- Results of nine international pressure ulcer prevalence surveys: 1989 to 2005
Hill Rom, Batesville, Ind, USA
Ostomy Wound Manage 54:40-54. 2008
..Prevalence within the Braden Score risk categories aligned with risk for developing pressure ulcers. Despite increased attention to the pressure ulcer problem, prevalence rates from the last five survey years are relatively unchanged...
- The demographics of suspected deep tissue injury in the United States: an analysis of the International Pressure Ulcer Prevalence Survey 2006-2009
Hill Rom Inc, Batesville, Indiana, USA
Adv Skin Wound Care 23:254-61. 2010
..Clinical data on sDTI are sparse. This article reports the overall prevalence data and describes the demographics of subjects with sDTI from the International Pressure Ulcer Prevalence survey 2006-2009...
- Results of the 2008-2009 International Pressure Ulcer Prevalence Survey and a 3-year, acute care, unit-specific analysis
Ostomy Wound Manage 55:39-45. 2009
..Results indicate that, although overall prevalence trends are encouraging, there is a stark contrast from the desired state, especially in adult ICUs...
- Air-fluidized therapy: physical properties and clinical uses
The Hill Rom Company, Batesville, IN 47006, USA
Ann Plast Surg 65:364-70. 2010
..This article seeks to evaluate the physical differences in AFT over other mattress types and to review the published literature for this therapy modality...
- Body mass index, weight, and pressure ulcer prevalence: an analysis of the 2006-2007 International Pressure Ulcer Prevalence Surveys
Hill Rom, State Route 46 East, Batesville, Indiana 47006, USA
J Nurs Care Qual 24:127-35. 2009
..One in 10 patients were extremely obese...
- A Laboratory Study Examining the Impact of Linen Use on Low-air-loss Support Surface Heat and Water Vapor Transmission Rates
Hill Rom, Batesville, IN email
Ostomy Wound Manage 59:32-41. 2013
..Additional studies to examine the effect of linens and underpads as well as microclimate management strategies on pressure ulcer risk are needed. ..
- The effect of multiple layers of linens on surface interface pressure: results of a laboratory study
Global Surfaces Engineering, Clinical Research, Hill Rom, Batesville, IN, USA
Ostomy Wound Manage 59:38-48. 2013
..Although additional preclinical and clinical studies are needed to guide practice, excessive linen usage for patients on therapeutic support surfaces should be discouraged...
- Estimates of evaporation rates from wounds for various dressing/support surface combinations
Biomedical Engineering Specialist, Clinical Research, Hill Rom, in Batesville, Indiana, USA
Adv Skin Wound Care 25:29-36. 2012
..The purpose of this study was to provide estimates of evaporative withdrawal rates for various wound dressings and therapeutic support surfaces...