- Care and justice: the impact of gender and profession on ethical decision making in the healthcare arenaSusan L Zickmund
Department of Medicine and Communication, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Clin Ethics 15:176-87. 2004
- Mental and physical symptoms associated with lower social support for patients with hepatitis CJulie A Blasiole
Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System 151C U University Drive C, Pittsburgh PA 15240, USA
World J Gastroenterol 12:4665-72. 2006..To systematically examine the impact of the hepatitis C virus (HCV) diagnosis on patients' level of social support in a large-scale study...
- Hepatitis C virus-infected patients report communication problems with physiciansSusan Zickmund
Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh College of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Hepatology 39:999-1007. 2004..These should target both specialists and primary care providers to inform them about the psychosocial challenges facing these patients...
- Interest in the use of computerized patient portals: role of the provider-patient relationshipSusan L Zickmund
Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, 151C U, University Drive C, Pittsburgh, PA 15240, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:20-6. 2008..However, little is known about what influences patients' desires to use this technology...
- A systematic review of provider knowledge of hepatitis C: is it enough for a complex disease?Susan L Zickmund
VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15240, USA
Dig Dis Sci 52:2550-6. 2007..We conclude that while healthcare providers understand the nature of hepatitis C, important knowledge gaps persist, which may constitute barriers to appropriate therapy...
- Majority of patients with hepatitis C express physical, mental, and social difficulties with antiviral treatmentSusan L Zickmund
Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 18:381-8. 2006..However, treatment is long and is associated with significant side-effects. We investigated difficulties with this treatment as it is an important factor in patient adherence...
- Patient perspectives on the integration of an intensive online behavioral weight loss intervention into primary careKathleen M McTigue
University of Pittsburgh Department of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Patient Educ Couns 83:261-4. 2011..To examine patients' perception of how a referral-based online lifestyle intervention contributed to primary care medicine...
- Value versus user fees: perspectives of patients before and after using a web-based portal for management of diabetesCindy L Bryce
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Telemed J E Health 14:1035-43. 2008..This opposition stems from concerns about fairness and from the recognition that health systems may experience cost savings if patients manage their diabetes successfully...
- Exploring challenges and potentials of personal health records in diabetes self-management: implementation and initial assessmentRachel Hess
Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Telemed J E Health 13:509-17. 2007..Patients are responsive to technology. Future work should focus on diabetes-related outcomes assessment and intensifying interventions...
- Factors associated with probability of personal digital assistant-based dietary self-monitoring in those with type 2 diabetesMary Ann Sevick
Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Behav Med 33:315-25. 2010....
- Congestive heart failure patients report conflict with their physiciansSusan L Zickmund
Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pennsylvania, USA
J Card Fail 12:546-53. 2006..Given the importance of the doctor-patient relationship, we examined the prevalence and nature of patients' perceived conflicts with the physicians caring for their congestive heart failure (CHF)...
- Inflammation, psychiatric symptoms, and opioid use are associated with pain and disability in patients with cirrhosisShari S Rogal
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion, Veterans Affairs Healthcare System, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Electronic address
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 13:1009-16. 2015..We investigated whether the pain and disability in patients with cirrhosis are associated with systemic inflammation and psychiatric symptoms...
- Factor analysis and internal consistency evaluation of the FAMCARE scale for use in the long-term care settingKeri L Rodriguez
Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15206, USA
Palliat Support Care 8:169-76. 2010..The FAMCARE Scale was originally designed to measure family satisfaction with advanced cancer care. The current study evaluated the instrument's psychometric qualities when used in the long-term care (LTC) setting...
- Orthopedic communication about osteoarthritis treatment: Does patient race matter?Leslie R M Hausmann
VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System and University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 63:635-42. 2011....
- Adolescents' impressions of antismoking media literacy education: qualitative results from a randomized controlled trialBrian A Primack
Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Health Educ Res 24:608-21. 2009..06). Findings suggest that although media literacy provides a compelling format for the delivery of anti-tobacco programming, integration of components of traditional programming may help media literacy programs achieve maximal efficacy...
- The effect of patient race on total joint replacement recommendations and utilization in the orthopedic settingLeslie R M Hausmann
Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, 7180 Highland Drive 151C H, Pittsburgh, PA 15206, USA
J Gen Intern Med 25:982-8. 2010....