- [Influence of genetic factors on human sexual orientation. Review]Alvaro Rodriguez-Larralde
Laboratorio de Genetica Humana, Centro de Medicina Experimental, Instituto Venezolano de Investigaciones Cientificas, IVIC, Caracas, Venezuela
Invest Clin 50:377-91. 2009..There is still much to be known about the genetics of human homosexuality...
- [Relation of socioeconomic levels and life style to fibrinogen and von Willebrand factor in healthy Venezuelans and those with ischemic cardiopathy]Alvaro Rodriguez-Larralde
Centro de Medicina Experimental, Instituto Venezolano de Investigaciones Cientificas, Caracas
Invest Clin 46:157-68. 2005..More studies in Venezuela are recommended, in order to increase our knowledge on the relationship between socioeconomic levels, haemostatic markers and the occurrence of coronary heart disease...
- [Changes in serum lipids, plasma fibrinogen and other haemostatic parameters induced by ciprofibrate action in hyperlipidemic patients with and without coronary artery disease]Raúl A Espinosa
Servicio de Cardiologia, Hospital Miguel Pérez Carreño HMPC, Caracas, Venezuela
Invest Clin 47:35-48. 2006..In this study, the use of ciprofibrat in patients with high risk of developing atherothrombotic events, showed efficiency and security in handling hyperlipidemia, such as keeping and appropriate haemostatic balance...
- Admixture estimates based on ABO, Rh and nine STRs in two Venezuelan regionsAlexandra D Simmons
Laboratorio de Genetica Humana, IVIC, Apartado 21827, Caracas 1020 A, Venezuela
Ann Hum Biol 34:56-67. 2007..The Venezuelan population is the product of Native American, African and European admixture. Few admixture studies have been made in Venezuela using short tandem repeats (STRs)...
- Beta-globin gene cluster haplotypes as evidence of African gene flow to the northeastern coast of VenezuelaMerlyn Vívenes De Lugo
Instituto Venezolano de Investigaciones Cientificas IVIC, Centro de Medicina Experimental, Laboratorio de Genetica Humana, Caracas 1020 A, Venezuela
Am J Hum Biol 15:29-37. 2003..These results confirm the utility of the beta-globin haplotypes for population studies and contribute to knowledge of the Venezuelan gene pool...
- Activity and levels of factor XIII in a Venezuelan admixed population: association with rs5985 (Val35Leu) and STR F13A01 polymorphismsMerlyn Vívenes
Laboratorio de Genetica Humana, Centro de Medicina Experimental, Instituto Venezolano de Investigaciones Cientificas, Caracas, Venezuela
Thromb Res 130:729-34. 2012..In the gene's promoter region STR F13A01 is present, however there is no available data related about its influence on the expression of FXIII...
- Mutation analysis of the HFE gene associated with hereditary hemochromatosis in a Venezuelan sampleEsmeralda Vizzi
Laboratorio de Biología de Virus, Centro de Microbiologia y Biologia Celular, Instituto Venezolano de Investigaciones Cientificas, Apdo 21827, Caracas, 1020 A, Venezuela
Ann Hematol 84:802-6. 2005..Our results indicate that C282Y homozygotes will be rarely detected. Performance of HFE mutation analysis in individuals with high iron determinations would be recommended...
- Admixture estimates for Caracas, Venezuela, based on autosomal, Y-chromosome, and mtDNA markersHelios Martínez
Laboratorio de Genetica Humana, Instituto Venezolano de Investigaciones Cientificas, Apdo 21827, Caracas 1020 A, Venezuela
Hum Biol 79:201-13. 2007..Our study reveals that the identification of the grandparents' geographic origin is an important methodological aspect to take into account in genetic studies related to the reconstruction of historical events...