- Core review: three-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography is a major advance for intraoperative clinical management of patients undergoing cardiac surgery: a core review
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Management, Toronto General Hospital, Eaton North Wing 3 406, 200 Elizabeth St, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 2C4
Anesth Analg 110:1548-73. 2010
..In this article, we present some of the key features of the emerging 3D technology and review its applications with an emphasis on real-time 3D transesophageal echocardiography...
- Impact of online transesophageal echocardiographic simulation on learning to navigate the 20 standard views
Department of Anesthesia and Pain Management, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada Electronic address
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 27:531-5. 2013
..The TEE probe position and ultrasound plane movements on a 3-dimensional heart model were displayed with the corresponding TEE video recording as the probe was moved among the views...
- An interactive online 3D model of the heart assists in learning standard transesophageal echocardiography views
Department of Anesthesia, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Can J Anaesth 58:14-21. 2011
..This study is an evaluation of the educational benefit of this application...
- Left-sided migration of Sideris button atrial septal occluder device
Department of Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, Toronto General Hospital, 200 Elizabeth Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2C4
Eur J Echocardiogr 11:E21. 2010
- Quantification of mitral valve anatomy by three-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography in mitral valve prolapse predicts surgical anatomy and the complexity of mitral valve repair
Division of Cardiology, Peter Munk Cardiac Centre, Toronto General Hospital, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 25:758-65. 2012
..However, the accuracy of 3D TEE in quantifying MV anatomy is less well studied, and its clinical relevance for MV repair is unknown...
- Right ventricular failure after LVAD implantation: prevention and treatment
University of Toronto, Staff Anaesthesiologist, Toronto General Hospital, Department of Anaesthesia and Pain Management, 200 Elizabeth Street, EN 3 442, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 2C4
Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol 26:217-29. 2012
..Treatment of RVF relies on inotropic support, decreasing pulmonary vascular resistance and adjusting LVAD flows to minimise distortion of RV geometry. RVAD insertion is a last recourse when RVF is refractory to medical treatment...
- A rare complication of intra-aortic balloon pump placement
Department of Anesthesia, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 19:259-60. 2005
- The successful management of severe protamine-induced pulmonary hypertension using inhaled prostacyclin
Departments of Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Anesth Analg 110:365-9. 2010
..The case highlights a role for inhaled nebulized prostacyclin as a selective pulmonary vasodilator with minimal systemic hypotensive effects...