Central de Venezuela, Caracas, Venezuela
Pediatr Infect Dis J 26:393-7. 2007..Hospital-based studies to determine the etiology of deaths from diarrhea are scarce. In this study, we specifically analyzed deaths due to rotavirus to assess the rotavirus impact on diarrhea mortality...
- Horizontal transmission of rhesus monkey rotavirus-based quadrivalent vaccine during a phase 3 clinical trial in Caracas, VenezuelaYasutaka Hoshino
Epidemiology Section, Laboratory of Infectious Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bldg 50, Rm 6308, 50 South Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892 8026, USA
J Infect Dis 187:791-800. 2003..5 mL of a 10% stool suspension. Reassortants of vaccine virus and wild-type human rotavirus were not detected...