- Use of a simple DNA extraction method for high-throughput detection of filarial parasite Wuchereria bancrofti in the vector mosquitoes
Vector Control Research Centre, ICMR, Indra Nagar, Medical Complex, Puducherry 605 006, India
Parasitol Res 111:2479-81. 2012
..bancrofti in other endemic regions of the world. Thus, TE buffer-based boiling method of DNA extraction is useful for the high-throughput detection of W. bancrofti in vector mosquitoes...
- A simple and rapid DNA extraction method for the detection of Wuchereria bancrofti infection in the vector mosquito, Culex quinquefasciatus by Ssp I PCR assay
Vector Control Research Centre ICMR, Medical Complex, Indira Nagar, 600 006 Pondicherry, India
Acta Trop 86:109-14. 2003
..The results thus show that the DNA extraction method, which is simple, rapid, safe and inexpensive, is efficient to generate DNA from vector mosquitoes useful in PCR assay and hence has potential application in xenomonitoring...
- Filamentation temperature-sensitive protein Z (FtsZ) of Wolbachia, endosymbiont of Wuchereria bancrofti: a potential target for anti-filarial chemotherapy
Vector Control Research Centre, Indira Nagar, Medical Complex, Puducherry, India
Acta Trop 125:330-8. 2013
..Since it is highly conserved and plays an important role in Wolbachia cell division it appears to be a potential target for anti-filarial chemotherapy development...
- Detection of Brugia malayi in laboratory and wild-caught Mansonioides mosquitoes (Diptera: Culicidae) using Hha I PCR assay
S L Hoti
Vector Control Research Centre ICMR, Medical Complex, Indira Nagar, Pondicherry, 605 006, India
Bull Entomol Res 91:87-92. 2001
..05). Thus, the Hha I PCR assay was found to be as sensitive as the conventional technique and hence it can be used as a new epidemiological tool for assessing parasite infection in field-collected mosquitoes...
- A rapid and simplified method of DNA extraction for the detection of Brugia malayi infection in mosquitoes by PCR assay
Vector Control Research Centre ICMR, Medical Complex, Indira Nagar, 605 006, Pondicherry, India
Acta Trop 79:245-8. 2001
..Hence, this simple TE-based method is rapid, safe and also cost-effective in assessing the B. malayi infection in pools of vector mosquitoes...
- RT-PCR assay for the detection of infective (L3) larvae of lymphatic filarial parasite, Wuchereria bancrofti, in vector mosquito Culex quinquefasciatus
Vector Control Research Centre ICMR, Indira Nagar, Medical Complex, Puducherry, India
J Vector Borne Dis 45:207-16. 2008
..The main objective of this study was to develop a RT-PCR assay, based on L3 stage-specific primers to detect the presence of infective stage larvae of filarial parasite, Wuchereria bancrofti in the vector Culex quinquefasciatus...
- Molecular and functional characterization of macrophage migration inhibitory factor (MIF) homolog of human from lymphatic filarial parasite Wuchereria bancrofti
Vector Control Research Centre ICMR Indira Nagar, Medical Complex, Pondicherry 605 006, India
Parasitol Res 111:2035-47. 2012
..The rWb-MIF-1 protein did not show elevation of specific IgG4 antibodies in microfilaremic cases, a hallmark in case of lymphatic filariasis, while it showed IgE reactivity in some of these cases (five out of ten)...
- Laboratory evaluation of Ssp I PCR assay for the detection of Wuchereria bancrofti infection in Culex quinquefasciatus
S L Hoti
Vector Control Research Centre (ICMR, Pondicherry, India
Indian J Med Res 114:59-64. 2001
- Development and standardization of a rapid, PCR-based method for the detection of Wuchereria bancrofti in mosquitoes, for xenomonitoring the human prevalence of bancroftian filariasis
S A Williams
Clark Science Center, Smith College, Northampton, MA 01063, USA
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 96:S41-6. 2002
..Two of the four methods stood out as clearly the best and these will be now optimised and evaluated in two further rounds of testing...